Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World! Dec. 29, 2017-Jan. 6, 2018! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*

Good afternoon from the Magic Kingdom!

My friend and I were not able to make it to Big Thunder Railroad this morning to use our fastpass. We would have cut it really close to our Be Our Guest (+15 minutes late) reservation.

So, we had a nice lunch at Be Our Guest.

We are now on our way to Animal Kingdom!

I decided to cancel our other 2 fastpasses at Magic Kingdom and decided to book 3 fastpasses at Animal Kingdom. After refreshing the fastpass page on the app a hundred times (it felt like that), I magically scored a Flight of Passage fastpass for this evening!!!

So, how is your 1st timer friend holding up with all the Disney freaks? Has he converted yet? :earboy2:

You are lucky to be spending 8 nights there. We only get to do long weekends.

Looking forward to reading more, especially how your friend liked Ohana.
I don’t know. He’s having fun, but doesn’t like all of the walking and crowds.

He really liked Ohana.

Good afternoon from the Magic Kingdom!

My friend and I were not able to make it to Big Thunder Railroad this morning to use our fastpass. We would have cut it really close to our Be Our Guest (+15 minutes late) reservation.

So, we had a nice lunch at Be Our Guest.

We are now on our way to Animal Kingdom!

I decided to cancel our other 2 fastpasses at Magic Kingdom and decided to book 3 fastpasses at Animal Kingdom. After refreshing the fastpass page on the app a hundred times (it felt like that), I magically scored a Flight of Passage fastpass for this evening!!!
How do you refresh? Why can't I figure this out?

When modifying a fastpass, just click the back arrow. It will take you to your names list and then go back to searching for a fastpass. It is easier to do it this way.

If you are trying to get a 3rd fastpass, just keep going back and forth as fast as you can. I can’t remember how I was able to do it so quickly.

If you are patient with it, you can usually get an attraction that you want, but you might not be able to. Persistence definitely paid off for me today.

When modifying a fastpass, just click the back arrow. It will take you to your names list and then go back to searching for a fastpass. It is easier to do it this way.

If you are trying to get a 3rd fastpass, just keep going back and forth as fast as you can. I can’t remember how I was able to do it so quickly.

If you are patient with it, you can usually get an attraction that you want, but you might not be able to. Persistence definitely paid off for me today.
You can also click a different time at the bar at the top. So, it will automatically have morning, afternoon or evening selected. I click the first time to the side and then it refreshes. Then I go back to click the time of day. For Tiered parks its easier to get Tier 1 because they will pop up at the top. Other parks you have to scroll down to see the ride alphabetically.

Once the particular ride pops up, grab whatever is available even if the time isn't convenient for you. Then go back to select the FP in your FP plans. Click modify, new times will likely pop up, and it will be at the top of the screen. Repeat the time switch off until you get something better!

I will say that I will wait 15 minutes for Flight of Passage any day over the 240 minute current stand-by wait time!

My friend could vouch how excited I was getting the same day fastpass! :D

We are now waiting for the 2nd showing of Rivers of Light which will end our day.

Last edited:

Thank you!

You can also click a different time at the bar at the top. So, it will automatically have morning, afternoon or evening selected. I click the first time to the side and then it refreshes. Then I go back to click the time of day. For Tiered parks its easier to get Tier 1 because they will pop up at the top. Other parks you have to scroll down to see the ride alphabetically.

Once the particular ride pops up, grab whatever is available even if the time isn't convenient for you. Then go back to select the FP in your FP plans. Click modify, new times will likely pop up, and it will be at the top of the screen. Repeat the time switch off until you get something better!
Thank you!

Good morning from a raining and cold Walt Disney World! :)

My friend and I are making our way to Animal Kingdom where we get to experience the Wild Africa Trek in the rain! Yippee!!! :D

After one of my favorite tours on Walt Disney World property, we will be making our way to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

<- Enjoying your trip report.. albeit a bit jealous! :guilty:
We have been to WDW the last 2 New Years but not this one...

That was by far the coldest Wild Africa Trek I have ever done. With the rain, wind, and cold temperatures, 9 people had canceled which made my friend and I the only people on our tour. It was great to have a private experience on the safari. Every Animal was not out due to the cold temperatures, but it was still a great experience.

Now, I have never been so happy to be on a warm Disney bus. We are on our way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios where a lot of things are inside! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter