Taylor trip day 2

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
Well, we woke up early, and spent the extra time having in bed birthday cuddles with Mackenzie ! We decided to have a happy 9 Th. birthday ! It was another pretty day weather wise. In fact Dave and Kinz both wore shorts. We headed out the door and to DL. Here is a big tip, buy your passes before you go ! those ticket lines were incredible ! Of course we bypassed them and walked to the gates.We had a 30 min wait until they opened Main St. Then we were the first people against the rope right by the Camera shop. Once we had our spots, Kinz and I headed back to the Bakery to get some treats to eat while we waited.
Not ! I took one look at that line and knew it would take the whole 30 min ! Well Kinz looked at me and said ??? Mom can I go back with Dad ? ???. Oh, gosh my first testing of having a 9 year old ! Dad was most of Main St away??????So I took a deep breath ,and asked her if she really felt she could find her Dad???she gave me a look of pity and said ??? Of course ???, so I let her go ! I also had her tell Dave that I would meet them at Alice.
So, I had 30 minutes of standing in this lovely line, hoping my child was safe???.but I got those muffins and COFFEE ! I finished up just as they were making the announcements for the 10:00 opening, I could see Dave and Kinz ( thank you Lord ) but couldn???t get to them.
Well, the rope dropped and in no time at all we met up at Alice. I got a little good natured ribbing from people for jumping the line to meet up ! Well, we got the butt ugly chartreuse caterpillar???.Kinz exclaimed ??? Oh we got a new color caterpillar ! This is going to be a great day ! ??? That???s my girl. She also rode in front by herself for the first time. Next she wanted to go to Mr. Toad, and ride that by herself ! Then onto the teacups!
dlteacup.jpg

After that it was time to get ourselves over to Frontierland to be in place to meet Michelle ! So we strolled over and sat in this great little nook to the left of where the Steam ship is docked, and ate chocolate chip muffins.
dlriver.jpg

Next was a bathroom break ! There is a great set of bathrooms that are shared by both Frontierland and Adventure land. The two Lands are separated by maybe 20 feet at this point???.and for some reason it still works. There is no blending of the themes. This is one of my favorite things about DL. Everything is so close, but the theme integrity is perfect.
Well, from the potties???to Michelle ! We walked back to River Belle Terrace, and easily picked the cute petite blonde out of the crowd ! Well, soon we are chatting away, somewhere along the line got food ( remember that the Taylor???s had spoiled their appetites ) and ended up eating outside. Dave had a nice fruit plate, Kinz had a kids meal, a peanut butter sandwich and corn chips, both shaped like Mickey !
Well, Judy and Michelle are appropriately dressed for the weather???..but the birthday girl in shorts requested a table change to inside ! So Michelle graciously moved with us ! Unfortunately when we went to move, Kinz knocked over her milk. This is one of the few things that will bring on an ??? Autistic moment ??? So for the rest of the meal she was pretty discombobulated. Well, we had some lap time and a little positive talk from Mom, and she pulled out of it. Michelle put up with our mini crisis , and gave me the scoop on all of the DIS er???s she???s met !
Well, we were in the happiest place on earth???so we decided to go see some rowdy Pirates ! ??? The girls??? got the front of the boat, and we had a good ride, although Kinz had a little residual testiness when our boat would touch the boat in front of ours ??? Mom tell those people to hurry up and get out of our way ??? ! Then we went onto Haunted mansion???where Kinz chose to ride with Michelle ! Well, since Michelle usually has her precious Samantha with her at DL ( and she is not a coaster fan ) , we wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain???so what happens???my child decides she doesn???t want to ride it either !
dlmichelle.jpg

Luckily we just told the ride operator we needed to do a child swap, and it went fine. Michelle has a real cute scream??????Well it was time for Michelle to leave, so we decided to head out with her for our break too. Of course I have to show Michelle the hydrangeas on the way out ! It was a great morning, with even better company !

We returned to the Happy Kingdom, I really wanted to see the new parade, especially since I loved the ???pomp and Circumstance ??? song from Fantasia2000. I had a great plan to see it???..and it worked ! We waited until we could hear it coming ( second parade so it was heading toward Small World) then got in line for the teacups. While standing in line we had a perfect view, then ?? through we got on the ride???.we didn???t spin and all the characters , including Alice herself, would come up to the ride fence to wave and say Hi. Since the parade was ending a few floats even sat stopped in front. One of these was the Tarzan float. Oh my goodness ! This man was just wearing a loincloth ! He was so good looking, and you could literally see almost all of him ! I was a little shocked that you could see his buttock ! All in all we loved the parade???but it helps when you don???t have any wait.
We had made plans to meet Mary Jo, Kelly and Nick 30 minutes prior to the fireworks???.of course they were right on time ! And, they are o sweet they came with a wrapped birthday present and card for Kinz. The card was created on their computer, and had a picture of when we were playing in the fountain. The present had a great Mickey shirt, and a Figaro pin that matched the plush that Kinz had bought with her Birthday money.

Both Mary Jo and I had heard that you needed to be by the Castle to see the fireworks at their best, so we choose a spot to the left of the castle by the Carnation Plaza ( ?) where they do the swing dancing. It was a nice spot because the company was great, but there were some trees that obscured the view a little. The fireworks were just beautiful???the most vivid colors, they just painted the sky. They also seemed to just hang in the sky for a long time while they fell, but that could be because they would shoot so many at a time.
When the fireworks ended we used the path where we were to go to adventure land???.and onto Indy ! We had almost a 30 minute wait, but I really enjoyed having the time to appreciate the Queue, and of course chattering away with the Mellados ! Then we went onto the Haunted mansion???..at this time Kelley made a great discovery ! The park closed to the public at 10 PM that night???..but it would be open to the California Scholarship Organization until 12 am ! So, if we did not leave the park, the CM said it would be fine to stay the extra 2 hours. They called it a ???Mix in ???.
Well, not ones to waste time, we hightailed it over for a couple of rides on Space Mountain !

Well, the excitement of her birthday Hit Mackenzie, so she and Dave left for bed. I went with Mary Jo et al, to the Ice cream parlor???.yes I was inspired by Larry to Have Fantasia Ice cream. I liked it, it reminded me of burgundy Cherrie. We , had a lovely quiet time with the patio to ourselves, looking over the lights of main St. Then it was time to go??????..sniff.

On a trip many moons ago, we were doing the tea cup ride during the parade - the characters waving to us. Thanks for posting!

thanks so much for the kind words, I haven't looked at this forever, I don't know what is up with all the ????? I certainly didn't type them !

stpat2.gif

Join us at the
Boise DIS meet
on Saint Paddy's day !
E-mail me for more info...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter