Take Magical Express to CR instead of CBR?

ScarletFire

DIS Veteran
We are staying at CBR. Wondering if we can take ME to CR and walk to MK.

NYE holiday at the request of my adult children. Yay! Two rooms reserved at CBR, four nights, 5-day tickets. We have an early flight arriving MCO 8:47am. Too much time wasted traveling to CBR then MK! We can be ready for the park before boarding the plane. Our luggage still goes to CBR. Right?

Nope - DME buses will only take you to your resort your booked to stay at.

We are staying at CBR. Wondering if we can take ME to CR and walk to MK.

NYE holiday at the request of my adult children. Yay! Two rooms reserved at CBR, four nights, 5-day tickets. We have an early flight arriving MCO 8:47am. Too much time wasted traveling to CBR then MK! We can be ready for the park before boarding the plane. Our luggage still goes to CBR. Right?
You can only go to the resort where you are staying. They will have record of where you have your reservation.
Denise

like others have said, once you scan your band for ME, you are taken to your designated resort from your reservation. What day are you arriving? If you're getting there actually ON New Year's Eve, and you want to get to MK before it begins capacity closures (which as an onsite guest you'll be ok for awhile, but the closures began around 11am for the past two years), Uber or Taxi might be your best bet - it will take you directly to your resort to stow any luggage with bell services, and then you can go straight to MK.

I have two trip reports in my signature from the past two NYE, if you've never experienced that time of year before.

Have fun planning and enjoy your trip!

You can always Uber or taxi to CR and walk to MK. Your luggage will go to the resort as long as you put the yellow tags on the bags.

You can always Uber or taxi to CR and walk to MK. Your luggage will go to the resort as long as you put the yellow tags on the bags.
I was told that CR was no longer allowing Ubers/Taxis in unless you were a registered guest or had an ADR at one of their restaurants (ostensibly because so many people were doing this to avoid having to be dropped off at the TTC). Are they still doing this or was that an unfounded rumor?

Well, if you only had “personal item” sized items, and didn’t have to stash anything under the bus, AND you ended up on a bus that was going to both CR and CBR, then technically you *could* get off the bus at CR.

But that second part, you won’t know until you’re on the bus.

Well, if you only had “personal item” sized items, and didn’t have to stash anything under the bus, AND you ended up on a bus that was going to both CR and CBR, then technically you *could* get off the bus at CR.

But that second part, you won’t know until you’re on the bus.

All our years of going to CR, we never once shared a stop with CBR.

You know, I don't think it would hurt to ask when you get there. I was listening to a Disney podcast a few weeks ago where one of the hosts had asked to be dropped at a different resort than the one he was staying at and they allowed it. There's no harm in asking if it's possible.

You know, I don't think it would hurt to ask when you get there. I was listening to a Disney podcast a few weeks ago where one of the hosts had asked to be dropped at a different resort than the one he was staying at and they allowed it. There's no harm in asking if it's possible.

I can see that working if you want to be dropped off at a resort that's on the same ME bus route as yours. For instance, if your resort is BC, but you want to hop off at BWI. But CBR is in the Epcot Resort Area, and CR is in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area. The odds of your being on a ME bus that covered both areas are slim to none, and the odds that a driver would be willing to go several miles out of their way to take you to a resort that's not on their route are even slimmer.

I can see that working if you want to be dropped off at a resort that's on the same ME bus route as yours. For instance, if your resort is BC, but you want to hop off at BWI. But CBR is in the Epcot Resort Area, and CR is in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area. The odds of your being on a ME bus that covered both areas are slim to none, and the odds that a driver would be willing to go several miles out of their way to take you to a resort that's not on their route are even slimmer.
Well, I think it's not that the original bus driver takes you there, but you get put on the bus that is going to CR anyway. I have no idea if they'd do that -- my guess is no -- but when you check in to ME I just think it doesn't hurt anything to ask if you can be put on a different bus.

Ah, OK -- so I talked to a Disney-loving friend of mine and this is what I found out. He and his family have an ADR at Park Fare on their departure day and are staying at Pop. He called ME and asked if they would be able to pick him and his party up from GF instead of Pop and the ME agent told him that if they can verify his ADR 24 hours before then they're happy to accommodate that. So, I don't know, I think it may be worth a shot to see if they can. Perhaps you should see if you can book breakfast at one of the CR restaurants for your party, that might up your chances. But try to arrange it before you go, I guess.

Well, I think it's not that the original bus driver takes you there, but you get put on the bus that is going to CR anyway. I have no idea if they'd do that -- my guess is no -- but when you check in to ME I just think it doesn't hurt anything to ask if you can be put on a different bus.

It never hurts to ask, however I woudl not makes plans based on a slim maybe. NYE is a big deal in regards to getting into the MK, so having a plan that only works if the stars align can begin a Disney trip filled with stress.

DH & I traveling to WDW in 4 weeks and using ME. I’ll ask! I scheduled this holiday before the the kids asked for a NYE WDW trip; we usually ski in Utah.

I’m not understanding why it would be an issue to travel on the CR bus rather than the CBR bus. Maybe security? Not enough room??

We arrive on December 30 so it’s not an issue of getting to MK on NYE. I just wanted to go straight to the park before check-in.

DH & I traveling to WDW in 4 weeks and using ME. I’ll ask! I scheduled this holiday before the the kids asked for a NYE WDW trip; we usually ski in Utah.

I’m not understanding why it would be an issue to travel on the CR bus rather than the CBR bus. Maybe security? Not enough room??

We arrive on December 30 so it’s not an issue of getting to MK on NYE. I just wanted to go straight to the park before check-in.
what do you plan to do with carryon bags? there are no lockers before security and everything will be taken out. would you trust anything like a laptop to a locker? just some things to think about your plan

what do you plan to do with carryon bags? there are no lockers before security and everything will be taken out. would you trust anything like a laptop to a locker? just some things to think about your plan
We travel light. No carry-on, just checked. Flying Frontier so a carry-on cost same as a checked bag. We can bring an under the seat back pack with our park supplies. It’s just a 2 hour non-stop flight, no iPads or laptops needed. I envision us boarding the plane ready to go to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!