Tax percentage on room only booking?

Wubar

Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.
Does anyone know what the resort tax should be if I book a room through Disney? A reservation I had previously booked has a tax percentage of 12.5%. But if I place a separate room only reservation in my cart, Disney calculates that tax at 13.5%? Why is there a difference?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the resort tax should be if I book a room through Disney? A reservation I had previously booked has a tax percentage of 12.5%. But if I place a separate room only reservation in my cart, Disney calculates that tax at 13.5%? Why is there a difference?

Depends on the resort. Most WDW resorts are 12.5% and the All Stars are 13.5% because they are in a different county.

Thanks dansdad and shoes99! I'm fairly certain I would have never figured that out on my own.

LOL.. I'm pretty sure I'd never notice a 1% difference in their room rates ;)
Hey now AngiTN, I have an accounting background, I'm programmed to notice stuff like that! I have to know if Disney accidentally overcharged me 1%, so I can request additional toiletries and steal extra napkins to make up the difference. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter