Take the DIS WISH challenge here

As of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 70 lbs. 40 lbs to go until goal. Cruise is March 8. Even if I don't make goal by then, I will be much smaller than my last cruise which was at my heaviest. :woohoo:

Congrats! That is amazing! You won't believe how much easier travel is when you are smaller.

As of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 70 lbs.
40 lbs to go until goal.

Cruise is March 8. Even if I don't make goal by then, I will be much smaller than my last cruise which was at my heaviest.

:woohoo:

Congratulations!!! :cheer2:

Hi all,

Well, I went to WDW last year and although I found it all very accomodating for my pooh-sizedness, I would like to be smaller when we go again in December. I am bigger than when we travelled last year due to an op and some heath issues, but I'm feeling good and ready to start!

I'm not sure what I would like to lose before my trip, maybe 70lbs which should be do-able due to my start weight. Sorry for being so vague! I have some mobility issues so exercising can be a problem, but I am walking a mile or so a day before work. Just have to work on my diet now!

Good luck to everyone, and I'll post when I have an update or two!

x

Hi all, Well, I went to WDW last year and although I found it all very accomodating for my pooh-sizedness, I would like to be smaller when we go again in December. I am bigger than when we travelled last year due to an op and some heath issues, but I'm feeling good and ready to start! I'm not sure what I would like to lose before my trip, maybe 70lbs which should be do-able due to my start weight. Sorry for being so vague! I have some mobility issues so exercising can be a problem, but I am walking a mile or so a day before work. Just have to work on my diet now! Good luck to everyone, and I'll post when I have an update or two! x

My suggestion is to just get started, do your best, and see how far you get by then. Don't even put a number on it. I did that when I first started, with the goal to see how far I could get by my Christmas vacation. It totally took the pressure off! I ended up losing nearly 100 pounds by that trip, but it was a pleasant surprise! Make changes you can keep up for life. Good luck and congratulations on this first big step!

I am trying to get healthier and slim down a bit so I can have a healthier pregnancy (not pregnant yet, but trying!).

My goal is to be down 15 lb by our September Disney trip, and then down 30 (total) for my November Disney trip. I'm planning on being more active on non-training days, and eating better when I'm busy. I'm usually pretty good when I'm thinking about it, but when school picks up and I see the Chick-fil-A in the dining hall, that's where I gravitate.

I am trying to get healthier and slim down a bit so I can have a healthier pregnancy (not pregnant yet, but trying!). My goal is to be down 15 lb by our September Disney trip, and then down 30 (total) for my November Disney trip. I'm planning on being more active on non-training days, and eating better when I'm busy. I'm usually pretty good when I'm thinking about it, but when school picks up and I see the Chick-fil-A in the dining hall, that's where I gravitate.

Good for you! Congrats on your new healthy start!

Good for you! Congrats on your new healthy start!

Thanks! I feel like it's an uphill battle because the weight just doesn't come off like it did when I was 20! Who would have thought 14 years of desk jobs would sloooooooow down a metabolism so much?

Thanks! I feel like it's an uphill battle because the weight just doesn't come off like it did when I was 20! Who would have thought 14 years of desk jobs would sloooooooow down a metabolism so much?

It will come off! Just don't put pressure on yourself for how long it takes!

Pretty excited-- slight modification of diet alone (being more deliberate about eating more fruits/veggies, portion control junk food, one diet coke a day) and I'm down 5.2 lbs.

Motivated to keep this train a'runnin!

Pretty excited-- slight modification of diet alone (being more deliberate about eating more fruits/veggies, portion control junk food, one diet coke a day) and I'm down 5.2 lbs.

Motivated to keep this train a'runnin!

Congrats! That is what is so great about the human body. At the beginning when you need the motivation the most, the slightest change will get you results! That gives you the push to keep going!

I'm excited to join the challenge too, so much good inspiration here! I only have the last ten pounds to lose (now eight!) but it's by far the hardest! Hoping to have it all off by our September trip

I love that there's a group of Disney fans committed to getting healthy!

I've been trying to lose 25 pounds for over 10 years (since I was in high school). Over the years, I've gained at lost, and at my lowest point I was about 7 pounds away from my goal. As of about a year ago, I was about 30 pounds above goal.
I've started to move in the right direction, and with some lifestyle changes, I'm now down over 10 pounds from my highest weight, and 18 pounds above my goal.

To try and lose those 18 pounds, I'm learning to eat healthier (I grew up on junk food and whatever was convenient for my working mother to make, so it's been an adjustment), exercising more, and trying to be more conscious of what I eat and what I do. I'm also trying to become a runner, and a few weeks ago I registered for my race - the Princess Weekend 5K in February. I'm doing okay, but it's easy for me to fall into bad habits, and sometimes I need that extra push.

I'm joining this challenge to help give me that extra push. I'm hoping to be down another 10 pounds before my November 2014 trip, and I hope to reach my goal by the end of 2015.

Is it too late to join?
I would love to lose enough weight and get fit so I can atleast do the princess 10k

Faith, Trust, and..PIXIE DUST.

I've decided to jump on board and join the challenge because I don't want to be a "fat girl" in my photos when I walk at graduation for my MBA in Spring 2016. My goal is to get back down to a size 6 - so about 50 pounds - and I think I can do it.

Seems like there's a lot of great resources here and support. Not sure what I'm suppose to do, but I guess signing up is the first step? :)

I'd like to join the challenge! My ultimate weight loss goal is about 100lbs. I read "The Fast metabolism Diet" by Hayley Pomeroy in June and have been following that program since. I lost 23lbs and my short term goal is 30 by our WDW trip in November. I've fallen off track the last few weeks, but I have buckled back down and look forward to continuing the journey to health :)

I'm in! I just got back from my first trip in 5 years, and my energy and pain levels were horrible. I couldn't fit on anything at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It really made me confront my problem, and also made me realize that I truly want to feel better and be able to do so much more for my 35th birthday trip next year.

So starting tomorrow, the junk food is out and good food is in. Portion control will become something in my life. And I'm going to force myself to start with 20 minutes of walking, 3 times a week, and work up from there.

Current Weight; 360 lbs
First Goal: 250 lbs
Goal Date: Dec. 1, 2015

Overall Goal: 180 lbs
Overall Goal Date: Undetermined

Nervous, since I ALWAYS fail anytime I try. Praying this time it sticks!

Taking the challenge! I'm going to start by:

replacing nighttime salty snacks with crunchy veggies
eating 5 servings of fruit/veg per day
minimum 4 8oz glasses of water per day
yoga 1-2 times per week (already doing this, so just keeping on track)
treadmill 2-3 times per week for at least 20 min/1 mile/100 calories (or walk in neighborhood)

Wanting to start with something realistic and work from there. Excited to be on this journey with fellow Disney lovers!!!

Hello!

Just a littel update on my progress. I took me a few weeks to get into the swing of things, but I started on 26th August. Since then I have lost 75lbs!!

My original target was 70lbs, but I have chosed to do a VLCD which means quick weight loss. I am aiming for 100lbs before our trip (not long to go!).

As well as the diet, I am walking loads; between 3 and 5 miles a day broken up into 4 smaller walks. I am also doing toning exercises when I remember! I am suffering from Plantar Fasciitus at the moment which is causing me some terrible pain. I hope to have it under control before December.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

x

I'm in! I just got back from my first trip in 5 years, and my energy and pain levels were horrible. I couldn't fit on anything at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It really made me confront my problem, and also made me realize that I truly want to feel better and be able to do so much more for my 35th birthday trip next year.

So starting tomorrow, the junk food is out and good food is in. Portion control will become something in my life. And I'm going to force myself to start with 20 minutes of walking, 3 times a week, and work up from there.

Current Weight; 360 lbs
First Goal: 250 lbs
Goal Date: Dec. 1, 2015

Overall Goal: 180 lbs
Overall Goal Date: Undetermined

Nervous, since I ALWAYS fail anytime I try. Praying this time it sticks!

I think every one of us has a moment we wake up and need to take control of our health. Mine was on a recent plane trip where we were on a tiny, older plane and the seat belt BARELY clicked.

I must say one of the most important things I find for sustainable weight loss is reasonable goals, a solid plan, and lots of support. And like you mentioned getting the junk out of your space.

I've joined Weight Watchers (again) and am going to the weekly meetings and tracking on my phone. The expected weight loss is between 1-2 pounds a week or 52-100 pounds a year. When you have more weight to loose you need to eat more than if you have less to loose. Your healthy eating plan needs to work with LIFE. If we are reading this next November 6 and we are both down 52 more pounds I think we'd be delighted.

I think your goal is a stretch but attainable. You may want to break it down a bit more. One of my best friends and I are following WW together. We set a goal for this Christmas. At Christmas we'll reassess and set a goal for St. Patrick's Day. Looking at the 'big picture' to me can be more defeating than motivating.

At WW we celebrate when we've lost 5 lbs (each interval), 5% of our body weight, 10%, and then 25, 50, 75, 100 (and increments of 25 lbs) lbs. It's fun to have like-minded people celebrating your successes with you.

WAY TO GO for getting on the path to good health!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!