Takumi-Tei watch thread!

I'm sure this restaurant will be beautiful & have yummy food.
I am put off by the dress code tho...how is a formal dress code supposed to work in a theme park?
Unless there is a separate entrance so no Epcot admission is required?
I like my flip flops :)

It is the same dress code as Monsieur Paul, and most other signature restaurants. It will be interesting to see if they actually try to enforce it. Last time we were at California Grill I saw everything from evening attire to cut off jeans with all the strings hanging from them. I think some of the signatures have given up trying to make people dress by the rules.

Well, this is incredibly disappointing. According to what I just read on a site that it seems I am not allowed to mention without it being scrambled on here(or link to the article here, either it's not allowed or I am doing it wrong), it is official that the dining plan will not be accepted here for the foreseeable future. So much for me going then.

Anyway, I found out this information by doing a Google News search on Epcot and it was the 5th article linked down.

Last edited:
Well, this is incredibly disappointing. According to what I just read on a site that it seems I am not allowed to mention without it being scrambled on here(or link to the article here, either it's not allowed or I am doing it wrong), it is official that the dining plan will not be accepted here for the foreseeable future. So much for me going then.

Anyway, I found out this information by doing a Google News search on Epcot and it was the 5th article linked down.

For those who use the dining plan this is a perfect time to explore the benefits of a split stay.

I’d guess if this is truly a multi-course tasting menu focused around wagyu (hopefully Japanese) that even 2 credits might not cover it for the restaurant. Or may just not “fit” if it’s multiple small courses that don’t fall into the traditional app, entree, dessert categories. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I see both sides of the “argument.” On the one hand, Disney really pushes the dining plan and so many use it so I can see it being disappointing that a new spot wouldn’t be included and not wanting to go out of pocket on top of buying the plan.

But on the other, it may be exciting to see what a chef can do without the restrictions.

Dress code they won't enforce. I've seen dudes wearing cut off jean shorts in signatures recently. Especially inside a theme park, it's just a formality to write it. I've never seen any dress code be enforced anywhere.

Dress code they won't enforce. I've seen dudes wearing cut off jean shorts in signatures recently. Especially inside a theme park, it's just a formality to write it. I've never seen any dress code be enforced anywhere.

It will be interesting to see how much it is/isn’t enforced. I think the only other in-park example is Monsieur Paul and I haven’t dined there yet to have any first-hand experience to offer. Tiffins, Le Cellier and Brown Derby, for example, are in-park signatures but they don’t formally state a dress code.

As far as enforcement more broadly. I agree they aren’t strict. I’ve worn flip flops many times (but I do try to otherwise respect the dress code).

At California Grill for dinner last year, there were two boys in late teens/twenties who were in tank tops. They apparently had a closet of long-sleeved collared shirts on hand and each were given one. They just put on, unbuttoned, over their tanks but apparently that met the requirement. The host practically had to chase them onto the elevator to retrieve the shirts... maybe they thought they were gifts, LOL.

Well, I mean, I will wait and see. I have shelled out big bucks before for a non-dining plan restaurant but I only like to do that if it is truly an out of this world experience like Victoria and Albert's - I've done them several times and did feel it was worth every penny. Perhaps, this place is on that rarefied level to be worth dropping a few hundred bucks at though I probably don't want to spend that at this point in my Disney vacation journey anymore.

Also, as someone who has eaten at Monsieur Paul and Bistro de Paris (it's former name) many times, that is a place where I have NEVER seen anyone who has ignored the dress code, as I have often seen at the other signatures do. I mean, you would really feel out of place there, too, if you showed up in tank top and torn clothing (just an example), in that all the wait-staff are in tuxedo-like attire and the tables are covered with like white linen (or something) table cloth. The ambiance there just feels ritzier than at California Grill - I mean, they even have it set up so you have to check in away from where everyone else is eating, so I feel like they can check you out downstairs and perhaps won't let you upstairs (where the tables are) if you don't measure up LOL.

That being said, I don't dress any different for Monsieur Paul than I do for California Grill or the other signatures. I always wear one of my nice khaki or similar style dress shorts and a polo-style collared shirt and my clean new balance sneakers. That's always been good enough there, just as it is for all the signatures. And would be similarly fine, I am sure, for this new Japan signature.

You know what kind of amuses me about the torn clothing part of the dress code? I think the proposefully torn clothing look went out of style a good ten years ago.

You might be right but the young people do still like to buy those torn jeans anyway - they are unfortunately still popular and more ugly than ever and weirdly expensive, too, LOL - you think they would be less since there's less clothing material on them, but no, apparently, the "style" of ripping up some jeans is "priceless".

You might be right but the young people do still like to buy those torn jeans anyway - they are unfortunately still popular and more ugly than ever and weirdly expensive, too, LOL - you think they would be less since there's less clothing material on them, but no, apparently, the "style" of ripping up some jeans is "priceless".
I been on the look out for them and other signs of "teenage wacky doodlism" what with DGD about to turn 14 but haven't seen them for a while BUT sooo many kids wear uniforms to school now guess I'll see what fresh ( or old) Hades the summer brings;).

Joining the watch too. I wonder if the chef's table experience is meant to be experienced with other people (strangers) at your table. I wish they would release more details!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!