Talking my DW into an Adult Only Trip?

Why is it people don’t think 3 year olds remember things? Both me and my daughter have very clear memories of things that happened when we were 3.
And regardless of whether 3 year olds will remember something for life, they'll absolutely remember the high-emotion events for a few years. Whether that's the positive memories of going to Disney or the negative memories of staying home without your parents (and having it not go well), 3 year olds will remember it, talk about it, and be affected by it for at least a few years. That doesn't mean that we parents must be with them all the time, of course, only that I wouldn't dismiss a child's feelings "because they're only 3 and will forget."

At 3 - she will never know that she missed it. Would be thrilled that you brought her Disney toys from your "trip". If she has been as a toddler - then you have had that experience together. I agree suggest that you plan another when she is 6 or 7 and can enjoy everything in a totally new way.

At 3 - she will never know that she missed it. Would be thrilled that you brought her Disney toys from your "trip". If she has been as a toddler - then you have had that experience together. I agree suggest that you plan another when she is 6 or 7 and can enjoy everything in a totally new way.
Again - my daughter still talks about the trip she took when she was 2, and at 3 knew what was are WDW and what she would be missing. 3 year olds aren’t the idiots people try to make them out to be.

Again - my daughter still talks about the trip she took when she was 2, and at 3 knew what was are WDW and what she would be missing. 3 year olds aren’t the idiots people try to make them out to be.
I have scattered memories from my 6 year old trip - but yes you have much clearer ones until you get a little older. The reality is if mom and dad just take a "trip" - if it is not made a deal it won't be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter