Tampa Bay Lightning Game

takehertothemoon

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to a Lightning game and able to tell me about the experience?

Just randomly checking the 17/18 schedule and see Lightning are playing Colorado Avalanche Dec 7 - we will be in Orlando and it's my Husband's favourite team!!

Unfortunately, we have a lot crammed into this 5 day trip so I'm hoping we can make it work. We plan to do Epcot the 7th with morning EMH so we'll be at the park from 8-4 and hopefully get the rides in we want and experience Holidays Around the World. We'd leave at 4 to head to Tampa because the game is at 7:30. Does this seem at all doable? We may be exhausted but it's vacay!!

We have been to a few Lightning games when we travel to Florida during Spring Break (not when we travel to WDW). We really enjoy going to the games there. The atmosphere is usually quite good. They usually have a pre-game party in the courtyard with a band, beverages, and food trucks. The arena is great and the sight lines are excellent. We have sat in many different locations with no issues at all. I say go for it if you have the time.

We have been to a few Lightning games when we travel to Florida during Spring Break (not when we travel to WDW). We really enjoy going to the games there. The atmosphere is usually quite good. They usually have a pre-game party in the courtyard with a band, beverages, and food trucks. The arena is great and the sight lines are excellent. We have sat in many different locations with no issues at all. I say go for it if you have the time.

Thanks for so much info! I was hoping there were things happening outside, it's what I imagine Americans do at games - the food trucks sound awesome!

I agree with HockeyFan17. Great fun atmosphere. The kids had a blast outside with all of the extras. We had dinner at a pub before heading over. Great fans. We watched them play Montreal and there were a ton of Canadiens fans!

We did Pens v Bolts in Feb 2016 and had a blast.

Bought tickets off Stubhub at $135US for 4 tickets in section 306.
Pre-payed parking with Parkwhiz approx 2 blocks from Amalie for $7.33US (? seems a random price) which covers 2hrs before and after

Arena was packed and our particularly section seemed 50/50 split.
Atmosphere was good - Fun game, loads of goals and home team win helped
Food was just ok - I had heard good things but was underwhelmed and was $$$

We did Clearwater Marine Aquarium on the same day so travelling in from the other side and got caught in Friday evening rush hour traffic which added an hour to our journey to the Arena (doh)
As a result we didn't get to take in much of Thunder Alley as they opened the doors to the Arena about 15mins after we got there.
After the game we just hopped straight in the car and back onto I4 within 15-20mins.

Had looked at going back on this trip but the Bolts schedule has not been kind to us.

We have seen the Leafs play in Tampa 3 times, all during March Break. A lot of fun, about 80% Leaf fans. Missed out this last March as I waited too long to buy tickets and they were selling at around 100.00 CDN. The traffic on I4 can be busy around 4pm on a weekday.

Add me to the list of folks who have gone to several games in Tampa. Our home resort is AKV so it rally is an easy drive from the WDW area to the game.
I think we have bough to our tickets from scalpers every time. From what I understand, it is legal and the prices have been very good. We usually pay about half of the face value for tickets. No doubt Habs or Leafs tickets would not be such a good deal. We have parked on the street a couple of blocks away and one s in someone's front yard for a reasonable price.
We really enjoy going to games in Tampa.

For Colorado, as other posters have mentioned, get your tickets from Stubhub or scalpels as they will likely be lower than face value. I have done that many times as well. The only time I buy from Ticketmaster is for the Leafs or Habs as the resale market gets quite high, especially March Break when we are there.

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and for your tips! I had a feeling I4 traffic would be bad at 4 but don't want to leave Epcot any earlier, seeing if I can change that day but it doesn't look doable! I was waiting for single tickets to go on sale but think I'll wait for stubhub to have more posted, seems like a better value!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!