Take a shower and dress to impress!

Thank you. Your are very sweet and unfortunately, not wrong. I very much do have PPD as well as PPA. I was put on Zoloft at my 6 or 8 week check up after having my son. He’ll be 3 in May. Since we moved, I have to find all new doctors. My son has some medical things I gotta deal with and plus, I’m moving again, so once all that is taken care of, you have my word, I’ll work a little bit on me. I wasn’t like this before my pregnancy. I hate being a downer
Being a mom is tough, especially when they are little. Remember though on planes they tell us in an emergency to put on our oxygen masks first and that is good life advice. You have to make sure you are taking care of yourself, otherwise you can't take care of your son. Hugs.

Just look in the mirror before you leave! Buy clothes in your size. Make sure no black undies in white pants and supportive bra.

It's sad seeing how some dress but it's not going to change- pajama pants, short shorts, no bras, see through closing and trying to word kindly pooh size people in clothes several sizes too small.

I see no problem with yoga pants if you can pull off. You can dress nice and be comfortable!

There could be hilarious You Tube videos posted just on yoga pants/butt crack sightings at DW. We've seen more than our share. Walking out of Epcot there were two 30 something ladies walking in front of us, a little on the fluffy side, in matching nude color see through yoga pants. The nude color was enough for a double take but the lack of underware underneath was the show stopper. Jiggling dimpled butt cracks on parade! We laughed till we cried and still laugh about it today. HINT: If you can see your hand thru the material as you put them on nothing is left to the imagination.

I had to revisit this thread. We just got back today from an 11 day trip. reading through the replies is kinda funny! We did see a few too young girls wearing shorts way too short but it's a butt cheek, not private parts so we just look the other way and carry on. Now the yoga pants, jeez! if the people wearing them actually practiced yoga then yeah, go for it! But to wear them because they make them in your size is just not very appealing to the eyes. But we can all be thankful that the sagging pants fad is wearing away. That's the one fashion statement I have never understood.

On a similar vein I have bad psoriasis, especially around my neck. You have to give yourself a talking to every morning before you get out into the parks, because people do stare. I felt like I needed to wear a printed tshirt saying 1. Yes, it is a skin condition 2. Yes its ugly 3. No you cant catch it 4. Yes I'm sure you would cover it up 😂😂😂

But then you just ignore those people and go enjoy your day! 😊

Whether we like it or not, activewear, including “yoga pants,” has become a norm at Disney. There is a reason for it — Disney is a VERY active vacation, data backs it up.

Per my Apple Watch, here are my averages from our December trip:

Average steps per day: 15,979 (Some days logged over 20K)
Average minutes of spontaneously logged high-intensity exercise: 38 (Some days logged 60+)

At home I work out regularly, but at Disney I don’t even worry about it - it just happens. So yes, for me, activewear is ideal to tour the parks - because it is more comfortable and makes so much more sense than jeans. Activewear also dries quickly after a rain.

There is a way to do it tastefully. Flared yoga pants and a neat high-UPF long-sleeved tee, or a sweatshirt on a cool day, Decent-thickness leggings with a tasteful tee and a booty-covering sun jacket (which if it gets too hot, gets wrapped around the waist, also covering said booty.). Comfortable walking shoes or athletic sandals. Note that these outfits provide cover to the legs, both for sun protection and because some ladies’ legs make them feel more self-conscious than their booty (like me). As long as nothing indecent is showing, who gives a whit what anyone else thinks.

Honestly, I tend to take little note of what other people are wearing, unless it’s really cute. Too much fun to be had to waste energy worrying about other people’s clothes. ::yes::

Unless you're wearing something with a hateful or vulgar message and I just happen to notice it, or you're naked, I don't care what anyone wears to Disney. I don't care how old you are or what your size is....I think you should wear whatever you feel most comfortable in, because after 12 hours of heat and walking if something about your outfit is bothering you it's going to be really, really bothering you by the time you get to change out of it. Wear what makes you feel good---physically and mentally and bear in mind that some of us there aren't judging you even one tiny bit. :)

After reading through all these, I guess I can comment that I don't honestly really care what most people are wearing. I barely see them as we move through the crowds. In November we were on property for a "Dapper Day" and at first I had no idea why people were in top hats and tuxedos. My wife had to look it up. To each, their own.

But what gets me the most and I saw it in the original post: spitting. This last trip I even had my 12 year old daughter ask me why so many men were spitting at Disney World. I had no answer for her. We had the pleasure of getting stuck behind two sauntering young dudes who spit on anything not moving. How they even had that much to spit is beyond me.

Spitting in vastly public places like WDW has got to go.

But what gets me the most and I saw it in the original post: spitting. This last trip I even had my 12 year old daughter ask me why so many men were spitting at Disney World. I had no answer for her. We had the pleasure of getting stuck behind two sauntering young dudes who spit on anything not moving. How they even had that much to spit is beyond me.

Spitting in vastly public places like WDW has got to go.

my DBF spit's all the time. It's such a bad habit. He says it's from playing baseball his whole life. I nudge him whenever he does it and i yelled at him when we were in Disney-since some queues are outside he'd do it much more frequently when just standing around vs. when we'd be walking from point a to point b. I hated it. lol. i just don't GET it.

i've already commented on this thread about my opinions on clothing..to each their own. I have looked back on pictures from previous trips and said to myself "why did i wear that during the day, it just looks like i was uncomfortable" and now i opt for the leggings and Disney themed t. 🤷‍♀️

I'm honestly a little bit boggled that leggings/yoga pants are still something people have an issue with at a place like Disney. Maybe I'm just super out of shape, but walking for miles and miles from sunup to sundown is most definitely a form of exercise to me, so why in the world would I not want to dress comfortably for it? Somehow people don't seem to grasp that some of us find jeans BEYOND uncomfortable, so what else are my options for those cold winter months when shorts are a no-go? Frumpy/ugly sweats? Trousers? No thanks.

I know the whole "leggings aren't pants" debate is probably never going to die, but I'm honestly surprised to find it discussed on a message board where pretty much everyone knows that physical comfort is key when planning a full day at the parks. I guess some people still don't realize that not everyone finds the same things as comfortable as they do.

I'm honestly a little bit boggled that leggings/yoga pants are still something people have an issue with at a place like Disney. Maybe I'm just super out of shape, but walking for miles and miles from sunup to sundown is most definitely a form of exercise to me, so why in the world would I not want to dress comfortably for it? Somehow people don't seem to grasp that some of us find jeans BEYOND uncomfortable, so what else are my options for those cold winter months when shorts are a no-go? Frumpy/ugly sweats? Trousers? No thanks.

I know the whole "leggings aren't pants" debate is probably never going to die, but I'm honestly surprised to find it discussed on a message board where pretty much everyone knows that physical comfort is key when planning a full day at the parks. I guess some people still don't realize that not everyone finds the same things as comfortable as they do.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
If I can get through a day at Disney with minimal chafing and maintaining some dignity I'm happy!!!

Ok OP while you do make some very good points, I do not dress to impress anyone at WDW. I dress for comfort. It’s a lot of walking in the heat and humidity so shorts and t shirts it is. ( personally, I do not wear yoga pants) My DH though doesn’t own a shirt that doesn’t have a fishing/hunting reference to it, and yes some of them have camo on them. Personally as long as the shirts don’t have offensive sayings on them, who cares?? I do agree with the young girls in the bootie showing shorts. There is no way any daughter of mine would wear them. I did see women at DL in high heels and also a couple big burley mountain men in kilts (holding hands walking across Pixar Pier) I’m sure they were dressed to impress but OMG. We still tell that story, they just looked so out of place

The only thing I notice at WDW are the precious tots in princess dresses and the women in heels!!! That’s jaw dropping for me! I can barely handle chunky heels for a dressy event. I’m hobbling in my go walks and these women are going commando through the parks in three inch heels! Blows my mind!

OK, you UK Disboarders. Stop chortling about the posts that talk about “fannies” hanging out of people’s shorts. :)

My mum is American, but we moved over here when I was a wee'un. I remember VIVIDLY when I was about 6 or 7 walking down the street a short ways behind a rather portly woman and my mum saying, slightly too loudly, "My god, look at the fanny on her!!"

I still feel the shame to this day. My non-existent desecendants will feel the shame.

Hahaha!!! Awesome replies!!!! Thank you all!!! I said my peace!!!
I admit I sound ridiculous but it needs to be said! Ive seen things... that i can’t erase from memory!!!!

When we were at AK a few months back there was a girl, maybe 16 or younger, doing the high waisted cutoff shorts thing. The shorts were so short there was *literally* about an inch and a half of booty cheek hanging out the bottom and the thin piece of crotch material left looked like it was hanging on for dear life to the her nethers. And not that it would have improved the situation much but she was..... Portly.... If you catch my drift. What made it so perplexing was that she was with her parents. I would have never ever been allowed out like that. And neither would my girls!

We had to stare at it for a fair amount of time as we were walking the secret walkway from Lion King to Pandora. People were taking pictures and nobody was really hiding it. A bunch of strangers giggling together in the awkwardness.

I haven’t read through all of this but I have to say - if you see something that is truly dangerous or highly disruptive you should say something to a CM.

That being said, judging others over superficial things which are completely out of your control only causes tension and distress. Personally, a brief glimpse of butt cheek or whiff of b.o. isn’t worthy of my attention. With tens of thousands of people from all walks of life and all over the world packed into theme parks in a subtropical environment you’re going to see a lot of stuff. I won’t allow minor things to pull me out of my happy place.

Minding my own business improves the Disney experience every time.

I debated making this comment for a few minutes... but decided (probably stupidly) to do it anyway.

What is the point of shorts that are so short ones butt hangs out the bottom? I'm not asking that sarcastically either. What is the ACTUAL point? The answer is pretty simple. Right or wrong it's to get attention and get looked at. Call me crazy but if you didn't want people staring at your butt or think it's creepy/pervy when someone does - then you wouldn't be wearing shorts with your booty hanging out? Right? :idea:

Now I'm not saying people CAN'T walk around like that. If your self esteem is so low the only way you think you're going to get attention is by having your butt hang out of your shorts - honey GO FOR IT! Do I personally think it's appropriate, oh hell no, totally agree with the OP. It's tacky and trashy. But if you wanna look a hot mess? That's your prerogative.

In equal measure it's other peoples right to have thoughts on how others dress. Because that's what the wearer of the booty shorts wanted isn't it? Attention. And oh how she got it. If only that 14 year old girl knew 'adults' all over were talking about her booty shorts. Imagine how happy she'd be.
Best reply ever! My exact thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter