Take Out Pizza at Trails End or Crockett’s Tavern

DVCDAVE

was just wondering with Trails End closed for dinning, if it’s possible to get a take out pizza there or at Crockett’s Tavern. maybe have a pizza and a beer at one of the picnic tables

Dave, it's P&J's Southern Takeout that has the take-out food section of Trails End. You can look up P&J's menu in the Disney dining menu website.

Three sets of doors on the front of Pioneer Hall: left side with porch is Hoop Dee Doo, middle set is P&J's, right side by podium is Trails End entrance. Crockett's is in a corner of TE.

They offer two pizzas at P&J's to take out: pepperoni and cheese. The Crockett's pizza comes out of the same kitchen as P&J's. You can get the beer at Crockett's of course.

Trails End (the buffet) is closed but a few tables/chairs were left behind (socially distanced) so P&J's can be considered as Counter Service because they let you eat at the tables (if one is available of course). Or you can take it outside. I believe there are some interior tables also down by the Crockett's bar as well.

The pizza there has more detractors than supporters. I've watched them take the frozen pizza disc out and put it in the oven. It's not handmade or anything. So be forewarned it's not Domino's or Papa Johns. More like DiJourno's or Red Barron. But if you're hungry enough, it's fine I suppose.

Bama Ed

PS - P&J's is named for two long serving Trails End Cast Members who have retired, Paulette and Josephine.

Last edited:
Wow! You answered all my questions. Thank you for the complete and thorough response. Lots of good details. Thank you!

Dave, the joke about the Take Out pizza goes like this:

- order the pizza
- get the cooked pizza in a box and take it outside.
- lift the pizza out of the box
- throw away the pizza and eat the box
- (it tastes better)

:rotfl2:

Ed

(thank you, thank you, I have a show here Wednesday and Thursday nights and two shows on Friday and Saturday nights. You've been a wonderful audience).

Yes, box is better was my experience though it was 3-4 years ago. I picked up PB&J last night (chicken that is) and I saw at least 4-5 pizzas picked up during my wait so its still popular.

The box is anyway.

DVCDAVE,

I am at the Fort at this time in October 2020 and there is a sign down in front of the red doors for P&J's Southern Takeout:

20201013_141536.jpg

They direct you over to the green Trails End doors to enter but that because due to covid they have to designate separate Entrance and Exit doorways so the TE doors are the entrance and the P&J's are the exit.

Hope I didn't confuse anybody (beside myself :crazy: )

Bama Ed

Get some pizza while your there Bama Ed. :D

Ahhhhhhhhh.......

No. :sad2:

Sorry Gino - I have a variety of leftovers/odds and ends I need to eat in the next two days rather than carry home.

Ed

PS - However, I hope my opinion on the matter is clear :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!