Taking beverages onboard

MDNJSMITH

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken beverages onboard (i.e. canned soda, beer, juice, etc.)

We were on the 9/21/01 sailing and noticed that some people were taking cases of soda and beer onboard at port canaveral and in St. Marteen.

we saw people doing this alot. I refused to purchase the wine aboard because I am totally in love with the $3.99 bottle of Blackberry wine. I bubble wrapped 2 bottles in my suitcase. FYI, the fridge was not very cold. Livingstone filled my ice bucket (w/wine in it) every day though. Before dinner MIL and I would fill up our water glass with wine and life was good. When we finished the one bottle the other was mildly chilled from the fridge.

Kim ºOº

MDNJSMITH--

Welcome to the DIS boards! Yes, people do bring drinks on board. We sailed in January and brought a rolling soft sided cooler with canned drinks, beer, and juice boxes. Our cabin steward filled it with ice for us a couple of times during the week. The fridge takes a day or two to really get your drinks cold. No one seemed to mind us taking our drinks on deck.

We took soft drinks and our own wine aboard. We just carried it on with us in the sack from the grocery store. No one seemed to mind a bit. If we had lunch up on the pool deck, we would bring up our soft drinks from the room and use the cups & ice on the deck by the pool. We certainly had a lof of jealous stares and people asking us where we got our bottles of soda. I would have never thought of taking our own drinks on board, but I read about it here!

I would not bother taking stuff except I need to drink caffiene free and I get tired of 7 up type drinks, so I take my own diet caffiene free sodas.

My husband is a diver so I have all this stuff packed in a big suitcase and I use the extra space in there to bubble wrap soda and water for myself.

It is a necessity - just because I can not do caffiene.

The water on the ship at the beverage station is really good tasting water - so I think I will leave the water home the next time - but I will have my diet, caffiene free coke.

Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!