Tax season, more IRS phone call scams

lynxstch

I Love Figment
My phone just rang. I picked it up without looking at caller ID. There's a recording in full swing, telling me that I have 4 outstanding warrants for my arrest from the IRS. That if I don't call the # they provide within 24 hours, I will be arrested. I knew it was a scam, but hit the record button and then called the #. I get a guy who can barely speak English, (had an Indian accent). It was so noisy in the background it sounded like a call center. He answers "IRS". I said oh really, he says yes. Give me your name and SS # and I will try and help you. I said NO. He says huh? I said NO again, and I continue, saying, furthermore ,I have now recorded this entire conversation, and am reporting it to the Attorney General's office in my state. I hear a big pause, then slam, as he hangs up.
I feel bad for people who don't know that these morons are scammers, just trying to get your personal information.
Just beware, that they are on the loose again, lol!

My phone just rang. I picked it up without looking at caller ID. There's a recording in full swing, telling me that I have 4 outstanding warrants for my arrest from the IRS. That if I don't call the # they provide within 24 hours, I will be arrested. I knew it was a scam, but hit the record button and then called the #. I get a guy who can barely speak English, (had an Indian accent). It was so noisy in the background it sounded like a call center. He answers "IRS". I said oh really, he says yes. Give me your name and SS # and I will try and help you. I said NO. He says huh? I said NO again, and I continue, saying, furthermore ,I have now recorded this entire conversation, and am reporting it to the Attorney General's office in my state. I hear a big pause, then slam, as he hangs up.
I feel bad for people who don't know that these morons are scammers, just trying to get your personal information.
Just beware, that they are on the loose again, lol!
Yep, it's stuff like this that made me finally invest my money tax-free with a nice Nigerian fellow who has been emailing me...

I got an IRS scam call this week as well. I always google numbers I dont recognize so I had a heads up on it before I listened to the scary/threatening VM they left me.

I get no less than 4 or 5 of these calls a week, and it’s been going on a long time. So annoying. I always just hang up or let it go to voicemail, then block the caller, but it’s a different number from different cities and states each time.

Unfortunately, there must be enough people who fall for it to make the scam worthwhile. I think they prey on the elderly and recent immigrants. If you want a laugh, search youtube for “IRS scammers” and you can watch lots of folks having fun with them.

I've had a couple IRS calls. Phone never rings just shows up as a missed call with a voicemail.
Sooo this morning, Richard Webber from IRS called me and left one of those messages. Normally I ignore them but today decided to call him back. As soon as he answered I started asking him (in a loud old lady hillbilly voice) if he was the Richard Webber from Grey's Anatomy, lol. Told him I didn't understand why he would give up a job on Grey's as cheif of surgery to go work for IRS. Asked him more about that and he hung up. I called right back and got same guy. I started again with the Grey's references, telling him I knew Meredith Grey and why did he have an affair with her mother and all sorts of things interspersed with loud cackly laughs. He hung up again and I called back, got a woman this time and started asking where Richard was and loudly explained the whole Grey's Anatomy plot line til she hung up too.
Maybe if he hadn't said his name was Richard Webber I would have let it go, lol.

I got an IRS scam call this week as well. I always google numbers I dont recognize so I had a heads up on it before I listened to the scary/threatening VM they left me.

I would like to know how they have the nerve to leave messages like that on people's phones. The one that called me didn't even use anyone's name- just launched into the scary /threatening message. I wonder how THEY would like getting a message like that on their phones!

I would like to know how they have the nerve to leave messages like that on people's phones. The one that called me didn't even use anyone's name- just launched into the scary /threatening message. I wonder how THEY would like getting a message like that on their phones!

I agree! If I hadn't googled the number first and read through a few different pages of complaints I would have been very nervous to receive a message like that!

This is really easy and free and works for all VOIP phones, no landlines :-(

http://nomorobo.com/

We never get scam calls cause nomorobo zaps it before it can get thru to us/

Reactions: Iya
i'm getting measured for a stripe suit. Got double digit warrants on me. Getting tired of waiting. Got my bag packed and they still haven't showed up to arrest me.

Without a land line any more, I miss these calls and the ones from Windows, too.

What are you doing? It's like saying Beetlejuice, if you mention it they will come -- and they have been looking for me for a few years now, arrest warrants and everything!

Nobody knows me, you've never heard of me and I haven't been seen anywhere near here.

It's funny, my phone now says "Scam Likely" when I'm receiving calls from scammers. I've gotten 2 just today. I answered the second time, just to see what it was and it was exactly how you described. I was tempted to call them back but I'm already crabby enough today.

It's funny, my phone now says "Scam Likely" when I'm receiving calls from scammers. I've gotten 2 just today. I answered the second time, just to see what it was and it was exactly how you described. I was tempted to call them back but I'm already crabby enough today.

We've got some of the scam calls ringing through as Suspected Spam on the caller ID. We all rush to answer those calls.

I just noticed this today! I got home and was checking caller ID on home phone and saw a number with SPAM? in front of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter