tap water in the cabins - ok to drink?

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
can I drink the tap water from the sink in the cabin or is it pretty gross tasting? my husband and I both daily take meds and a fiber supplement that we need to mix in a glass of water. I don't want to have to buy a water package in order to do this and I understand that bringing bottled water on in your checked bags is not allowed. I am thinking tap water with some ice would be sufficient but if the consensus is that the tap water is pretty bad, I will try to come up with a different plan. (keep in mind that as I type this I am sipping on water from the fountain at work....in Philly. pretty sure it is pulled right from the schuylkill river and run thru a coffee filter before it gets to me.)

The tap water on board ships is very pure since it uses the same process that most bottled waters use.

I concur with the previous poster. The tap water on the ships are completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by US and European health agencies. Some passengers might say that the water in the restaurants and bars taste different than what comes out of the cabin bathroom but as it turns out its all the same water.

All the water to drink is the same.

It's not OK for me and DH, however. Something about it makes us swell like crazy. Not sure if desalinated just doesn't mean UNsalinated, or if taking all the minerals out of the water messes with our systems, but when we drink the tap water onboard, we swell like crazy. When we bring our own SPRING water or buy the Evian spring bottled water onboard (we never waste our time with filtered municipal bottled water as the water onboard was just compared to...there's utterly no point to such things as Dasani or Aquafina), we don't swell.

I too have to mix the tap with my supplement in the morning and did not have a problem with it. Didn't "swell" also.

I'm a pretty picky water drinker and ship water is fine with me. I have never noticed a difference between the bathroom tap and anywhere else, except for temperature.

I have the cabin steward bring ice to the room each night. It melts into a nice cool glass of water. I don't drink from the bathroom tap. It's more of a psych thing for me. It's next to the toilet which grosses me out.

Bring a reusable bottle or large tumbler with you (the cups offered in drink areas are thimbles to any substantial water drinker) and you can fill it with ice water and keep it in your cabin.

Of course you can just use the bathroom tap if tepid water doesn't bother you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter