TDR app and digital fp guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downdata

Earning My Ears
Is there an online guide for the Japanese version of the app for non-japanese speakers? And how the new digital fastpass system works on the app?

I'm pretty sure the Disneyland app is only available in the Japan iTunes store and only in Japanese.

TDR Explorer posted photos of the guide (in Japanese) which is available in the parks.

As it's difficult to get the Disneyland app, I'm not sure TDR Explorer or anyone else plans to publish an English guide to using it.

Im sure it works the same way Shanghai or Disneyland MaxPass does. You just need to know how to navigate or know where the FP menu is.

There's lots of guides on how to get foreign apps on smartphones on the internet that you can follow. Then you'll need to create a Japanese Disney account. I think TDR explorer has a guide which translates the forms for dinner reservations. The things you need for a Japanese Disney account are pretty much the same. After that, you sign in on the app and pull Fastpasses. There's a Fastpass symbol on the home page and on the pages for relevant attractions so I think it's pretty straightforward once you get to this point.

Is there an online guide for the Japanese version of the app for non-japanese speakers? And how the new digital fastpass system works on the app?
I'm pretty sure the Disneyland app is only available in the Japan iTunes store and only in Japanese.

TDR Explorer posted photos of the guide (in Japanese) which is available in the parks.

As it's difficult to get the Disneyland app, I'm not sure TDR Explorer or anyone else plans to publish an English guide to using it.
TDR Explorer said he's working on a video guide. He's in Hong Kong right now though, so some delays for that. But I'm looking forward to seeing his perspective and tips!

Im sure it works the same way Shanghai or Disneyland MaxPass does. You just need to know how to navigate or know where the FP menu is.
You also need to have an actual account and sign in via the app. I was able to make one online for ADRs, but haven't had luck yet signing into the app using it.

It's actually a little more complicated. The Shanghai app is in English and available in the US itunes store, but the Japan one isn't. You have to switch to the Japanese itunes store and then d/l it.

The Japanese always like to make things "special" a.k.a. overly complicated :upsidedowo_O If you think western toy packaging is annoying . . . :rotfl2:

We went today to try out digital FP & it is extremely easy to use. Scan the tickets, tap the ride, confirm.

A video guide is not going to be useful to those who cannot download the app & do not have a Japanese Disney account, which requires a Japanese address & phone number. Plan to use the kiosks.

We went today to try out digital FP & it is extremely easy to use. Scan the tickets, tap the ride, confirm.

A video guide is not going to be useful to those who cannot download the app & do not have a Japanese Disney account, which requires a Japanese address & phone number. Plan to use the kiosks.

Were you able to test cross-park FP pulling? Ex: Would it be possible to get a FP for something like Tower of Terror while physically in Disneyland or do you have to be in the correct park?

Were you able to test cross-park FP pulling? Ex: Would it be possible to get a FP for something like Tower of Terror while physically in Disneyland or do you have to be in the correct park?
Yes but you have to physically enter both parks first.

So that's explain why Soarin FP were all gone in 10mins of park opening.
Looks like it is bad for me without that app :-(

So that's explain why Soarin FP were all gone in 10mins of park opening.
Looks like it is bad for me without that app :-(

Fast Passes lasted until 08:15 today. I used the app and was inside the park at 08:02 (got there at 06:15...). I pulled a 13:20-14:20 fast pass for Soaring.

Soaring has truly changed the game for fast passes as Tower of Terror has now moved to the 4th spot. You used to barely get a fast pass in the morning... Now? They lasted until 13:00 today. Wait times were lower too.

Journey to the Center of the Earth fast passes all dissapeared soon after 10:00 hit since people holding Soaring and Toy Story Mania ones all got theirs.

Soaring has truly changed the game for fast passes as Tower of Terror has now moved to the 4th spot. You used to barely get a fast pass in the morning... Now? They lasted until 13:00 today. Wait times were lower too.
Are you keeping scores yourself or there is a website to see these type of information.
Disneyreal seems to not have Soarin in the daily list but have it in live data.
Guess he is busy out in the park trying out that digital FP. LOL

Journey to the Center of the Earth fast passes all dissapeared soon after 10:00 hit since people holding Soaring and Toy Story Mania ones all got theirs.
How to get 3 FP in at 10am ?

Last edited:
How to get 3 FP in at 10am ?
[/QUOTE]
You get in first for Happy 15 and grab an 8:15AM Soaring fastpass on your phone. Once 8:15 hits, you grab your TSM fastpass. At 10:15, you can grab Journey to the Center of the Earth.

It is actually possible to get 20 Fastpasses by 10 AM since FP times increase in 5 minute increments and you can get your next FP as soon as your current time starts (assuming that hasn't changed since earlier this month).

Wow then it's a major loop hole there going digital, as it removes the need to be physically at the FP ticket booth.
In any case, foreigners who can't access the app is at the losing end.

I have a few doubts about this system.
Can I scan the ticket while I am in the queue before the park opens?
I suppose that FP only can be selected once the park is opened. However, will I be able to select a FP, while I am in the queue, or only once I am inside the park?
Thanks!

I have a few doubts about this system.
Can I scan the ticket while I am in the queue before the park opens?
I suppose that FP only can be selected once the park is opened. However, will I be able to select a FP, while I am in the queue, or only once I am inside the park?
Thanks!

I will answer myself. You are only able to scan the tickets, once you are inside the park. However, I don't know if this technology use your position in the GPS, or because you scan the ticket at the entrance machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!