Target Gift Card Problem

About a month ago, Miejer had a 10% off the purchase of select gift cards. Disney was one of the included gift cards. You could load from $25 to $500 on each card. We bought 4 $200 cards and saved $80 dollars.

It pays to pay attention to ads, even for stores you don't normally shop.

There is some good news, though. You can now buy $200 and $500 Disney e-giftcards online. Combining all those 100's was a bit of a chore, so the 500 option especially is a nice time savings!

I think I saw on another post that if you purchase these larger ones online with the Target Red Card you will in fact get the 5% off. Anyone know if that is correct?

I think I saw on another post that if you purchase these larger ones online with the Target Red Card you will in fact get the 5% off. Anyone know if that is correct?

Yes, hence my joy over the new options. :) It shows the discount at checkout.

There is some good news, though. You can now buy $200 and $500 Disney e-giftcards online. Combining all those 100's was a bit of a chore, so the 500 option especially is a nice time savings!
How do you use an e-gift card, and how do you combine it onto a plastic card? You say you can get 5 percent off Target e-gift cards off larger denominations with your Red card online?
Thanks in advance.

How do you use an e-gift card, and how do you combine it onto a plastic card? You say you can get 5 percent off Target e-gift cards off larger denominations with your Red card online?
Thanks in advance.

It issues you the same type of card number and pin you'd get with a physical card. You can transfer, combine, etc. the balances at https://www.disneygiftcard.com.

You can transfer to or from a plastic card or egift card.

Target's ad insert for tomorrow has gift cards listed, including Disney, and specifies that if you use your Target credit card you get back 5%.

Target's ad insert for tomorrow has gift cards listed, including Disney, and specifies that if you use your Target credit card you get back 5%.
Is there any other "deal" on the Disney cards at Target tomorrow, or is it just the 5% with the Target CC?

That's nothing new. You always get 5% off when you use your Target credit card. Always.

Is there any other "deal" on the Disney cards at Target tomorrow, or is it just the 5% with the Target CC?
Nope, that's the only deal. Was it last year they had some deal about getting some money off with the purchase of multiple gift cards?

Nope, that's the only deal. Was it last year they had some deal about getting some money off with the purchase of multiple gift cards?
That I don't know Carl. Thanks for the reply!:)

You used to be able to buy the target gift cards during that 10% promo and then use those to buy Disney gift cards. That doesn't work any more, though.

You used to be able to buy the target gift cards during that 10% promo and then use those to buy Disney gift cards. That doesn't work any more, though.
A couple years ago there was a deal where if you bought 2 disney gift cards you got a $5 target gift card. Many of us were able to buy several $25 gift cards and then combine all the $5 Target gift cards to buy more disney cards. I think it has been at least 2 years since they offered that may have even been 3 yrs

A couple years ago there was a deal where if you bought 2 disney gift cards you got a $5 target gift card. Many of us were able to buy several $25 gift cards and then combine all the $5 Target gift cards to buy more disney cards. I think it has been at least 2 years since they offered that may have even been 3 yrs
Yep, that was it. The problem was that every Target sold out of the lower denomination gift cards very rapidly LOL.

FWIW, if you have time to space out purchases over time, you can add a Disney gift card to an everyday purchase that has at least as much in regular merchandise and use the Target card. I bought $50+ in stuff and a $50 Disney card and paid with a Target card. I knew the Disney card was free :smooth: but the cashier didn’t bat an eye.
I suppose $900 would be another matter...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter