Tap water at WDW

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by Joe Arkansas, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Joe Arkansas

Joe Arkansas Earning My Ears

Does the tap water at WDW still taste ... "interesting"?

I know this used to be a thing, and I am wondering if anything has changed in recent years.

Dingdingding likes this.
  2. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

In the past it was terrible and really undrinkable. For at least the last 5 years, it has been very drinkable. Not great, but much better. They must be using a much better filtering system.

Joe Arkansas likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ManhattanMcC

ManhattanMcC Earning My Ears

Having spend the vast majority of my younger life in FL, with family still in Central FL ~90 mins from WDW. I can say: You don’t drink unknown tap water in FL. Unless it’s touted as specifically filtered/softened, just don’t do it... Happiest Place on Earth or not.

5. Disneypro1

Disneypro1 life is great!

Its fine. It's water. anyone that won't drink it...is well, pretentious. It's fine.

Joe Arkansas likes this.
  6. sgc

sgc Earning My Ears

Is the water filtered in the hotel rooms of various Disneyworld hotels as well?

7. Darklord77

Darklord77 Mouseketeer

Central Florida tap water has always had an interesting taste as long as I can remember.

8. vacationer1954

vacationer1954 DIS Veteran

The fact that WDW is drinkable now is a testament to just how much Disney has done to improve the situation.

Dingdingding and EdnaMarieMode like this.
  9. monorailmom

monorailmom DIS Veteran

The only place I can't drink the tap water is the Magic Kingdom area. I think it tastes funny not just at Magic Kingdom, but all the resorts around there, too. I don't notice any problems at all anywhere else, so strange!

DaisyDuck001 and Meglen like this.
  10. kay1864

kay1864 DIS Veteran

I take a refillable Rubbermaid bottle with a built-in filter. No off-taste at all using that.

Free water from the walk-up places and from water fountains, and I'm good to go.

11. EdnaMarieMode

EdnaMarieMode DIS Veteran

We found on our most recent trip that water from QS/ TS was fine, no filtration needed. Water at BCV out of the faucet was also completely fine, no filtration needed.

I do bring a filtering water bottle, but I may skip it on our next trip. Water fountain water still tastes like sulphur/ swamp but my Brita filtering water bottle works great for that.

12. alicat130

alicat130 Mouseketeer

We don't like the taste of the water and bring water flavoring drops! Our current favorite is a crystal light flavor.

RedK likes this.
  13. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

I’ve had to drink out of the creek with my horse more than once, and I’d take that over the fountains in the Hub on a 90 degree day. I’m not pretentious; some places it tastes absolutely disgusting. I stick to water from the drink dispensers or bring my own.

14. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

I agree the water is not as bad as it used to be! It's drinkable.

15. Tink_83

Tink_83 Mouseketeer

I tried to do the refillable water bottle with a filter and never ended up using it (but others do so maybe that was just me)... that said having grown up in Florida the water is potable but tastes awful! Yes you can drink it but most people don’t willing drink it unless they have to.

16. jaiminee krikit

jaiminee krikit DIS Veteran

I cannot drink the tap water at the resorts or the fountain water at the parks, it is terrible to me. I always just request free ice water at QS locations and fill my water bottle at the food court of my hotel. I used to bring a Brita bottle, but as long as you're getting water from QS locations, it's filtered so it tastes fine.