TDL in December

wongck

WDW here we come!!
Will be going this December.
Is there any good tested touring plans for TDL & TDS ?

My strategies are the following for each parks. One common thing to both parks is that unless you stay at a Disney hotel and have Magic 15 Entry, arrive 60-90 minutes before the park opens with tickets in hand. Buy your ticket online or a Disney store or at your hotel if you have a ticket counter there.

- Tokyo Disneyland: when the park opens, quickly walk toward World Bazaar and make a right as soon as you can. You'll arrive in Tomorrowland near Monsters Inc. and the fast pass machines will be on the left. Grab a fast pass and note the time. Then, quickly go past Space Mountain, past the construction walls and you'll arrive at Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Get in the stand-by line and you should be able to get in and out within 20-30 minutes. Now, return to Space Mountain and evaluate the line. How long is it? 40 minutes or less, get in line, else, score a fast pass later. Now, look at your stand-by return time and see when it is. If it is for later than 2 hours, be exactly two hours after you grabbed your first fast pass near Pooh's fast pass machines and get a fast pass for that. The hardest fast pass to grab at this point is Big Thunder Mountain. If you don't want to reride Pooh, get one for BTM instead. Splash Mountain has an efficient single riders line, so use that instead of taking a fast pass slot for that. Next, ride fast passes and grab another one as soon as you can until every attraction runs out.

- Tokyo DisneySea: I need to test it out when I go to Tokyo DisneySea in 3 weeks, but here is something I'd try: Run to Soaring Fantastic Flight. Its to the right of Mediterranean Harbor as you pass under the hotel. This is where I am hesitating: run to Tower of Terror for standby after? Run to Journey instead for standby? I'll let you know once I test it out.

Thanks for the reply
It's our 1st time in TDL, but we are pretty commando style touring for our WDW, DLR and 2 years ago 1st time HKDL.
We will be there are staying off site, so no Happy 15.
Totally overwhelmed by a totally new layout & attractions. I have just started reading about it here and there but some blogs are like years old and may even be wrong in 2019.
Thanks again for your hints on getting FP and ride to do first.

I would run to Soarin as it's new :) I think that would be a priority

Any tested touring plans will soon be out of date due to the launch of digital FP.

I assume that the likely choice for TDS will be to pull a Soaring FP as you run towards either Tower of Terror or Journey, skipping Toy Story Mania.
For TDL, most likely, it will be to rope drop Pooh while grabbing Monsters Inc FP on your phone. Peter Pan after Pooh, then Haunted Mansion.

Assuming you lose the lotteries and want to see the shows, make sure you arrive early enough for the first shows of Big Band Beat and One Man's Dream. Or not worry about One Man's Dream at all if you're there after Dec 13.

We are there 1st half of Dec so will try to get into both shows if possible. Looks like 4 days pass for us now, better deal as it's about 2-3 years wait (reads saving) for a Disney vacation. :sad1:

Any tested touring plans will soon be out of date due to the launch of digital FP.
Digital FP.... wow yeah.
When we were at WDW, they just started the FP+ and due to timezone, my bookings were haywired.
And when we were at DLR, we just missed that MAX thing by couple of months.
So this round, I hope to miss it too so the strategies will not be obsoleted. Man.... I sure hope not because I just read that it's in Japanese :sad:

- Tokyo Disneyland: when the park opens, quickly walk toward World Bazaar and make a right as soon as you can. You'll arrive in Tomorrowland near Monsters Inc. and the fast pass machines will be on the left. Grab a fast pass and note the time. Then, quickly go past Space Mountain, past the construction walls and you'll arrive at Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Get in the stand-by line and you should be able to get in and out within 20-30 minutes. Now, return to Space Mountain and evaluate the line. How long is it? 40 minutes or less, get in line, else, score a fast pass later. Now, look at your stand-by return time and see when it is. If it is for later than 2 hours, be exactly two hours after you grabbed your first fast pass near Pooh's fast pass machines and get a fast pass for that. The hardest fast pass to grab at this point is Big Thunder Mountain. If you don't want to reride Pooh, get one for BTM instead. Splash Mountain has an efficient single riders line, so use that instead of taking a fast pass slot for that. Next, ride fast passes and grab another one as soon as you can until every attraction runs out.

Working on my TDL plan.
So SM is closed on the days we are there and to do most rides, we will not do a 2nd Pooh ride, guess it will be BTM then.
Thanks.

Working on my TDL plan.
So SM is closed on the days we are there and to do most rides, we will not do a 2nd Pooh ride, guess it will be BTM then.
Thanks.

You are missing nothing if you have been on SM in DLR. It's the same exact track, but with no on board audio. Its kind of creepy to be honest without the music.

With fastpasses at TDR, me and SO prefer them to be paper. They make great souvenirs. When the CM asks for them, just say "keep" and they will punch a hole in the FP for you to keep. We mainly went for the unique TDR rides to collect the paper fastpasses.

Thanks for the hint on keeping the FP.

Unfortunately for us, we want to do all rides even for those we been on before elsewhere. reason is that we do not go to Disney yearly and so need to soak up as much as possible when we get to one.

You are missing nothing if you have been on SM in DLR. It's the same exact track, but with no on board audio. Its kind of creepy to be honest without the music.

With fastpasses at TDR, me and SO prefer them to be paper. They make great souvenirs. When the CM asks for them, just say "keep" and they will punch a hole in the FP for you to keep. We mainly went for the unique TDR rides to collect the paper fastpasses.
I love our shelf that has all of our paper FPS

Paper FP are not available at TDR anymore. The machines issue fastpass reminders on white paper stock (no ride-specific theming) but the CMs don't collect that. You scan your ticket when you enter the FP line.

Paper FP are not available at TDR anymore. The machines issue fastpass reminders on white paper stock (no ride-specific theming) but the CMs don't collect that. You scan your ticket when you enter the FP line.
Wow I’m glad we managed to get there right before they changed that. The ride themed FPS are so cute

Welp, time to put the FP in a frame then... lol.

I too will be back at TDR early December. I'm wondering what the fast pass and stand by priorities should be after getting Soaring FPs first thing in the morning?

I used to go from TSM FPs , to ToT on standby , then JtCotE FPs, then 10k leagues on standby, then Indy FPs

From the real Disney site, looks like FP for soaring & TSMM are gone within 15 mins or so.
So pulling paper FP will be out.
I attempt to look at the app sometime this week , needs 2 phones... one for Google translate :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!