Takumi Tei ? Kids menu??

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
Would love to try Takumi Tei in October when we are there but do not see a kids menu. We have a 4 and 7 year old coming with us, and worried that they will not be able to eat anything or that they would not be welcome in the restaurant. If anyone's been there, please let me know if its appropriate or good for little kids. They will eat california and uni rolls, as well as udon. Any help much appreciated!!

Ok thx. I may just cancel. We were able to get that Star Wars bar/cantina reservation, which is presumably more kid friendly and affordable. We shall just go that route. I live near lots of good restaurants in a major city, so no need to overpay at Disney...,

It’s been 8 years and it’s starting to lose its magic for me. Maybe I need a break.

Ok thx. I may just cancel. We were able to get that Star Wars bar/cantina reservation, which is presumably more kid friendly and affordable. We shall just go that route. I live near lots of good restaurants in a major city, so no need to overpay at Disney...,

It’s been 8 years and it’s starting to lose its magic for me. Maybe I need a break.

If you are referring to Oga’s Cantina, they don’t serve food there.

If you are referring to Oga’s Cantina, they don’t serve food there.
Yeah; there's just some salty snack avail for lunch/dinner; but some cinnamon roll type things for breakfast. Otherwise, it's all drinks.
The mobile ordering should make counter service not a nightmare hassle, so may want to think about that.

I wouldn't call Oga's "kid friendly." It's "kid tolerant." Its mostly standing room, at high top bar tables. It's a bar. They don't serve food with any substance, just very light snacks like jello and bar mix. My kids hated it. They are teens...

I was there 10 days ago and there were a couple of families there with their kids and they all looked like they were enjoying it. The kids got some origami birds from the wait staff and they seemed welcome. if your kids will eat sushi I think you will be fine

uh oh. Thanks everyone. So I'm choosing places my kids will hate. Fun, fun...
I have not been to either location yet but I would be much more willing to try Oga's with my kids. Especially if there are multiple adults present. If someone needs to bail earlier with the kids not a big deal at Oga's.

I just looked on MDE and I see a kid’s menu at Takumi Tei? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have five kids and some I would take here, some I wouldn’t. You know your kids best. All my kids absolutely love sushi, so finding something for them to eat here wouldn’t be an issue. I’d be more hesitant to take them to Oga’s. Maybe I’m misunderstanding how the seating works there, but what if you can only get a tall table with no seats?

I’ll checn out takumi tei the day before, and with Olga’s cantina, we can always walk out. Staying in a studio this time around but saving $100/day ;) over a 1bd, so we can put the savings into food!

We do sushi, ramen and Japanese food (and straight up Chinatown Asian food) all the time. As mentioned, I’m in a biggish city so it’s all available. I’m actually feeling the $$ crunch of my yearly Disney vacay and may try to cut back on the ADRs.

Looking to buy park tickets right now for our trip on 5 weeks. Ouch.

i will only say this....if all you feed your kids is chicken nuggets.....then yes...they may not enjoy the experience.

We took out kids to "fancy" places from the time they could walk. yes the 1st 1 or 2 times may have been difficult, but by age 3, they knew what was expected and the "kids menu" never dictated our dining choices again.

The trade off is, you have to take them to "freds pizza planet" type places so they can blow off steam from time to time. Every type of food place has it's own expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter