Table Service restaurants on a budget...

I'm not an expert on dining, but at what table service restaurants on property can someone feed 4 people for less than $100 including tips? I feel like I never see entrees for less than $20, and even if you only order that and drink water it's still $25pp after tax and tip.

The Plaza, Sci-Fi, Via Napoli, The Grand Floridian Cafe, to name a few.

I think the problem is that it's really about dining on budget based on Disney pricing standards...and not US standards.

I did find it interesting that they only listed California Grill's lounge and not just California Grill as a whole. Sure, you're not going to save any $ going in and order a 3-course meal, but some of the appetizers (especially the flat breads) are pretty generous in terms of portion sizes. While it might not be enough for everyone, I could easily go into Cali Grill and have each person order a flatbread for $16-17/pp and make a meal of it. It's not dirt cheap, but it's closer to counter service prices. Sure, that number goes up if you add anything else (including drinks), but it can be done. If only the quality consistently matched the pricing (as a whole...not just Cali Grill).

I'm not an expert on dining, but at what table service restaurants on property can someone feed 4 people for less than $100 including tips? I feel like I never see entrees for less than $20, and even if you only order that and drink water it's still $25pp after tax and tip.
I think you can do it lots of places as long as you're willing to share. Serving sizes at most restaurants are huge. You don't need 4 appetizers and 4 entrees for 4 people. 2 appetizers and 2 entrees would likely be plenty. So if appetizers are about $10 and entrees are about $25, that's $70 plus tax and tip.

I would recommend Splitsville dining room at DS. Yes, the entrees will broach on $25 on the high end, but you can easily get a few appetizers (suggest nachos), a pizza or two, and still stay well under the $100 ceiling.
I've heard so many great things about Splitsville - it's definitely on my "must try" list if I get back to DS - and that list keeps getting LONGER and LONGER! Daggone DS for constantly tempting my tastebuds, and strangling my wallet, if only on a "wish list" basis for right now! :)

Via Napoli and Kona Cafe are like the only table services restaurants we dine in as a family of 5 and they are very delicious and pretty budget friendly
p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png

Via Napoli and Kona Cafe are like the only table services restaurants we dine in as a family of 5 and they are very delicious and pretty budget friendly
p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png
@zobow02 - I notice you're staying at the Poly in the near future - wow - have a MAGICAL time - pretty sure you will!! :)

I've heard so many great things about Splitsville - it's definitely on my "must try" list if I get back to DS
yes agreed Splitsville is amazing! The restaurant has something everybody likes. However I would not bowl here. It is seriously expensive! My brother and dad went bowling here last week and it was over $70 for a game or two!

@zobow02 - I notice you're staying at the Poly in the near future - wow - have a MAGICAL time - pretty sure you will!! :)

And thank you so much! Our friends own a DVC and offered us some of their points to rent! The room ended up being $250 a night! We never stay at deluxes so we are excited!

Just listened to the show today.

I agree their use of “budget” was a misnomer here. What they really listed were (relative) “bargains.” Buffets instead of entrees; apps in the lounge instead of Sigature dining, etc.

For “budget,” they should have actually set one, like $25 per diner or something.

The only TS (besides breakfasts) where we came in under $100 was Geyser Point. DH and I each some sort of salad with protein, girls each had the kids burger meal. I had two glasses of wine. No apps or desserts. Total with tip was $83.27. The entrees were under $20, which I was surprised by. Portions were on the smaller side though (DH would NOT have shared!).

Our lunches at Sci Fi and SAI were both around $130. Tonys, Tusker House, and Biergarten were $160. Even Trails End, which people call budget friendly, was $130.

I will say the counter service meals we had were not bad, especially Santuii Canteen. For under $50 we were extremely pleased with our meal. Next trip I may try to do more counter service. The mobile ordering made them even more enjoyable.

I will say the counter service meals we had were not bad, especially Santuii Canteen. For under $50 we were extremely pleased with our meal. Next trip I may try to do more counter service. The mobile ordering made them even more enjoyable.
I think Disney CS is extremely under-appreciated, even by the DIS team. I get so sick of hearing people make comments about hamburgers and chicken nuggets. The truth is that it's actually not that easy to find a hamburger in the parks, and I think Casey's might be the only place in MK that sells hot dogs.

The variety of options and the quality of the food at many Disney CS locations is excellent. We pretty much eat all CS when we go. It's faster and it's cheaper.

I think Disney CS is extremely under-appreciated, even by the DIS team. I get so sick of hearing people make comments about hamburgers and chicken nuggets. The truth is that it's actually not that easy to find a hamburger in the parks, and I think Casey's might be the only place in MK that sells hot dogs.

The variety of options and the quality of the food at many Disney CS locations is excellent. We pretty much eat all CS when we go. It's faster and it's cheaper.
I think it depends on the park. While I haven’t been to Woodys yet DHS CS has lacked for some time. AK has the best quick service options IMO. Epcot there is food everywhere. MK has plenty of good options as well.

I think it depends on the park. While I haven’t been to Woodys yet DHS CS has lacked for some time. AK has the best quick service options IMO. Epcot there is food everywhere. MK has plenty of good options as well.
I agree that DHS is lacking in CS options, or at least good CS options. I'm looking forward to sampling things at Woody's in a couple of months. We used to eat at Rosie's until some genius at Disney decided they didn't need to serve veggie burgers in the parks anymore. Since then, we've usually left the park when it was time to eat, or we've gone to PizzeRizzo. Despite how Pete feels about the place, we're satisfied there and it's one of the only places where all 3 of us have something to eat.

We used to eat at Rosie's until some genius at Disney decided they didn't need to serve veggie burgers in the parks anymore.

We just tried Rosie's for the first time last October and I had the best Fried Green Tomato Sandwich. I hope it's still on the menu because I can't wait to get it again in a couple months!

Anywhere outside Disney , the word "budget" means, how to spend as little money as possible.
Inside Disney , the word "budget" means, how much money can CM's get you to spend.

I agree that DHS is lacking in CS options, or at least good CS options. I'm looking forward to sampling things at Woody's in a couple of months. We used to eat at Rosie's until some genius at Disney decided they didn't need to serve veggie burgers in the parks anymore. Since then, we've usually left the park when it was time to eat, or we've gone to PizzeRizzo. Despite how Pete feels about the place, we're satisfied there and it's one of the only places where all 3 of us have something to eat.
It looks like the new round of menu updates brought back veggie burgers. Looks like there is a new vegan burger at ABC Commissary in DHS.

We are a family of five and manage to eat for under $100 at both 50’s Prime Time (sharing entrees because they are huge) and at Sanaa (getting the naan bread service and then some of us order from the lounge’s app menu). We didn’t leave hungry in either of those examples!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter