Tables in Wonderland Expiration

We are planning to get APs for our December trip and I would like to get TiW. Would I have to first activate my AP before I can purchase TiW? I'm thinking that it probably makes more sense for me to purchase TiW when I'm there rather than over the phone given the 2-3 weeks delay in receipt but I just want to make sure that whichever way I do it is easiest and most convenient or that I schedule the time when we first arrive.

Yes. You need to activate your AP first.

Yes. You need to activate your AP first.

Since you need to activate your AP anyway, you can purchase the TIW at the same time. If you activate the AP at one of the Guest Relations windows at a park or at Disney Springs, they can set you up with the TIW card on the spot. It will be one of the tyvek cards rather than the plastic you receive with a phone purchase.

OP, from your sig, it looks like you will be staying at an Epcot resort. The Guest Services window at the International Gateway entrance is particularly convenient to get to.

There is no TIW website. It is now under the Disney World website, not maintained separately and cannot be ordered online (although I'm not aware that it ever could - in person, at the parks, or by phone for as long as I can remember)

I have had TiW for about 12 years (it used to be called The Disney Dining Experience before that). You could get the Tyrek (paper) one in person at GR/Ticketing OR get the plastic card by calling to order. Believe me I am an ONLINE person, if that were an option I would have done it online every time to avoid a phone call or visit to GR.

It always had it's own website which would direct you how to purchase (above) but recently Disney merged it into their website.

Direct from Disney:

How to Purchase
To purchase a Membership, please visit Guest Relations at any of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks or at Disney Springs. Florida Residents and Annual Passholders may also purchase by phone by calling (407) 566-5858. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery when purchasing by phone.

:drinking1

BEST HINT: No matter where you eat, even if not on list, ask them if they offer TiW discounts (or AP if you have one). I have gotten discounts at TS and QS that were not on the list.

SECOND BEST HINT: I was able to purchase the partner membership for my DD who was going to be working at Disney for a year. Yes, she had her CM discount but she was able to use this with friends on drinks and at places that she was restricted on her CM.

Yes, I could post a link. No, I do not believe it is in my best interest to do so.

I do not even know what that means. This is ridiculous, you claim you purchased online, all we are asking is that you post the link. If it is possible, there are many people who would like to be able to take advantage of that option.

I am confused by the '"upset a moderator"' comments. I don't think, at any point, I have stated that I am upset and, in fact, specifically stated that you had NOT upset me. And even if you had, I moderate the UK boards and have NO jurisdiction on this board. What I have said is that I don't believe there is a method of purchasing online, you inferred that I called you a liar and offered to prove it by showing me the card, which proves nothing. I (and others) are just asking to see the link where you can purchase online. I feel like you are detracting from the inaccuracies of your post by suggesting you might get into trouble for doing so, even when I am telling you that you are free to post a link.

Some people will go to great lengths to avoid admitting that they were wrong. I imagine someone is misremembering or misspoke, but too proud to recant.

You can purchase by phone if you have an active AP or are a Florida resident. Those folks, along with DVC members, can purchase in person. Some (one?) DVC members have reported that they were allowed to purchase over the phone, but that should not be expected since it is contrary to the written rule. It is not, and never has been available to purchase online.

The expiration is the last day of the 13th month from when you purchased the card. That give you a minimum of 13 months and up to almost 14 months of purchased early in the month. I’ve seen at least one report of an overzealous CM changing the expiration date to exactly 12 months, but that is not policy and can be corrected.

I bought my TiW card on May 12 at the MK Guest Services window. It expires the end of June next year. So, better than 13 full months of use.

I do not even know what that means. This is ridiculous, you claim you purchased online, all we are asking is that you post the link. If it is possible, there are many people who would like to be able to take advantage of that option.

I am confused by the '"upset a moderator"' comments. I don't think, at any point, I have stated that I am upset and, in fact, specifically stated that you had NOT upset me. And even if you had, I moderate the UK boards and have NO jurisdiction on this board. What I have said is that I don't believe there is a method of purchasing online, you inferred that I called you a liar and offered to prove it by showing me the card, which proves nothing. I (and others) are just asking to see the link where you can purchase online. I feel like you are detracting from the inaccuracies of your post by suggesting you might get into trouble for doing so, even when I am telling you that you are free to post a link.
No more data, as previously stated...
No board rules violated, as previously stated.

Thanks to all for your help.

Sorry I posted and bailed. I saw the first few replies which helped guide my decision and totally forgot about it.

If anyone searches for this later on this is what I did:

I called in on 7/1 to the normal booking line to book a trip for next year and the CM that I spoke to stated that she was one of the CMs that could do most business on the phone (not JUST book room reservations or JUST book dining reservations). I asked her about the TiW card and she stated that I HAD to go to Guest Relations at the parks or DS.

I decided to call in to the TiW line that they post online on 7/2 as they are only open Monday-Friday. The CM I talked to did confirm that what everyone else here at the DIS has stated and that I would receive a plastic credit card type TiW card in the mail. She did give the disclaimer stating that it would take up to three weeks to receive it in the mail. I was able to pay for it in full with a Disney Gift Card.

On 7/9 I received my TiW card in the mail. It was in fact the plastic card. The expiration date is 8/31/19.

This may sound odd, but I am stoked that I now have the plastic card type. The "paper" type I had before was just oblong and thin enough, that when I put it in my card/money clip, that I was always nervous about loosing it when pulling my clip out of my pocket.

Thanks again!

<<<<< Edited on 7/13 to correct the expiration date. >>>>>

Last edited:
You can buy TIW at the same time as you activate your AP, if you do it at guest services. I'm pretty sure that TIW isn't sold at ticket windows.

Apparently the Previous Poster had some kind of special link, as TIW has never advertised anything about buying online and they even got rid of their separate website and rolled everything into the Disney website awhile back. I only purchased by phone once and it was years ago. I don't care if my card is Tyvek.

I bought a TiW card at Guest services on June 12th and it expires July 31, 2019. I learned here that I could call TiW and ask for the plastic card. They are mailing one to me. It will be nice to have the plastic card since the paper one often causes the CM problems when they try to scan it.

I’d prefer to wait to buy the TIW card when I’m there so it will be until October 2019. If I do that, I will receive the paper card? But I can then call and get the hard plastic?

I’d prefer to wait to buy the TIW card when I’m there so it will be until October 2019. If I do that, I will receive the paper card? But I can then call and get the hard plastic?
I got the paper card when I bought it at Guest Services. I'll called them and they sent me a plastic card. It took less than two weeks to get the plastic card. It has the same expiration date as the paper card.

I got the paper card when I bought it at Guest Services. I'll called them and they sent me a plastic card. It took less than two weeks to get the plastic card. It has the same expiration date as the paper card.

Awesome! Just wanted to double check. I’ll grab it as I go into Epcot on my first day. Thank you!

It’s Tyvek, not paper. More like indestructible paper. But, yes, you can call and have it replaced with the hard plastic version.

I'd love to be able to buy our TiW online, I keep missing the calling window, their hours are M-F until 5pm. So I'm going to have to wait until Monday to call, and I'll probably forget again.

About two or three years ago we got TIW at MK Guest Services. It expired exactly one year later. The extra time wouldn't have helped us any since we wouldn't have been there during the extra time anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter