Taking minor child off ship

DISfam2401

Mouseketeer
Hello again. We are cruising in February as a family of 4 (Myself, my husband, DD2 and DS8) with my parents in an adjoining stateroom. I'm starting to look into excursions and think my son would really enjoy XCaret but it would be hard to take my daughter. My parents are happy to watch her while we go on an excursion, but would they be able to take her off the ship or can she only do that with us, her parents? Thanks!

No problem. You can sign a permission form for an adult in another cabin to take your daughter off the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

As @lanejudy mentioned, you can read more HERE, specifically the Debarkation Authorization for Minors Form at the Guest Service Desk, located at Deck 3, Midship. You'll want to fill out the form. And when you goto get off the ship with minors, you scan your key to the world card first, and then the minors card. The system won't allow minors to scan first. it flags them as trying to get off the boat without an authorized guardian.

It’s now part of online check you. You can specify if your children can get off without you, with adults in other staterooms or by themselves, and whether that applies to CC or all ports. SO convenient to have it as a step for checkin and not have to mess with the forms at guest services.

It’s now part of online check you. You can specify if your children can get off without you, with adults in other staterooms or by themselves, and whether that applies to CC or all ports. SO convenient to have it as a step for checkin and not have to mess with the forms at guest services.
You can specify that your 8 year old child can get off the ship in a foreign country by themselves?

You can specify that your 8 year old child can get off the ship in a foreign country by themselves?

For each kid, including my one year old, I could specify cannot get off ship without stateroom adult, can get off ship with other stateroom (and then who), can get off alone in CC, can get off alone in all ports. I’m guessing that Disney might use a little discretion if a preschooler was walking off the ship alone.

For each kid, including my one year old, I could specify cannot get off ship without stateroom adult, can get off ship with other stateroom (and then who), can get off alone in CC, can get off alone in all ports. I’m guessing that Disney might use a little discretion if a preschooler was walking off the ship alone.
Hmmm..... not necessarily, if you've given permission, it will probably be linked to their KTTW card. They're covered if anything happens.

Now, if you've not given specific permissions, the default (I would hope) would be "cannot get off ship without stateroom adult".

upload_2018-10-9_21-3-48.pngupload_2018-10-9_21-3-48.png

I scrolled up to hide the kids’ names but this is the online check in now. I had this for each child, including the one year old. It’s under a section called “Traveling with Minors” as you go through all the check in steps. If you select the third option you get the place to link who they will go with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter