Taking a DSLR to DisneySea?

confectioneer

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide if I should take my Canon DSLR (7D with 24-105 lens) when I visit DisneySea next month.

The hesitation isn't over lack of things to take pictures of!

But I don't know how difficult it is on the rides with a camera around your neck...or even if they'd stop you from boarding some.

Has anyone had good luck going on the rides with a camera?

Thanks.

I'm trying to decide if I should take my Canon DSLR (7D with 24-105 lens) when I visit DisneySea next month.

The hesitation isn't over lack of things to take pictures of!

But I don't know how difficult it is on the rides with a camera around your neck...or even if they'd stop you from boarding some.

Has anyone had good luck going on the rides with a camera?

Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems with your DSLR at DisneySea. If you feel uncomfortable wearing it you could always put it away in a bag/backpack when you are not using it. It should be perfectly fine to wear on rides if you choose to do so. The cast may sometimes tell you that no video or photography is allowed on certain rides for your safety (or your camera's safety ;) ), for example on ToT or Aquatopia, but even in that case I believe you can still wear it.

I've never had a problem taking a DSLR into the parks. The only ride I couldn't take it on was Raging Spirit They provide lockers near the ride, though, so it wasn't a problem.

We took ours but also brought along a canon powershot because we knew after a few days carrying the DSLR around it would be good to have the option of carrying a lighter camera. We were in Japan for 3 weeks (we spent 1 week of that at TDL) so I admit that I did use the powershot more than I thought I would.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter