taxi to DHS

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
Staying at universal and will do one disney day. Want to get to DHS EARLY. Better to take taxi to DHS or take to one of the epcot hotels? DOnt know where the drop off is. And is there extra charge if going to park? Will use uber. THanks!

Drop off is in the same area for taxi/Uber/Lyft. No extra charge. Uber/Lyft might be cheaper, and they will certainly be available.

It will probably be a little closer (and less expensive) to just go directly to DHS...and a lot quicker. No parking or dropoff fee.

You can get comparative prices from RideGuru or just enter your starting points and destination in your Uber app for a fare quote. Uber should be substantially less than a taxi.

Staying at universal and will do one disney day. Want to get to DHS EARLY. Better to take taxi to DHS or take to one of the epcot hotels? DOnt know where the drop off is. And is there extra charge if going to park? Will use uber. THanks!

It takes time and effort to get from the Epcot hotels to DHS, so I don't think it makes sense to Uber/Lyft/Taxi to there. If you are going to take the boat from resort to DHS, you could have a long wait and I think someone recently said it's a 20 minute ride. You could walk from Epcot hotel to DHS, but I don't know why you would want to in your situation.

(When people talk about taking Uber/Lyft to a resort rather than directly to a park, they usually are trying to get to Magic Kingdom. Uber and Lyft cannot go directly to the Magic Kingdom, they can only go as far as the Transportation & Ticket Center and you have to monorail or boat from there to Magic Kingdom. So people will Uber/Lyft to Contemporary and walk to Magic Kingdom from there.)

Thanks to your advice we did get on rise of the resistance. We did arrive late as DD could not get up but glad we went straight to DHS although traffic before 7 am was horrendous at entrance and we ended up on a backup boarding group but we got called during dinner!!
Ride was great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!