Tap water at WDW

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
Does the tap water at WDW still taste ... "interesting"?

I know this used to be a thing, and I am wondering if anything has changed in recent years.

In the past it was terrible and really undrinkable. For at least the last 5 years, it has been very drinkable. Not great, but much better. They must be using a much better filtering system.

Having spend the vast majority of my younger life in FL, with family still in Central FL ~90 mins from WDW. I can say: You don’t drink unknown tap water in FL. Unless it’s touted as specifically filtered/softened, just don’t do it... Happiest Place on Earth or not.

Is the water filtered in the hotel rooms of various Disneyworld hotels as well?

Central Florida tap water has always had an interesting taste as long as I can remember.

The only place I can't drink the tap water is the Magic Kingdom area. I think it tastes funny not just at Magic Kingdom, but all the resorts around there, too. I don't notice any problems at all anywhere else, so strange!

I take a refillable Rubbermaid bottle with a built-in filter. No off-taste at all using that.

Free water from the walk-up places and from water fountains, and I'm good to go.

We found on our most recent trip that water from QS/ TS was fine, no filtration needed. Water at BCV out of the faucet was also completely fine, no filtration needed.

I do bring a filtering water bottle, but I may skip it on our next trip. Water fountain water still tastes like sulphur/ swamp but my Brita filtering water bottle works great for that.

We don't like the taste of the water and bring water flavoring drops! Our current favorite is a crystal light flavor.

Its fine. It's water. anyone that won't drink it...is well, pretentious. It's fine.
I’ve had to drink out of the creek with my horse more than once, and I’d take that over the fountains in the Hub on a 90 degree day. I’m not pretentious; some places it tastes absolutely disgusting. I stick to water from the drink dispensers or bring my own.

I agree the water is not as bad as it used to be! It's drinkable.

I tried to do the refillable water bottle with a filter and never ended up using it (but others do so maybe that was just me)... that said having grown up in Florida the water is potable but tastes awful! Yes you can drink it but most people don’t willing drink it unless they have to.

I cannot drink the tap water at the resorts or the fountain water at the parks, it is terrible to me. I always just request free ice water at QS locations and fill my water bottle at the food court of my hotel. I used to bring a Brita bottle, but as long as you're getting water from QS locations, it's filtered so it tastes fine.

I know this used to be a thing, and I am wondering if anything has changed in recent years.
I think how the water tastes depends on where you are staying. We stayed at Poly and thought the water tasted awful, but moved over to AK and although is doesn't taste as good as at home it was better than at Poly.

We were there in November with our refillable water bottles, no filters. We never had a problem drinking the tap water. We filled our bottles at All Star Music and probably at all 4 parks.

Depends where you get it, its filtered out of the soda machines. Some water fountains were better than others. We still brought out filter water bottles, they are on ebay I got my new 2 for 8.00 free shipping. Plus we use them all the time at home.

Interesting thread. I guess I never really thought about it. It's not really refreshing to drink from the water fountains in 90 degree heat, but other than that, I never thought the water was particularly good or bad. It kind of just tasted like water to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter