Taking Mema to Disney PTR May 19-29th 2 rooms, 1 with DxDDP

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
When planning our grand trip for Disney for Sept 2016, we thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip. But as you all know it often does not stay that way. I joined the DIS in the early planning stages, got in on the crazy gift card churning days and planned the a trip after a heartbreaking miscarriage of twins and almost myself. My wonderful In-laws picked up most of the tab and I almost doubled the budget through things learned here. Our trip was awesome, we loved it. My touring plan kept us for long rides, a few well timed awesome meals and a great place to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 3BD Presidential Reserve unit with access to the private lounge. It was also our first official vacation ever. We left happy, with great memories and a love for Disney World. Here we all are.

family.jpeg

Well I thing I should also state we live on the the US so we do not get a ton of time with family so this was extra special. Also we knew after returning we needed a trip to make memories with my mom. We started planning for 2018. My mom was able to request off time in March of 2017 for May of 2018. As the time we were thinking Branson area on Table Rock and Silver Dollar City. But after several health issues, we know this time might be one the the few ties we would get to do this, we almost even moved up the trip at one point but international travel is expensive without planning as we just could not. Anyway through some really tough conversations she said she would really like to see Disney World. I should also note we are paying for this trip and have been saving since beginning of 2017. I kept this information to myself and looked and crunched numbers with the set dates my mom had for vacation and got a great deal for 2 rooms at POP. I know with my moms health issues we would need to be onsite for transportation to allow for as many breaks as she will need. She does not like her photo taken, so I have very few of her, this is at my 25th birthday. I turn 40 this year....
momme.jpg
So the who of this trip
I am Meli, DH is Kevin, 4 kids above are DD13 AJ, DD11 Abby, DS Si, DD Jaelle and DM Cindy
We are staying in 2 rooms at POP
We have the DxDDP on my moms room with 2 kids
We arrive May 19 and stay til the 29th but DM needs to leave on the 28th

Today is 40 days til we leave our island and 41 days til we arrive at Disney.
We fly Spirit, Our flights, exit taxes and travel expenses are 1/3 the price of any other airline.

Welcome to anyone that wants to follow along and see inside my planning brain
and follow on to the fun!

Current Plan:
Our flight off of Roatan leave a little before noon on the 18th and we arrive in San Pedro Sula to wait on our Midnight Spirit flight that lands in Orlando at 8:30 am, which is 6:30 Honduran time. My mom leave Kansas at around 10:30 and arrives at Orlando around 4:30. We are really hoping our rooms are ready early so we can rest, but if not we will have a swimsuits in our backpacks and we will go to the pool and rest there while we wait. I plan to make a grocery order from Publix for some must eat snacks while we are in the US as well as breakfast foods for our mornings as we plan to RD on our park days. We have 5 day one park tickets plus a bonus water park day. We need some down time just swimming and hanging out together.

Sunday May 20th Hollywood Studios, Lunch at MM and Dinner ? BL or ABC

Monday May 21st Animal Kingdom Lunch at Yak and Yeti, Dinner Satuli or FLametree depending on what we are feelin

Tuesday May 22nd Ubering to the store to pick out more snacks as well as a few things to bring home with us that we can not get there, and I just want to walk the isles. We plan to hang by the pool and head to DS for dinner at Raglan Road.

Wednesday May 23rd Magic Kingdom PPO BOG, Lunch LLT, Dinner Casey's or Plaza sundaes

Thursday rest and pol morning. Exploring AKL in the afternoon, dinner at Boma

Friday May 24th EPCOT PPO AKershus, all afternoon snacking around the WS

Saturday May 25th Magic Kingdom, Lunch at TE at the fort and dinner at Pecos?

Sunday May 26th BB and dinner at RFC at AK

Monday Bon Voyage and goodbye to Mema, Dinner at DS with friends that live in Winter Garden? Maybe D-Luxe. I love a great burger and fries not something I can get here.

Tuesday Meeting with my Dad??? He moved to Florida and I have barely talked to him in years but would love to see him and have him meet the kids. He has never seen my youngest and my DS was less than a year last time. We do not have a great relationship, he does not like any of my life choices. So we will see if he shows up? I called and invited him to meet us for lunch and maybe bowling at Splitsville. Our flight home leave at 9:45 PM

Wed May 30th we arrive to the mainland around 1 am and head to a friends B&B until our morning flight to the island at 10 am.

My DM has COPD and it seems to be processing quickly. She still is active but at the slightest cold, it hits hard. My mom was never sick when I was young, she always said she was of a strong stock of farmers. She is really struggling with having limits. This week she pulled a muscle in her back lifting at work and in on medical leave til the 11th. She has been to the Chiropractor twice and while it gives short term relief she needs muscle relaxers to stop the spasms in her sciatica nerve. I have been googling about wheelchair options in case it would be needed. It seems to buy a light weight one on Amazon is the cost of renting one for 9 days. Really praying she heals quickly.

We are getting so close! I have changed some dining around. Almost done with packing for 3 of the 6 of us. Teenager is on her own as in DH, DS says he wants to wait til the last day cause he can :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter