Talk to me about Everest and Mission Space

Tigerlulu

DIS Veteran
Going on an adult trip with Hubs.
Historically coasters were so not my thing. Heights and the drops, the feeling of losing my stomach and not being in control is not my thing.

My first adult trip my doctor gave me Xanax for flying, which was my first time ever asking for help flying, and I used it also to get myself on space mountain and RnR and splash. And had a blast!
But RnR was intense for me, I had fun and loved it but I was shaking for awhile when I got off. Kind of made me a little sick.

Anyway, fast forward a few years, going with Hubs and he’s putting on the pressure for Everest. I’ve also never done mission space and he’s mentioning doing the green side. I’ve never really been claustrophobic until I had a 3 hour MRI two years ago and couldn’t finish the last 30 min of it. Is it really as claustrophobic as I’ve heard?

And how much worse than the splash drop is Everest? I’ve looked at the videos on you tube of it but the darkness makes it really hard to see what’s happening. I have to do the “research” and learn all I can first as part of my process of getting myself to do it.

So what do you think?

It took me until my 8th trip before riding Splash. For some reason, I jumped on Everest as well. The big drops seemed comparable between the two. It's the going backwards up a hill that was weird for Everest. Like you, I was physically shaking after getting off. I didn't ride it again that trip, but I'll do it again.

As far as Mission Space goes, if you did 2.5 hours in an MRI machine, you can handle the Green side with zero problems.

It took me until my 8th trip before riding Splash. For some reason, I jumped on Everest as well. The big drops seemed comparable between the two. It's the going backwards up a hill that was weird for Everest. Like you, I was physically shaking after getting off. I didn't ride it again that trip, but I'll do it again.

As far as Mission Space goes, if you did 2.5 hours in an MRI machine, you can handle the Green side with zero problems.

Lol I haven’t been able to handle MRIs as well since. Now they have to sedate me. Not fun.

Do you lose your stomach on the backwards drop?

If you did RNR you should be fine on EE. My tummy always does a a little tiny "flip" on RNR at one point but I have none of that on EE .

I can't do MS orange due to the G force thing. Had no problem on Green .

Everest just puts pressure on your body in a different way because you, like PP said, go backwards and up at the same time. It's so fun!

I never do MS, 1. because nobody I know ever is too excited about it and 2. I don't like feeling claustrophobic. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter