Tattoos?

battymum

DIS Veteran
Something else I just learnt - apparently tattoos are frowned upon in Japan - my DH has quite a large tattoo on his upper arm - easily covered by a tshirt, but might peak out if he raises his arm, anyone heard of people being turned away from the parks because of tattoos?

No, I would definitely make sure he covers it up, but I don't think he would be kicked out of the parks for it.

The main places people run into problems are public bath houses/pools. Tattoos are typically worn by gang members/mafia in Japan which is why they are frowned upon.

I have tattoos all the way to my wrist. I have never had a problem in the Disney parks, but it is true that I cannot enter bath houses, onsens and water parks.

Apart from the bath houses, onsens, water parks and that odd look by the elderly once in a while on the trains, I've never ran into any other problems in Japan.

Been to Tokyo Disney Resort a lot of times now in my T-shirt and never once was I not allowed to enter the park. Hope this helps.

And if you are super worried about it, cover it with an ace bandage. Like the other posters have said, it will be the onsen/water parks/spas/pools that you might have an issue.

I am in Okinawa, some of the places are more relaxed with the Yankees and other places are very strict with everyone. You should be fine.

It has to do with the history of gangs here. People with tattoos are in gangs. Like I said earlier, it kinda will depend on the person but sometimes "Yankees" or forgeiners may or may not be excused or ignored with the tattoos. But if you have them, you need to be ready to cover them up.

finishedtatt.jpg

tatttoo-1-2.jpg

I have two large tattoos on my back and most of the time they are covered, but on ocassion I do wear a tank top. I have worn a tanktop to the parks before and been allowed in with no problems. If you don't mind the looks then you should be fine. It's funny though that atleast one time while waiting in line the people behind me have spotted the two hidden Mickeys and asked about them.:)

It has to do with the history of gangs here. People with tattoos are in gangs. Like I said earlier, it kinda will depend on the person but sometimes "Yankees" or forgeiners may or may not be excused or ignored with the tattoos. But if you have them, you need to be ready to cover them up.

Allright. Typical past ruins our present. :-(

I have spent ages studying those pictures - am i going to be able to spot the hidden mickeys in the photo? :confused3

Rotate them upside down and look at them from that view. The smaller Tattoo has a true clear Hidden Mickey...The bigger one isn't as clear as he didn't do it like I wanted.:offtopic:

Well I look quite the site -at my desk trying to stand on my head and look at your pics. :rotfl2:

Is it in the blossoms? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter