Taking dgf for first visit!

Mapada

Earning My Ears
A little background, not my first trip & am used to going with my DD. The dgf wants to do an adults only trip. We’re currently booked 8/27-9/1 at the Garden cottages at BW. I’m not totally sold on those as a first time resort, part of me says she should get a taste of the iconic monorail resorts, but I love the idea of being so close for food & wine. Any insights on where to stay with an adult first timer would be much appreciated. Thanks

Just my two cents, but my wife and I love staying at BW for our adults only trips...I'd actually say it's our preferred destination. I think it's all a matter of preference when comparing Crescent Lake options to monorail options. Personally, we prefer being walking distance to 2 parks vs. 1. Additionally, considering the "adultness" of these trips, we highly prefer being a 5 minute walk from Epcot for festivals (and given all the additions to Hollywood Studios, that's another obvious boon w/ that 15 minute walk). Lastly, we love a good Jellyrolls cap to our night!

I wish I would have seen this answer earlier. I swapped the cottage for a honeymoon room at the Poly this morning. My DD asked where we were staying, and chimed in that if it was her first visit, she’d want to stay at the Poly for the fireworks view, ease of the monorail, and she knows that I’m taking her to either California Grill or Narcoossee’s for our first dinner. Of course she also talked me into a split stay, so we’ll grab a cottage for the second half🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I wish I would have seen this answer earlier. I swapped the cottage for a honeymoon room at the Poly this morning. My DD asked where we were staying, and chimed in that if it was her first visit, she’d want to stay at the Poly for the fireworks view, ease of the monorail, and she knows that I’m taking her to either California Grill or Narcoossee’s for our first dinner. Of course she also talked me into a split stay, so we’ll grab a cottage for the second half🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I would have gone with Poly or Contemporary. Nothing compares to being at of those resorts for a first time - especially with the monorail. Even though the "theming" is minimal, my favorite stay so far has been the Contemporary because it's a unique experience compared to the other resorts. If $$ wasn't an issue, I'd always choose the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter