Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World! Dec. 29, 2017-Jan. 6, 2018! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
Taking A First Timer to Walt Disney World!

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my next trip report! You will be embarking on a very interesting trip for me. One reason is this will be my 6th trip to Walt Disney World this year. The main reason for this trip is to enjoy a great week with a really good friend of mine. It will be his first time traveling to Walt Disney World, and I have never taken a first timer to Walt Disney World before. So, I’m interested to see if my friend will enjoy the parks as much as I do.

Here is a picture of me on my most recent trip to Disneyland in December, 2017.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME…

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate? So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

MY DISNEY TRIPS IN 2017:

• 5 trips to Walt Disney World (this will be my 6th and goes into 2018)
  • An 11-Night Southern Caribbean Disney Cruise on the Disney Fantasy
  • Four trips to Disneyland
  • First time at the D23 Expo
  • First trip to Aulani

You can say I have had a crazy year of Disney travels!

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

Here is my friend, Caleb, and I at the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Chargers game on December 16, 2017.

MORE ABOUT MY FRIEND:

My friends name is Caleb, and It will be his first time to a Disney Theme Park! He enjoys Disney movies, but can’t necessarily pick out a favorite. He is an avid Kansas City Royals and Kansas City Chiefs fan. He is excited about this trip, and he is ready to experience Walt Disney World for the first time.

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

Like I mentioned above, this will be my 6th trip to Walt Disney World this year, but my first trip taking a first timer. I am excited to go to one of my favorite places with one of my friends. It will definitely be a lot of fun, but planning has definitely been interesting since taking someone for the first time can be a little stressful. I feel like I have come up with a good plan, but we are also going during one of the busiest times of the year.

We will be staying 6 nights at All-Star Music and 2 nights at Caribbean Beach. This will be my third time staying at All-Star Music within the past year. I was very fortunate to get a trip booked for this week since I booked the trip about a month and a half ago. A lot of the resorts were not available which made planning this trip really challenging.

We can't wait to ring in 2018 at Walt Disney World! :)

I hope you enjoy this adventure that we will be embarking on shortly. I’m really excited to see one of my favorite places through the eyes of someone who has never been.

I hope that you enjoy…Taking A First Timer to Walt Disney World!

Last edited:
Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Live Updates (Pages 1-5)
Day 1: Travel Day!
4. Day 1: A Busy Day At Walt Disney World!
5. VIDEOS: EPCOT Candlelight Processional Songs!
6. Day 2: Day Before New Years Eve - Part 1!
7. Day 2: Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade!
8. VIDEO - Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade - Toy Soldiers!
9. Day 2: Day Before New Years Eve - Part 2!
10. Day 2: Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks Spectacular!
11. Day 2: Monorail Resort Hopping!
12. Day 2: Day Before New Years Eve! - Part 3!
13. Day 2: Fantasy In The Sky New Years Countdown!
14. Day 3: New Years Eve!!!
15. Day 3: The Countdown to 2018 (Illuminations)!!!
16. VIDEOS: New Years Countdown Fireworks!!!
17. Day 4: Going To Hollywood On New Years Day - Part 1!
18. Day 4: Going To Hollywood On New Years Day - Part 2!
19. Day 4: Going To Hollywood On New Years Day - Part 3!
20. Day 4: A Cold Evening At Walt Disney World!
21. VIDEOS: Happily Ever After!
22. Day 5: Be Our Guest!
23. Day 5: Lets Go See Some Animals - Part 1!
24. Day 5: Lets Go See Some Animals - Part 2!
25. VIDEO: New Tiger Cubs At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
26. VIDEO: Rivers Of Light Finale!
27. Day 6: Wild Africa Trek - Part 1!
28. Day 6: Wild Africa Trek - Part 2!
29. Day 6: Wild Africa Trek - Part 3!
30. Day 6: Disney's Hollywood Studios!
31. Day 7: EPCOT!
32. Day 7: Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf!
33. Day 7: Mini Golf (cont.) and Fantasmic Again!
34. VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!
35. VIDEO: Fantasmic Finale!
36. Day 8: A Morning At Animal Kingdom!
37. Day 8: Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience!
38. Day 8: Christmas Tree Trail!
39. Day 8: A Final Evening At Walt Disney World!
40. VIDEO: Festival Of The Lion King Finale!
41. VIDEO: Happily Ever After Finale With Tinker Bell!
42. Day 9: Final Day At Walt Disney World!
43. Day 9: Traveling Home!
44. All-Star Music Overview!
45. Caribbean Beach Overview!
46. Conclusion! *NEW*

Last edited:

Caleb couldn't have a better tour guide than you! To be a first-timer and be accompanied by a park pro would be awesome. Looking forward to the updates. :earsboy:

Sorry everyone! Today was a long and crazy day so I'll do a quick rundown of my day for all of you...

- My friend and I had 2 flights today. We flew into St. Louis before heading to Orlando this morning.

- For the first time ever, our resort room became available while on Disney's Magical Express.

- Our first park of the day was Animal Kingdom. I have never seen this park as crowded as it was today. We would get on 2 rides and see 1 show.

- Went to EPCOT to just see the Candlelight Processional.

- Our final park of the day was Disney's Hollywood Studios where we would see Fantasmic, Disney Movie Magic, and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular!

We are excited to spend tomorrow at the Magic Kingdom and experience our first night of New Years Eve Fireworks!

That's a looonnnggg first day, but even with the travel you did quite a lot considering the crowd level. Any thoughts from Caleb yet?

Good morning from the Magic Kingdom! My friend and I arrived at 7:15 a.m. for EMH this morning. We went on Peter Pan and Buzz during EMH before making our way to the Castle for the welcome show. We have met Mickey, been on the Jungle Cruise, and gone on Splash Mountain so far.

My friend and I were really not expecting it to be as cold as it feels so far while being in Florida.

We are ready for the New Years Eve Fireworks at Magic Kingdom tonight!!!

Do you ever sleep Zach? Bring your hats and gloves tonight. Gonna be cold.
Terry! It’s great to hear from you! :) It feels like the DIS 20th event was just yesterday!

Don’t worry. My beanie and gloves are packed. I’m happy I had some since it was 15 degrees in my hometown when my friend and I left yesterday.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!