Taxi into Paris

Pre

Mouseketeer
I have a question...ok i'm sure I have a million more, but this is one question I have right now. :)

We will be staying at Vienna House Dream Castle in August. On the 14th we want to go to sacre coeur for mass at 6:30pm. (That's when mass starts) I know that sacre coeur is on the top of a large hill with 400 stairs.

My question is i want to get a taxi for my mother in law so that she can go "directly" into the church, avoiding the majority of the stairs. She doesn't have much mobility but could walk up 10-15 stairs but not 400! I know that there is a funicular that will let us avoid maybe 300 steps, but then the last 100 would be the issue.

I was hoping, or thinking of getting a taxi from our hotel to the church for the 4 of us. So my questions are:

Will there be taxi's at vienna house? or should we go to the train station to get a taxi there? or should we prebook a shuttle service?

There wont be any taxis waiting at Dream Castle (or at any of the hotels), there may be at the train station but if there is a taxi rank its not a large one.
You will be best to prebook a shuttle however it will be expensive - its about an hours drive there.

Your other option is to take the RER train into Central Paris and get a taxi from there to Sacre Coeur

If money is no object, prebook a car via a service, there are plenty reviewed on TripAdvisor. Also, you can always preschedule an Uber to pick you up at the closest public area like the train station. That way, you dont have to wait for one.

Will you staying in Paris that night? If we didn’t have luggage the RER would have worked great. The car will cost about 110 euros.

Will you staying in Paris that night? If we didn’t have luggage the RER would have worked great. The car will cost about 110 euros.

We will probably take a taxi to the Eiffel Tower that same night so RER will work back. However going to church will be the isssue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter