Target and Disney Gift Cards!!!

GrandMum

Mouseketeer
I went to Target today to purchase some gift cards using my Red Card and was told they no longer give the 5% discount on gift card purchases. This must have been a recent change since I had gotten some earlier this month.

I went to Target today to purchase some gift cards using my Red Card and was told they no longer give the 5% discount on gift card purchases. This must have been a recent change since I had gotten some earlier this month.

I just went to the Target website and put a Disney e-gift card in my cart. At checkout it showed the 5% discount being applied when using my Red Card. So hopefully this is a misunderstanding and not true!

Our local Target isn't selling Disney gift cards anymore, so I've had to order them online the last several months. I've ordered the e-gift cards, not the physical ones.

You must have gotten a new employee. Disney gift cards count as "entertainment cards" at Target and do qualify for the 5% discount. You certainly could have asked to speak to a manager. They would have fixed the error.

Disney is coded as and "entertainment card" which is why the 5% has worked. Did you actually try to check out with the Disney cards? I'm curious if the system still allows it, but the cashier was misinformed.

I went to customer service after the cashier said it wouldn't work any more and was told the same thing. Interesting hearing other's experience. I will be going to check on that again.

I went to customer service after the cashier said it wouldn't work any more and was told the same thing. Interesting hearing other's experience. I will be going to check on that again.
Ask for a manager or team leader in duty!!

Maybe they were confused? Targets in my area are doing a funrun promotion until the 28th which involves a scannable on the app for an additional 5% off your purchase but that 5% is not for use on gift cards. I just bought a card this past week and put it towards my vacay and my regular 5% worked just fine.

I've been told that before once or twice and found that it worked anyhow. It's not a special code or anything we just made the purchase and it came off when I used my card. Now that it's become so popular I won't be surprised that it will be taken away someday, but it doesn't seem to be the case yet.

Maybe they were confused? Targets in my area are doing a funrun promotion until the 28th which involves a scannable on the app for an additional 5% off your purchase but that 5% is not for use on gift cards. I just bought a card this past week and put it towards my vacay and my regular 5% worked just fine.

I just got back from Target and it appears that it was because of the funrun promotion. My entire purchase was incorrect. The cashier didn't enter the clothing discount and somehow messed up the funrun and the regular red card discount. Customer services had to completely re-do my purchases and get all the discounts straightened out.
So, yes there is still a 5% discount on the purchase of Disney gift cards.

I was at Target this weekend and did not get the 5% discount on the Disney Giftcards. Last month, I purchased them online and got the 5% automatically applied. I just wanted to have an actual physical gift card on hand. Guess I'll be buying the rest online.

I was at Target this weekend and did not get the 5% discount on the Disney Giftcards. Last month, I purchased them online and got the 5% automatically applied. I just wanted to have an actual physical gift card on hand. Guess I'll be buying the rest online.

I just bought my last gift card at Target for my upcoming trip and got the 5% off. It doesn't show on the receipt next to the gift card, but is included in the Red Card discount by the total.

If you have any Disney gift cards (even if they have a zero balance), you can register both the physical gift card and the e-gift card and then “transfer” the funds from the e-gift card to the physical gift card. I do this all the time so that I don’t keep getting physical gift cards.

I also paid $10 to get an online BJ’s account and I buy gift cards from them for a 4% discount ($500 card for $479.99). I purchase it with my Disney Visa so I get 1% back in Disney rewards so it is essentially a 5% discount as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!