Taking DD and a GF to Halloween Horror and WDW. Are you scary Nuts? UPDATE 12/08

Wohoo! :cool1: A surprise cj9200 trip report!! :scared1:can't believe you went to the place we will not mention on these sacred boards! popcorn:: Can't wait to read more!!

just wanted to say I'm following along - followed you from the DVC boards :)

loved your other trip reports!

Friday, October 14 Part 2 Halloween Horror Night. AKA “I think I peed my pants a little.”

HHN was a new experience for me. DD went a couple of times before but 7 had not. Did not know what to expect but I knew I would not be bothered if I followed two teenage girls. My thought process was the scarers thought process would be, “Do I jump out at this guy or do I scare the pants off of the two girls in front of him.” If you want to be scared don’t bring two teenage girls with you. If you want to laugh your butt off bring them.

The trip over was uneventful. I-4 was moving at a good pace. We left a little later than I hoped but I am used to a teenaged girl (let alone two) taking their time to get ready. Pulled into the parking lot and was told to go to the left where the handicapped parking was. I use the permit when a lot of walking is involved because my feet are still messed up a bit and it sometimes is painful to walk. No big deal and better than a lot of people.

Parked here
IMG_2745.jpg

We of course could go left or right and picked right. Didn’t know we were going the wrong way until we saw the Come back soon sign. Course corrected, we entered the park before seven and it was still daylight. The mayhem started right away.

First screams of many screams are here. Noticed how they are stuck together like Siamese twins? This was the norm throughout the park.
IMG_2746.jpg

Of all the people walking around (including me) who does the chainsaw guy go after? You guessed it. The people on the sidewalk seemed to be enjoying themselves watching the girls chased by a maniac with a chainsaw. I know I was.

Not being chainsawed now. What is up with bending the leg? Who do you think you are, pin up girls? Happened in many of their poses.
IMG_2747.jpg

Our goal was to head to as many houses as possible and then go through the scare zones. I listened to the Dis podcast and had some favorites picked out and the girls gathered intelligence from friends that went this year. I won’t go into the statistics on number of houses/scare zones, theming, etc. but rather what we experienced. I will say that the overall theme is Lady Luck who entices you into blood and mayhem. Comments on that later in the post.

So we head to the left and notice all the barriers set up for a line into the Winter’s Night house with no one standing in them. Thought about getting a fast pass thing for the event that was until I looked at the price. Glad I didn’t.

As we headed to the house, DD noticed that Rip Ride Rocket was running. Universal also had a few rides open. Since we are both going to the Disapalooza Harry Potter event, we didn’t go there. Saving our first time for then. Besides, HHN was the main focus. The wait for Rip was listed at 45 minutes which from what I heard, this was a shorter than normal wait. Left the decision up to the kids and they decided to ride this first.

Let me start by saying I am a coaster Junkie. I love them. Not a big fan of inversions but point me to a coaster and I am on it. DD inherited that gene from me. When I lived in New York and she spent the summers with me we would hit parks in the area. The Cyclone at Coney Island, Six Flags New Jersey, Bush Gardens Williamsburg and Hershey Park were all visited. I am getting to the point that I can only take a ride or two at a time but DD can (and does) ride over and over again.

Having said that, this one was a bear. Very cool ride and any coaster fanatic should ride it. So the three of us try to enter the line. A staff person (don’t remember what they call their employees) stops me and tells me I need to put my bag in the locker. Forgot about that procedure. Bags and other stuff taken care of we walk through the line. Not very impressed with the theming but then again nobody does it like Disney.

We are strapped in and ready to go. The girls of course were together and I was seated next to a nice woman whose kids were just in front of us. She was concerned her daughter would lose her glasses. We leave the staging area and I think I have a few seconds to psyche myself up for the ride. NOT HERE. Moments after you leave, you are off at warp speed. The first drop is intense. I could have sworn we were going at more than a 90 degree angle. Very cool. Many twists, turns, inversions and drops later we were back at the station. All I could say was WOW. That and I had to go back to find where I lost my stomach. I knew it was somewhere on the track. The kids loved it. DD still has R&R coaster ahead of this. Not me. I think this is the number 1 coaster in Florida.

My camera has a video mode which I use primarily underwater. Just started playing with it on land and I have a tendency to stop filming way too soon. It is a great camera but the videos can come out grainy in low light. Another thing I need to work on. Did not take a ton of stills but have a few videos to spread around the report. Here is a one as a group of screaming people fly by on Rip Ride. As you can see, it is getting darker outside.

http://youtu.be/vfFfEVbQJuY

From there we got into the line for Winter’s Night. This is the first time in the history of the event where a cemetery is the focus of a house. You would think that it is the perfect genre for a haunted house but until now, Universal resisted. So far that night, they only encountered one chainsaw guy so I didn’t know how they were really going to react. Well, after this I knew. They entered confidently (maybe false bravado) and were immediately scared out of their wits. Their screams were ear piercing and when spooked, they backed up into me. At first I was right behind them but after my toes kept getting stepped on I stayed a few feet behind them.

Of course their screams let the scarers ahead of them know they were coming. They were ready. I am sure they made the spookers (spookers is the best I could come up with, sorry.) night. I let them go ahead and they acted as a trip wire provoking scares and more screams as I watched behind them laughing all the way. No one bothered me because they were too busy scaring the girls. When we got out, I looked at them and asked if they were faking it and their answer is, “Are you kidding? I think I peed my pants,”

From there we went into one of the scare zones. Here is another short video of them. It is dark and I cut it off early to get a still. Wish I could do it again and kept the film rolling.
http://youtu.be/F3NNtmv9CqQ

That was them backing up 20 feet. Anyway, here is the pic I took when I should have been videoing. I’m behind them and as they were running back, they ran into me me. You may have heard the “OW, Girl” exclamation right when the camera moved.

IMG_2750.jpg

Another guy was threatening them while the guy in the wheelchair blindsided them and chased them back another 20 feet. It took them about 15 minutes to go the block. A few feet forward and 20 feet back. Too funny.

The next Haunted Mansion was Nightingales. The setting was the trenches during WWI. This was my favorite. They did a great job of theming here. You walked through this 10 foot high trench past the fighting and guns going off, a wounded soldier warning you to go back. All the while people are jumping out to scare you. You also enter a hospital where the wounded (some legless) reached out to grab you. The kids did not disappoint. One chainsaw chased them in the room a bit. Quite funny.

From there we did Saws and Screams Machine. In this one machines run on water and the people entering are “fuel” for the water content of their body. Each room is separated by plastic strips hanging from the doorway. By now, they no longer bravely went through them but slightly parted them to see if they could see what was on the other side before first entering. Didn’t work. Theming was pretty lame but maybe because I was watching the girls scream and making sure my feet were not trodden on. I felt Winter’s Night and this were about the same; scary scenes, scary people but with different theming. Not much theming but different. This time a chainsaw near the end of the house chased them out into the open area. More fun for me.

Not much of a wait for the houses
IMG_2760.jpg

One of the two shows was about to start, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure (or something like that). We got there just as it started and were seated at the top near the exit. All I can say is thank god we were near the exit. How do I put this? It was terrible? No, that’s not strong enough. The worst ever? Maybe, there might be other stage shows out there that are worse. I just haven’t seen them. Maybe the Stitch thing they tried to pull off at the MK that lasted a week. But again, I never saw it. I was ready to go after the first couple of minutes but the kids did not. So I suffered. And suffered. And suffered. When we got out I shared my thoughts and they came back that it was pop culture, you just didn’t get it. Well, I am hip (or whatever the equivalent slang is now for hip), I got it. It just wasn’t funny. At all. Came back to them and noted they didn’t laugh either. That stopped any further retorts. This was just plain bad. Not humorous at all.

A Parental Note: This show has a lot of profane language. It is not for kids. I saw one guy get up with his two tween daughters and left. Also a comment in general for HHN. It is not for the younger set. If you don’t want to permanently scar your younger kids for life, don’t take them here. It is at times intense and a little risqué.

Anyway, I think 30 - 40 minutes was the most we waited for any of the houses. Our plan worked out well. After arriving early, we did the houses first starting with the front ones and working our way back. Another favorite (and my last) was Nevermore. The girls were excited because they studied the Raven for school a couple of years ago.

I told you earlier the patch would come into play during the night. Here is where we encountered a dork that saw DD and decided to make pirate jokes every time we passed at the line’s switchback. He was with a bunch of friends and thought he was as funny as Bill and Ted. As bad as they were, he was an amateur by comparison. Remember she has heard every pirate joke in the book. When we passed them the second time and he said something, I gave him the “glare” and asked the Pirate/Princess if she wanted me to shut him up. I told her I would be glad to do it. Her response, “No dad, I got this.” The next time they passed us she leaned over and said something to him that I didn’t hear. All I saw was his friends laughing at him. The next time we passed he tried a half hearted effort to redeem himself and she leaned in again and said something that made his friends laugh even harder. He was quiet the rest of the wait. The girl can handle herself. Makes a dad proud.

Back to Poe. All I can say is that he got angrier and crazier as you went through it. More screams, more stepping on my toes, and possibly more pants peeing. As we exited, DD got a call from a friend and former school mate or hers and 7 that was also in the park that night. They were going on the Simpsons and the girls hustled over there to meet them.

By then I was done for the night so relaxed waiting for them to get off the ride. Ran into another one of the “nurses” that were spread throughout the parks hawking blood red jello shots. I did not partake.
IMG_2759.jpg

After the kids got off the ride they decided to go to The In Between House. This is the one where you put on 3D glasses. At the end there is a barrel ride that gives the illusion it is rolling around. DD said that was very disorienting and fun. More screams were involved and their friend also asked them if they were faking it. By then I knew they were not.

Here is a pic of all of them
IMG_2764.jpg

They got there late and that was only their second house visited. It was after 1:00 and the three of us were ready to leave. So we headed out.

This was cool signage
IMG_2765.jpg

On the way out we hit the last scare zone. This was Lady Luck’s alley. Kind of lame but the girls made it fun. Here is a very dark video. Not dark as in film noir but dark as in lighting. You may not see much of them but you can hear them. After the chainsaw guy, they ran through this one.

http://youtu.be/Z-jDIF1Qonc

Said goodbye to their friend and we were out of there. As we exited the park, they were asked to do a survey which they completed together.

You can see they survived
IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

Heading out
IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

They think they are adults but they are still little girls at times
IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

Got to the car with hopes that DD would drive but she whined so I relented. After all, I only drove all the way up there. They were beat though. As soon as I started the car, they were out. Made it to Music without incident except I couldn’t find the building at first. A few bad turns later we were at the room. They barely woke up to make it back to the room and then they were out for the count. I stayed up a bit to relax a little.

Final thoughts: First time for HHN. I was good but it was even better because of the girls. It was a hoot (can I say hoot) following them around. I am not a big get me scared person so without them it would be a waste of money. They LOVED it. They burned a lot of calories getting scared because the adrenaline was pumping. They both said when they left they were sweating. By the time it was over, they were exhausted. As I said, they loved it. So did I.

All in all a good day. Got up here on time and without incident, room check-in was smooth and we enjoyed HHN. Tomorrow was supposed to be a park day but for reasons I will explain in the next installment, it didn’t happen.

Up next: Saturday, October 14 Part 1 GF visits the GF. AKA should my pinky be out?

DD went a couple of times before but 7 had not.
No real comment, other than when I see you call her 7, it makes me think of Seinfeld.

If you want to be scared don’t bring two teenage girls with you. If you want to laugh your butt off bring them.
Laughter is always good. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

We of course could go left or right and picked right. Didn’t know we were going the wrong way until we saw the Come back soon sign.
Theory proven... always go left.

What is up with bending the leg? Who do you think you are, pin up girls? Happened in many of their poses.
Don't try to figure out what a teenage girl is thinking. It will just give you a headache.:headache:

Let me start by saying I am a coaster Junkie. I love them.
::yes:: Me too... can't get enough!

DD still has R&R coaster ahead of this. Not me. I think this is the number 1 coaster in Florida.
Wow. With the Hulk across the park, and the coasters at Sea World and BG, that is some steep praise.
My opinion of Florida coasters is R&R gets the win with theming and all around fun and thrills but I like Sheikra at BG for the most intense ride... especially front row. I really need to get to US and try this one out.

Their screams were ear piercing and when spooked, they backed up into me. At first I was right behind them but after my toes kept getting stepped on I stayed a few feet behind them.
:lmao::rotfl2:

When we got out, I looked at them and asked if they were faking it and their answer is, “Are you kidding? I think I peed my pants,”
:eek: :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

How do I put this? It was terrible? No, that’s not strong enough.
Kind of like the movies?:confused3 :rolleyes1

I told her I would be glad to do it. Her response, “No dad, I got this.” The next time they passed us she leaned over and said something to him that I didn’t hear. All I saw was his friends laughing at him. The next time we passed he tried a half hearted effort to redeem himself and she leaned in again and said something that made his friends laugh even harder. He was quiet the rest of the wait. The girl can handle herself. Makes a dad proud.
:thumbsup2 Nicely done! Makes me feel bad for the pirate comments I've made on here though. :rolleyes1
It would be interesting to know what she said to him.:rotfl2::lmao:

Ran into another one of the “nurses” that were spread throughout the parks hawking blood red jello shots.
Is there a time when they DON'T have someone hawking jello shots at US? :confused3

Final thoughts: First time for HHN. I was good but it was even better because of the girls. It was a hoot (can I say hoot) following them around.
Of course you can say it, it's your TR.:thumbsup2 I'm glad you enjoyed it. Never been there (as I've never been to any park in Florida during the fall) but I've always thought this would be a fun event to attend.

I am not a big get me scared person so without them it would be a waste of money.
I've never really been into that stuff either. I might jump if something jumps out and startles me, but I've never really understood why you'd run from the guy with a chainsaw...:confused3
It most definitely is all about who you're there with. :lmao::rotfl2::thumbsup2

Wohoo! :cool1: A surprise cj9200 trip report!! :scared1:can't believe you went to the place we will not mention on these sacred boards! popcorn:: Can't wait to read more!!

Good to have another DVC friend following along.

just wanted to say I'm following along - followed you from the DVC boards :)

loved your other trip reports!

Thank you. Glad you are following our (mis)adventures.

Laughter is always good. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

That is so true.

Theory proven... always go left.

Glad I could help.

Don't try to figure out what a teenage girl is thinking. It will just give you a headache.:headache:

It does. Many times a day.

::yes:: Me too... can't get enough!

Wow. With the Hulk across the park, and the coasters at Sea World and BG, that is some steep praise.

My opinion of Florida coasters is R&R gets the win with theming and all around fun and thrills but I like Sheikra at BG for the most intense ride... especially front row. I really need to get to US and try this one out.

You got to try this one. Rip is aptly named. Haven’t been to BG in years and haven’t ridden Sheikra but this is better than Hulk. DD still puts R&R number 1. I like this one because of the massive drops.

The crushing my toes move was self defense. I think they were semi-joking about peeing their pants. Never saw DD scream like a little girl like that. Hilariously funny.

Kind of like the movies?:confused3 :rolleyes1

Never saw any Bill and Ted’s and don’t plan on it after seeing this. Rather watch a PBS special on watching grass grow.

:thumbsup2 Nicely done! Makes me feel bad for the pirate comments I've made on here though. :rolleyes1
It would be interesting to know what she said to him.:rotfl2::lmao:

Asked her but she wouldn’t tell. Don’t feel bad about the pirate jokes, she got plenty from me. She embraced the pirate mantra and has had fun with it. This kid was just trying to show off at A’s expense. Thought he was soooo cool. She has a sharp, biting humor when she wants to bring it out. She is also sarcastic at times (don’t know where she gets that from). This kid shouldn’t have started. To paraphrase an old saying, in the battle of wits with my daughter, this kid was unarmed. Seen her and her friends cut down adolescent teen boys before. It isn’t pretty.

Is there a time when they DON'T have someone hawking jello shots at US? :confused3

True. Any way to make a buck. Can you imagine that at EPCOT or DHS let alone the MK doing this.

Of course you can say it, it's your TR.:thumbsup2 I'm glad you enjoyed it. Never been there (as I've never been to any park in Florida during the fall) but I've always thought this would be a fun event to attend.

I've never really been into that stuff either. I might jump if something jumps out and startles me, but I've never really understood why you'd run from the guy with a chainsaw...:confused3
It most definitely is all about who you're there with. :lmao::rotfl2::thumbsup2

It was a lot of fun. Probably won’t go again without DD because it won’t be nearly as fun. I only had one guy jumped out at me but I had just seen him do the same thing to the girls. Didn’t startle me at all.

Loving this TR! You are such a good storyteller. It's almost like being right there with you!

Glad to see that you survived the coaster! I live about an hour from Hersheypark and one of my favoritewooden coasters is the Wildcat. When I cannot get to Hershey, I only have to drive ten minutes over to Knoebel's over in Elysburg-they have the Phoenix and the Twister-the nice thing at Knoebel's is there is no park admission and I can just take one ride and go home if I wish :)

It was a hoot
:rotfl2:

I love your trip reports - and I'm enjoying the videos as well! :thumbsup2

I dont enjoy forgetting to check to see if there is an update, and find the report on page 2! Imagine I'm spoiled - easier to find the reports on dvcmouse, but I'll get over it!! :wizard:

I loved your flying, sailing and dining nuts trip! You should post a link on your last TR so that we can all find you! I rarely troll the boards for TRs so it's dumb luck that I've stumbled upon this TR. I only read the first post, but I want to sub in. I'll be back to read the rest.

I also want to hear in the end how your trip to CA works out. Are you thinking Aulani too? I don't remember what your whole deal was, but I'm thinking with the diving you wanted to do a dual CA/HI trip.

So glad to see another TR. I feel like it's a way to keep in touch with your daughter's senior year. And happy to meet another of her friends. We'll be at the World at the end of this week, and it's a new stage in my DD's life as she bringing Abby for her first trip -- gotta prime the WDW gene!

Loving this TR! You are such a good storyteller. It's almost like being right there with you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I enjoy writing these because it gives a way to relive the trip between visits.

Glad to see that you survived the coaster! I live about an hour from Hersheypark and one of my favoritewooden coasters is the Wildcat. When I cannot get to Hershey, I only have to drive ten minutes over to Knoebel's over in Elysburg-they have the Phoenix and the Twister-the nice thing at Knoebel's is there is no park admission and I can just take one ride and go home if I wish :)

Hershey is a great park. Our favorite was the duel coaster Lightning Racer (I think that is the name). Haven’t been to Knoebel’s. Yet.

:rotfl2:

I love your trip reports - and I'm enjoying the videos as well! :thumbsup2

I dont enjoy forgetting to check to see if there is an update, and find the report on page 2! Imagine I'm spoiled - easier to find the reports on dvcmouse, but I'll get over it!! :wizard:

Things move faster here then on the DVC board. I blink and it is on page 2.

I loved your flying, sailing and dining nuts trip! You should post a link on your last TR so that we can all find you! I rarely troll the boards for TRs so it's dumb luck that I've stumbled upon this TR. I only read the first post, but I want to sub in. I'll be back to read the rest.

I also want to hear in the end how your trip to CA works out. Are you thinking Aulani too? I don't remember what your whole deal was, but I'm thinking with the diving you wanted to do a dual CA/HI trip.

At my sig, there are links to all the TRs posted on the Dis. You should be able to click them from there (I hope). Yep, we are hoping to visit Aulani. I figure Disneyland would be a great place for a layover. So, the plan is to hit DL and fly over to Aulani for a week. I can reserve a room in Mid-November. Wish me luck. I’ll keep everyone posted if it happens.

So glad to see another TR. I feel like it's a way to keep in touch with your daughter's senior year. And happy to meet another of her friends. We'll be at the World at the end of this week, and it's a new stage in my DD's life as she bringing Abby for her first trip -- gotta prime the WDW gene!

Have a great time. I am sure Abby will love the mouse’s house and become a Disney nut. DD is really doing well this year. Grades are good, the college application process is almost over and she starts Lacrosse tomorrow. Even has a date for Homecoming (the horror).

DD is really doing well this year. Grades are good, the college application process is almost over and she starts Lacrosse tomorrow. Even has a date for Homecoming (the horror).

Your DD is doing better than mine. It looks like she will be on the 9 semester plan, if not the 5 year plan for HS. As of now she has a full year of PE credits and a semester of something else (Occupation Education I think) to complete after this, her Senior year. She is thinking Community College right now. Homecoming was last week and she had asked one guy, who told her "I don't do dances." As I can see, your DD can take care of herself if someone crosses the line. You should be very proud of her (and yourself).

At least your daughter asked someone. Mine was lucky to get a date and if it was left to her, she would just be going with her girlfriends. This tall skinny kid had to be bribed with skittles by his friends to ask her to the dance. It is a “friend” date. She and a few girlfriends are driving there and meeting the boy “friends” there. I imagine a few awkward dances. I always tell her and her friends that boys of that age are goofy. They agree. Not that we get any better as we get older.

Next update should be done by tomorrow. All the rain down here knocked out my internet so I have to catch up on a few things before I get back to the TR.

Add me to the DVC board followers.....just love your reports! Enjoy hearing about your special trips with your daughter. Love the Dad/Daughter relationship you share. Can't believe she's a Senior this year, how exciting for both of you. Can't wait for your next installment......

Cyndi

Saturday, October 14 Part 1: Burgers and Ice Cream or Tea. AKA Outvoted 2-1.

Today was supposed to be a park day. Planned on using admission from our unexpired park hoppers and buy a ticket for GF. However, I can’t find the d**m tickets. Still haven’t but I know they are here somewhere.

Anyway it didn’t matter. We did not get back to the room until after 2:00 so we decided to sleep in. Couldn’t find the “Do not Disturb” sign (it was by the TV) so mousekeeping knocked on the door at around 11:00. Told them just a minute but by the time I got to the door, they were gone.

Started rousing the kids at 12:00 and they got up reasonably well. A choice needed to made to decide what to do the rest of the afternoon. A thought was in my head for a “surprise” that night but we needed to do something during the day. Eating was one

I voted Beaches and Cream for burgers and Ice Cream. The Princess had the idea to go to Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. DD loves tea. She had tea at the Plaza in NY, multiple times in a place in Savanna and of course Disney World. Once we started to talk about what we were going to do, she pulled “the other kid” aside and brain washed her into wanting to go to tea. We took a vote. I lost 2-1.

So, I called dining to see about an ADR. Nope, nothing available. Decided to try anyway. We left a little before 2:00, headed for the GF (not to be confused with #7 AKA GF). Thought this hotel would knock the socks off of DDGF. It did. We pulled into valet and entered the GF. Oohs and Aahs from 7.

They had just opened the tea room. Waited a bit to talk to the hostess. Asked if she could fit us in and she responded that seating just started and there was already a group without reservations. She advised us to come back in half an hour.

In the meantime we had to take some mandatory pics.
IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

This picture by the bird cage started with a previous trip with another of DD’s friends. Still looking for the key to lock them in there.
IMG_2788.jpg

Not a bad lobby
IMG_2789.jpg

Of all the times I visited the GF I never really noticed the skylights. Peerrty.
IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

While we waited, they went shopping. More window shopping that buying. Hats were a big thing with them.
IMG_2792.jpg

Yes, sometimes she acts like Dale
IMG_2794.jpg

Two Princesses
IMG_2795.jpg

Yea, 7 is Goofy too
IMG_2797.jpg

The Princess/Pirate’s new headgear
IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

The Princess Bride?
IMG_2800.jpg

Told her she has a while to wait before then. She started to think about a Disney wedding. I apologize to her parents that seed was planted.

To Infinity and beyond
IMG_2802.jpg

We went back to the hostess station and DD asked if they could fit us in. “Sure.” Just a reminder that at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. We were seated at table near the window. Hoped for one of the couches but beggars can’t be choosers.

DD was in her element but 7 was a bit nervous. This was a little out of her comfort zone and was afraid at first she would do something wrong and be ostracized. Not to worry. She was fine and soon got comfortable. DD went through the menu and made suggestions. They ordered ??? with the ??? tea. I had the Garden view tea (iced). For food, I ordered the cheese plate and tea sandwiches.

The Girls anticipating their tea
IMG_2807.jpg

My fruit and cheese plates. The veined cheese was a sage infused cheese, just OK. A little odd tasting. The others were better. Of course DD and I found out 7 were part mice (Minnies perhaps) also munched away.
IMG_2810.jpg

My tea. Excellent.
IMG_2811.jpg

One lump of two? DDGF just discovered sugar cubes when she and DD went to Publix a couple of weeks ago. First time 7 actually used them. She got a big charge out of that.
IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/cj9200/Disney%2011-11/IMG_2812.jpg[/IMG]

One of their tea sandwich plates and the scones. Have to love clotted cream. Actually tried to find it at a couple of places here with no luck.
IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

GF also admitted to not liking tea the one time she tried it. Told her there were other options. She was a real trooper and decided to go for it. As you can see she enjoyed it.
IMG_2818.jpg

Finally their desserts. DD got the usual swan with a cream filling. GF had what she called her “Princess Cake.” I think it was some strawberry and cream thing. They both oped for the chocolate covered strawberries.

Aww, isn’t that cute?
IMG_2820.jpg

That was right before the decapitation. OH, THE HORROR. Maybe Halloween Horror Night affected her psyche.
IMG_2821.jpg

Dessert was daintily eaten (I knew they just wanted to scarf it down) and they lingered over their tea. Girl conversation mostly centered on gossip at school and the teachers they had. Tea was over. As always DD loved this and 7 really enjoyed the experience. As I said, this was a bit out of her comfort zone but afterward she said she could get used to this. She commented that she was unaware that there were things like this at WDW. DD and I looked at each other, a knowing smile in her eyes (well one because she had the patch on). Yes, she was saying, another convert to our family’s method of doing Disney.

Mandatory trip to the ladies room while I went out front. What is with her taking pictures of a bathroom? Where did that come from? Oh wait, there was a mirror. DD loves mirrors.
IMG_2825.jpg

OK, what’s next? Surprise was in a couple of hours so we had some time to kill. Out of picture space so it will wait until the next update.

UP Next: Saturday, October 14 Part 2 The rest of the story. AKA The trip down memory lane.

popcorn:: Can't wait to read more!! Anxious about the surprise. That may be the last time 7 is allowed to go to WDW with you and DD!!

Today was supposed to be a park day. Planned on using admission from our unexpired park hoppers and buy a ticket for GF. However, I can’t find the d**m tickets. Still haven’t but I know they are here somewhere.
:headache: I hate it when that happens.:sad2:

A thought was in my head for a “surprise” that night but we needed to do something during the day.
A surprise, huh?

We took a vote. I lost 2-1.
You need to take me next time. It at least would have been a tie vote. :lmao:

So, I called dining to see about an ADR. Nope, nothing available. Decided to try anyway.
You are a great dad... Most reluctant tea partiers (sounds more political than inteneded) would see the lack of available ADR's as a way out.:rotfl2:

That was right before the decapitation. OH, THE HORROR. Maybe Halloween Horror Night affected her psyche.
:lmao::rotfl2: Either HHN or the eyepatch. I'm sure neither one helped.

DD and I looked at each other, a knowing smile in her eyes (well one because she had the patch on).
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Yes, she was saying, another convert to our family’s method of doing Disney.
:thumbsup2

Surprise was in a couple of hours so we had some time to kill. Out of picture space so it will wait until the next update.
Can't wait to see what the surprise is!

Wow this board moves fast. Don't post for a couple of days and I am relegated to page three.

thanks for the link that was great

Thought it was cute. DD enjoyed watching it.

Add me to the DVC board followers.....just love your reports! Enjoy hearing about your special trips with your daughter. Love the Dad/Daughter relationship you share. Can't believe she's a Senior this year, how exciting for both of you. Can't wait for your next installment......

Cyndi

Thanks Cyndi. Homecoming is this Thursday and she is getting a little excited. Her first timed 10K is also this weekend in preparation of the Disney Half in January.

popcorn:: Can't wait to read more!! Anxious about the surprise. That may be the last time 7 is allowed to go to WDW with you and DD!!

The surprise really isn’t a big deal. No Indoor skydiving on this trip. She has already signed up to go with us for the Disapalooza HP event in December.

:headache: I hate it when that happens.:sad2:

Still can’t find the tickets. Need to because a lot of money is represented in that envelope.

You need to take me next time. It at least would have been a tie vote. :lmao:

Solidarity, yes. I usually leave them there and go to the Poly for crabcakes. I don’t know why I decided to stay this time.

You are a great dad... Most reluctant tea partiers (sounds more political than inteneded) would see the lack of available ADR's as a way out.:rotfl2:

Not so great, I didn’t think of that. Wouldn’t have worked anyway. DD is too Disney savvy to know that we would probably be able to walk up and get in.

:lmao::rotfl2:: Either HHN or the eyepatch. I'm sure neither one helped.

Funny. The patch is now only when she drives.

Glad you liked it. I thought it was funny.

Can't wait to see what the surprise is!

Coming two posts from this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter