• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taco Bake - sort of

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
After successfully pulling/shredding some chicken the other day, I adjusted the recipe for Quick Taco Bake on the Bisquick box. (Thanks again, Pumba!) Thought I'd share.

1 lb pulled chicken
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 can tomato soup
1 can refried beans
2 c shredded Cheddar
2 c baking mix (like Jiffy or Bisquick)
1 c milk
2 eggs
1 tsp chili powder

Heat oven to 350. Into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish, put the chicken & beans. Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomato soup & beans. Cover with cheese. Combine baking mix, milk, eggs & chili powder & stir until blended. Pour over chicken mixture. Bake 35 min or until light golden brown.

The original recipe says to serve with sour cream, chopped tomato & shredded lettuce, but I forgot to do that.

DH requested that I put corn in next time. I was also thinking of using corn muffin mix next time instead of the baking mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter