Target Reloadable RedCard

Paulaparm

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have experience with this? My nearest Target is over half hour away so I don’t get there often, but I can certainly purchase e-gift cards. I was pretty sure their debit card would be a good choice for me but when I just went online, I saw they have a reloadable RedCard that also looks like it will work. I only really anticipate using it to buy Disney gift cards before a trip.
Any thoughts?
Thank you!

I’m not sure what a reloadable Red Card would be, but Target is only 15 minutes from my house, and I almost never go there. I just use my RC to buy Disney e-GCs only when I need them, which works great!

I’m not sure what a reloadable Red Card would be, but Target is only 15 minutes from my house, and I almost never go there. I just use my RC to buy Disney e-GCs only when I need them, which works great!
It's a reloadable gift card that gets the benefits of a RedCard. I have one, I don't want to link a RedCard to my bank account or take the hit of a new account for a credit version. I can take my cash I get paid for things and add it to the card for basics. Gives me a benefit for using cash.

I signed up for the reloadable where you spend $50 get a $50 gift certificate. It was a pain in the butt to add money, because I don't ever actually go to target unless I am shopping for a trip in store. So I added the money from a bank account, which made me do the trial deposits first. So I made my $50 purchase and have yet to see my $50 rebate which is supposed to come in the mail.

I signed up for the reloadable where you spend $50 get a $50 gift certificate. It was a pain in the butt to add money, because I don't ever actually go to target unless I am shopping for a trip in store. So I added the money from a bank account, which made me do the trial deposits first. So I made my $50 purchase and have yet to see my $50 rebate which is supposed to come in the mail.
How long have you been waiting for the rebate? That was one of the reasons I was going to get this…

I haven't seen an offer where the rebate is mailed. The current one is a credit to the account within 30 days. When I did it, the $50 credit applied to my account within 3 weeks (about 21 days) of the $50 charge.

Does anyone have experience with this? My nearest Target is over half hour away so I don’t get there often, but I can certainly purchase e-gift cards. I was pretty sure their debit card would be a good choice for me but when I just went online, I saw they have a reloadable RedCard that also looks like it will work. I only really anticipate using it to buy Disney gift cards before a trip.
Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Either would work. With the Reloadable you just have to have the money in the account before you purchase. You can fund from your bank, setup direct deposit, or add cash in store.
With the linked debit card, they do an electronic funds transfer from your linked checking account which, IME, happened within a few days. It's been a couple years since I used the debit version so maybe it's faster now, but it's not an instant withdrawal.

There had been reports in the past of Target declining purchases with the debit version even though there was sufficient cash to cover the purchase. But at the time, Target doesn't have the same visibility into your account like your bank debit card. So there would be limits in place on either the amount or number of transactions until you established a pattern. If that's still an issue, I would think the Reloadable eliminates that since it knows exactly what's available in the account.

So it's down to comfort and convenience level. I have limited experience. I picked it up for the $50 promotion, which is on again until May 4. But I also have the credit card so that's where I put most of my Target spend.

I haven't seen an offer where the rebate is mailed. The current one is a credit to the account within 30 days. When I did it, the $50 credit applied to my account within 3 weeks (about 21 days) of the $50 charge.
I just checked my balance and have not seen a bonus applied, the terms say it will be mailed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326_190119_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_190119_Chrome.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
You're right, I read the wrong terms. Thank you I'll check my account again in a week or so!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326_190758_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240326_190758_Chrome.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks everyone! I think I’m gonna go with the reloadable and start buying those gift cards! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter