Taking My 2 Year Old to MK....with a preggers wife!!!

Reading all the replies here makes me super excited to go!! I've been to all the theme park so many times and intend on going many more that missing out on anything isn't a concern at all. DD and mommy having a good time is what I care about.

Seeing as a 3 day ticket for a Florida resident is actually cheaper than a 2 day your way non-Florida resident ticket, that's what we are getting. It's a 3.5 to 4 hours (depending on traffic and bathroom breaks for mommy and kiddo) drive for us.

As I stated, we are early risers, so we'll likely hit the road at like 7 or 8 AM that Thursday 11/28. That puts us in Orlando around 11:30-noonish.

DW is asking if we could do a half day at one of the parks when we get there seeing as check in at our hotel is at 4. I dunno. That might be a bit much. We'll see how the drive goes and play it by ear. Maybe set a fast pass for a meet and greet and maybe a ride or 2. We'll feel it out and split if DD seems fidgety. It's one of the Holiday party days so the park closes at 6 anyhow. If we go, well good the 3rd day was essentially free anyhow. If not, well, we have 180 days to burn the 3rd day. I'm good either way.

I'm working AK into our plans for the second day (Friday 11/29) as MK has extra magic hours that day and I always like to go the day after those days. Plus, DD loves the zoo. This is the zoo with Mickey and Minnie so yeah we are there!! We'll try to get there at rope drop. (Does AK do a rope drop type show like MK) I'll map it out as best I can, but it seems like a more or less wander around and look kind of parks if you aren't riding most of the rides. I'll set up the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet and the Avatar boat ride thing. Any other rides worth a FP for a 2 year old?

On Saturday 12/1, which is my DW birthday, we'll get there at rope drop and head to Peter Pan, then Winnie the Pooh (FP?) and depending how busy it is, Little mermaid. From there, honestly, we are just going to take everything in and wing it. I promised DW I wouldn't drag her and DD around like a drill sergeant. Aside from PP, any other rides we want to go on will have (likely) available FP's throughout the day. I think. If I'm wrong, meh, we'll dance in the street and have fun our own way!!

Thanks for all the input moms!!

I just posted a thread similar to this about looking at my plan for myself and 5/6 mo. pregnant wife. Many of the similar questions and concerns. I figure that missing all the "thrill" rides will be a bummer for both of us, but it'll help slow us down from our usual go-go-go pace. Plus we love doing character meets anyway. This time we have a book for them to sign. Also, It'll be my birthday while we're there.

Here's my thread for those of you who may not have seen it:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/pregnant-and-planning.3701668/

You don’t need to skip the thrill rides. I was happy while pregnant to hang out on a bench for awhile and rest. Or go on smaller rides by myself. I was bummed to miss the thrill rides, but I enjoy the smaller rides too. And I love my husband, but I like having some time to myself as well. We have to split up for the thrill rides now because DS is too short for most of them.

Just set your expectations.

I went to WDW with my 4yo and my 5mo. So my with a 5mo . .my wife was probably just as "inconvenienced" as being pregnant. So while she was more physically better off than being pregnant, she still had a baby attached to her all the time and had to stop to nurse, change diapers, get naps, etc. She was a trooper, but she knew she couldn't enjoy the parks like she wanted.

You'll have to go on some rides separately.
You'll have to move slowly and thus not do as much as your plan dictates.
You'll have to adjust things on the fly (resting, bathroom breaks, etc.).

Since you are going with a 2 year old, you probably wouldn't have gone on many thrill rides anyway.

You'll have a good time, just plan on the rides you CAN go on as a family and just be careful. That is a LOT of walking.

We went to the zoo once while my wife was pregnant with our second. It was a big, hilly zoo, so we opted to use a wheelchair for her in spots so she wouldn't get tired out. Still -- because she was just off balance and can't see her fit, tripped over a stone in one area and fell down .. HARD. That was scary for us all, but everything was fine.

I just went at 5ish months pregnant in December with our 1.5 year old. I'm in pretty good shape and I will say that I could tell that I was pregnant at times. It was tough for me to do but I had to slow down from my normal pace at times. I also brought a couple of different pair of sneakers and alternated them. It was great to give my feet a break from one pair to the next...fresh feet if you will!

My husband still went on the thrill rides and I would go get a snack with our toddler or stroll the gift shops. It was actually nice to explore some of the places we usually walk right by, especially at AK where the performers are so talented. My little guy and I got to take in some things we would normally not watch for too long and we both really enjoyed them!

We're heading back in a couple of weeks with our 2 year old and new baby and I'm actually looking forward to doing a lot of the simpler things that we did last trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts