Talk to me about September

75 - 90 degrees.. wet Less hot than in the middle of summer with more possibilities of nghts in the low 70s.

Last edited:
We went Labor Day week this year. It was hotter than hot and it rained every day. You can avoid some of that by taking mid-day breaks. Just keep in mind if there's lightning they will kick you out of the pools. It was a bummer.

You can't beat the low crowds and if you can handle the heat it's a great time to go and get a lot of rides in.

My problem with September is that I'd spend too much time worrying about the trip being cancelled for a hurricane. (Not that the chances are really that high that it would actually affect the trip, just that I'm too much of a worrywart, and I know it would affect my anticipation of the trip.) Other than that, I think the temps themselves would be good - hot enough during the day to "feel like Florida" and make for great swimming, but cool enough in the evenings that you wouldn't feel constantly wilted.

My problem with September is that I'd spend too much time worrying about the trip being cancelled for a hurricane. (Not that the chances are really that high that it would actually affect the trip, just that I'm too much of a worrywart, and I know it would affect my anticipation of the trip.) Other than that, I think the temps themselves would be good - hot enough during the day to "feel like Florida" and make for great swimming, but cool enough in the evenings that you wouldn't feel constantly wilted.

We actually had the possibility of a storm hitting our house while we were in Disney. Made one of the days pretty stressful, but it wound up going east and not being much of anything.

September is blazing hot at WDW, just like June/July/August. For that matter October is still plenty warm though it seems like the humidity seems to subside. Summer does not exit gracefully in central FL. The bonus is the crowds are lighter and if there's a hurricane the crowds will be very light.

Hotter, more humid, and more rain.
Think lows in the mid 70's and highs in the mid 90's with heat index of 105-110.
Also a much higher chance of a hurricane.
The last week in August through mid September is peak for hurricanes with I believe September 10th-12th being the absolute peak historically.
All that being said I've been several times in late August/early September and have encountered a couple small/quick hurricanes and I'd still go during this time.

Super hot and humid. Peak of hurricane season. However, that means less people traveling, reduced rates, and lower crowd levels.

My oldest son is getting married, outdoor, in September in Orlando.

September is HOT! We have visited all of the summer months in the past and Sept 2x, last being this year for wedding planning and it is always intolerably hot and humid in September (it felt like 110-115 a few days).

There is rain and also possibility of hurricanes. We flew through one to get there last trip.

ETA: Crowds also aren't as low as they used to be in Sept. Comparing our two Sept trips 2014 and 2018, this year was definitely more crowded.

We were there for the middle 2 weeks this past September and the lowest daytime temp was 92 during that period. We had a real feel temp of 108 one day. No real rain to speak of other than the 10-15 minute bursts in the afternoon. But it was HOT.
This was this Sept. temps
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/september-weather/328169

Okay, so basically what we experienced. When we went our real feels were 110-115. I think it's the possibility of hurricanes that worries me the most.

We have been Labor Day week several times. Weather is super hot and muggy but we are ok with that. Very low crowds. I’d say the only true low crowd time left.

The last time was 2017. Our trip was derailed due to Irma. We were there only a few days before we went home early. Our Sunday flight was cancelled on Wednesday. We could not get an earlier flight and had no idea when we would get home flying after the hurricane. We also didn’t want to waste our DVC points just to ride it out. Rented a car and car seats and drove 20+ hours home - rescheduled to “finish” the trip in May.

We will not travel there during peak hurricane time again. Too much risk. Huge bummer after looking forward to the trip all year.

I was there in September 2004, while Hurricane Jeanne shut down all the parks for an evening plus the entire following day. Everyone had to stay indoors. Since then, not such a fan of going in September. You might or might not encounter a hurricane, but it will be humid for sure.

Would you ever plan a short trip during September, if you're only going to have 2 or 3 days in park?
Yes. That is what we had to do this past September. We were down for a Wedding Planning trip and only had 2 and a half days in the parks. It was really hot and crowded with food and wine etc going on, but any time I can be in the Parks is worth it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts