Tarzan comes to Broadway

Honestly, I'm not the least bit excited about this. Bring "Hunchback" over here from Germany and then you'll see me there, but Tarzan's music didn't win me over.

Some of the cast from On the Record auditioned. They don't know yet who will get what I guess. The lead younger lady in that musical will be playing Belle on Broadway when the On The Record production is done traveling.

This really makes me very, very sad. I had heard rumors about The Little Mermaid, and I would have been fine with that. If they made Hunchback though, I think I would die from joy. I would honestly fly to NY to see it (rather than wait for it to come to Chicago). The music is absolutely wonderful. Stephen Schwartz has constantly mentioned that it's one of his favorites in terms of music, and hoped it would go to Broadway. Um, considering the success of Wicked, maybe someone should listen to the man.

Tarzan though is terrible. The music was, um, lackluster to say the least. For me that was the beginning of the end for the 'New' Disney animated movies. What is Disney thinking?

Edit: Does anyone know where I can find phone numbers or addresses to the people in charge of Disney Theatrical. I am really mad about this. ...that makes me sad, right? :rolleyes:

I heard about this a while ago from someone. I also heard that Adam Pascal would play the narrator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter