Tables in Wonderland Expiration

buckeyeguy1

Mouseketeer
My TiW expired last month and couldn't remember the expiration "rules" so I took a look at the webpage at the rules to brush up. I thought when I purchased my last one (4/9/17), it expired at the end of the following month (5/31/18).

The rules on the website now say it expires one year from purchase date. Anyone else notice?

Also, I was told by several cast members on my last trip that if you start your TiW membership on the phone and have them mail you you card, you get a plastic card instead of the "paperish" card you get in Guest Services. Anyone have experience with this?

My TiW expired last month and couldn't remember the expiration "rules" so I took a look at the webpage at the rules to brush up. I thought when I purchased my last one (4/9/17), it expired at the end of the following month (5/31/18).

The rules on the website now say it expires one year from purchase date. Anyone else notice?

Also, I was told by several cast members on my last trip that if you start your TiW membership on the phone and have them mail you you card, you get a plastic card instead of the "paperish" card you get in Guest Services. Anyone have experience with this?

There have been varying reports lately on expiration dates on the TiW. Some have reported that it now expires one year from date of issue.

What you were told about getting a plastic card if you order by phone is correct. However, your activation begins when you order it, and it can take 2-3 weeks (or more) before you receive your plastic card. So, if you have multiple trips planned, it may be best to just wait until you get to Disney to purchase.

Technically ...... there are two expiration dates, but only one published expiration date.

Because you can buy in person or order on phone .....
.. the ones who purchase in person gain an advantage because the clock begins ticking at purchase.

When you buy over the phone they have determined about 3 weeks before your (yes plastic card) arrives to you. That would mean that you purchased but were not able to use your card for that 3 weeks or so. In order to make it fair they actually set the expiration date to be between 12-13 months so you get a full 12 months use.

When you purchase in person, rather than the system be set for two different tickers, it is the same system which means not only do you walk away with your TiW ready to use (yes it is that Tyvek paper) but you get those extra weeks to use it as well.

When you purchase in person, rather than the system be set for two different tickers, it is the same system which means not only do you walk away with your TiW ready to use (yes it is that Tyvek paper) but you get those extra weeks to use it as well.

Unless the cm messes up. But you can get that fixed.

I purchased TIW in person last May. May 26 2017. It expired May 31 2018. So no thirteen months for me. I just ordered TIW today over the phone since my AP expires today and I don’t plan on renewing and the CM stated it will expire July 31 2019 so there’s the thirteen months. I understand I won’t receive it until sometime in July so it makes sense.

I have one currently that we got at WDW on Jan 2, 2018. It is good until Feb 28, 2019. It is paper.
I had one before that we bought over the phone and it was plastic and 13 months.

I ordered one over the phone at the beginning of June (a few weeks ago). I wanted a plastic card this time. The plastic card arrived approximately 2 weeks later and expires on July 31, 2018.

Sandy and I purchased a NEW TIW on APR 03, 2018 - via the TIW Website.
As with our previous cards? Our new card shows an expiration of MAY 31, 2019.
And we have a PLASTIC card, to boot :).

There is no TIW website. It is now under the Disney World website, not maintained separately and cannot be ordered online (although I'm not aware that it ever could - in person, at the parks, or by phone for as long as I can remember)

I ordered over the phone on February 2, 2018 in advance of a March trip. Received the plastic card about three weeks later with March 31, 2019 expiration date. I had waited intentionally until the beginning of February to order the card so it will still be usable in March of next year.

The rules have always said that, and they still give you 13 months. Mine was purchased at WDW November 2017 and it expires December 31, 2018.

The above post is correct. There is no longer a separate TIW website, nor can you order one online. You may still be able to order one by phone. The thing to remember with TIW is the timing on it starts when you buy it, not when you first use it.

So - the card means nothing :). It sort of DOES to us :). Expiration Date: 13 months :).

I refuse to argue with you.... Not what we do, and argumentative posts are contrary to board policy.

We simply try to HELP others. You are a Moderator, else? I would likely be blocking you, as we do not desire trouble, nor will we engage in activities contrary to this boards policy.

It is not my job to provide you with established WDW links. Sorry, but a mod has that capability. Moderators have ALL the skills of simple Posters.

If you are helping others, posting the link you used to buy TIW online would be a huge help. Thanks!

Goffy78? Sorry - I am now concerned that a Moderator is less than pleased with me....
I will say nothing more on this subject. If I could? I would remove all of this data.

@Dean Marino I am not "less than pleased" with you at all (I don't know what you mean by 'we', unless you are multiple people sharing one login?), merely asked that you post the link from which you bought the TIW card, since it would be helpful to others if such a thing can be done. I am NOT disputing the fact that you have a TIW card, I am disputing the fact that it was bought online. The official WDW website, which is the place for official information pertaining to the TIW card, states the only way to buy it is in person, at the parks, or by phone. If you bought it online, all I am asking is that you post the link. The fact that you will not, I can only assume, means you cannot.

The intention of the DIS is to provide useful and accurate advice to others. Unless you can show me otherwise, unfortunately the information you posted is inaccurate and I am only trying to make sure others are aware that, per WDW official information, the only way to buy the card is in person or by phone.

We are planning to get APs for our December trip and I would like to get TiW. Would I have to first activate my AP before I can purchase TiW? I'm thinking that it probably makes more sense for me to purchase TiW when I'm there rather than over the phone given the 2-3 weeks delay in receipt but I just want to make sure that whichever way I do it is easiest and most convenient or that I schedule the time when we first arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!