Taking your droid and lifesaver home on the airplane......

Just wanted to know how you did this going through security and on the plane?

I load up movies, shows, etc on my phone to watch on the plane so I just put it in the bin and send it through the scanner. As far as the Lifesavers, I also want them with me on the plane as they help with my ears popping so I put them in my backpack that I carry on which goes through the scanner. 8-)

Last edited:

I don't know if people are joking or if I read this question completely wrong lol

LIFE SAVERS is an American brand of ring-shaped hard/soft candy. Its range of mints and artificial fruit-flavors is known for its distinctive packaging, coming in paper-wrapped aluminum foil rolls.

The LIGHTSABER is the weapon of a Jedi, an elegant weapon of a more civilized age. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them.

😁

I know the difference. I guess as a teacher I'm used to reading wrong things. I just assumed after the fun making someone would actually help the person out and answer the question that was meant. :)

TSA says that lightsabers can be carried on. I have seen multiple people carrying on the big kylo ren sabers, so I assume it also covers the new ones.

I know nothing about droids. If they are similar in size to the things marketed in pandora and AK, though, they can be carried on. Just fit them in the carryon or personal item. (That obviously isn’t a requirement for light sabers as they don’t fit)

Funny story. When I was in Vegas and went to a Disney Outlet I brought a BB8 which is about the size of the build your own droids. I put it in my backpack. I kept it in the box and had the reciept. So my backpack went through the scanner. I got pulled to the side and they started to ask me all these questions about it. I told them what it was and they did'tn believe me. Show them the reciept and open the bag and take BB8 put of the box. And I must have gotten someone who doesn't know Star Wars he was so confused. So I had to explain who BB8 was. Then he was like why did you buy him and want to take him to Canada. Meanwhile this is airport security and not customs lol I was like he was 75% off and huge Star Wars fan.

So hopefully TSA at LAX and MCO will be better than at Vegas lol

Shocking comment ahead, please remain seated...

Not everybody knows or cares about Star Wars. Please don't judge or criticize.
When it says Star Wars on the box I expect you to know. Where did you see me judge or criticize. Did I not say this was a funny story. I just mean after the reciept and the box said Star Wars. They would get that it is a toy. If anything he was judging me by asking me why would I transport this thing to Canada.

This is why I didn't participate in years. Also you didn't even have to be rude with your comment. Next time scroll by before saying anything.

If they ask about the droid, just let them know it is an astromech and needed to make any necessary repairs the plane might need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!