TDR Package + Extra Nights +other questions.

orion2185

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are finally looking at visiting TDR resort (we are from Australia).

Have a question about TDR resort packages and staying extra nights.

According the TDR Explorers Ebook (must have for anyone interest in TDR resort).
TDR packages are only valid for 2 nights. Your not able to book 1 package for more than 2 nights.

We are looking at staying 5 - 6 nights at a Disney hotel.

How do you book a package and add extra hotel nights?
Or, do you just have to make 2 or more reservations and check in/out of your hotel each time?

Same with part tickets.
The 2 package comes with a 3 day park ticket.
So we assume that we just buy another ticket to make up the rest of the stay.

We are looking to visit after 23rd September to the first week in October.
At present we are able to book a package NOW.
However, a hotel only reservation is not bookable yet.

We have also read that your only able to book the Maracosta Hotel for max 2 night stay?
Is that true?
We can put 5 nights into the TDR online reservation and normally says sold out or you can book.
so thinking that might be old news?

How difficult is it to resort hop?
Might want to do a split stay between Disneyland Hotel and the Maracosta.
Maracosta is a must do for us...since it's the only hotel inside a Disney park.
But it does look like rooms with view can be hard to get and costly.

In addition, we are thinking of doing a few night stay before or after at Shanghai Disney, to make the trip more worth the travel.

Thank you!

You can't add extra nights. You have to make multiple reservations. If you book the same room type, they probably won't move you.

You don't have to buy another ticket. You can just add extra days to the one you have from the package.

There is no such 2-night limit.

Not difficult to resort hop. They will transfer luggage between those two hotels for you.

If you want Harbor View, you can't book it in an overseas package, so you need to be planning to grab that one as soon as reservations open.

You can't add extra nights. You have to make multiple reservations. If you book the same room type, they probably won't move you.

You don't have to buy another ticket. You can just add extra days to the one you have from the package.

There is no such 2-night limit.

Not difficult to resort hop. They will transfer luggage between those two hotels for you.

If you want Harbor View, you can't book it in an overseas package, so you need to be planning to grab that one as soon as reservations open.

Second this - we stayed at the Miracosta for 3 nights and Tokyo Disneyland for 2. It took a bit of pantomime acting to make clear that I wanted them to send my bags to the next hotel but once they got it they "magically" appeared in our new room on check-in. I am the kind of person who never lets my bag out of my sight and would rather take a small carry-on case than risk losing a bag in the plane hold so I was incredibly impressed with the service!

Also for Tokyo hotel bookings, some rooms book out very quickly so I'd recommend booking your hotels the very minute that they're released.

I have not officially stayed yet... we are visiting the very week you are asking about. However here is what we did. (Also we are from America so credit cards and how they work for you may vary, the whole process was really awful with our back and forth with Chase to secure the transaction) We booked 2 nights at the Mira Costa with the Entertainment and Attraction Package "side Harbor/Porto view" for the dates Sep 24-26. Then we did 2 Nights at the Disneyland Hotel with the Many Attractions Package "Beauty and the Beast Room" for the dates Sep 26-28. Both packages came to only $5000 USD. Which for everything I'm getting I feel it is worth it... ESPECIALLY for guaranteed Fast Passes. And then for your few extra days... I'd look into the Hilton because with the research that I did... you can use hotel points or just stay cheaper for the last nights.

I have not officially stayed yet... we are visiting the very week you are asking about. However here is what we did. (Also we are from America so credit cards and how they work for you may vary, the whole process was really awful with our back and forth with Chase to secure the transaction) We booked 2 nights at the Mira Costa with the Entertainment and Attraction Package "side Harbor/Porto view" for the dates Sep 24-26. Then we did 2 Nights at the Disneyland Hotel with the Many Attractions Package "Beauty and the Beast Room" for the dates Sep 26-28. Both packages came to only $5000 USD. Which for everything I'm getting I feel it is worth it... ESPECIALLY for guaranteed Fast Passes. And then for your few extra days... I'd look into the Hilton because with the research that I did... you can use hotel points or just stay cheaper for the last nights.

Thank you!
sounds like we are trying to do the same trip.
However, we are not allowed to book a MiraCosta Harbour view room in a package. This room type is not for sale in our region with a package :(

Thank you!
sounds like we are trying to do the same trip.
However, we are not allowed to book a MiraCosta Harbour view room in a package. This room type is not for sale in our region with a package :(
It’s not available in a package to anyone outside Japan. I think the previous poster has a regular Porto Paradiso Side room & just called it by the wrong name.

It’s not available in a package to anyone outside Japan. I think the previous poster has a regular Porto Paradiso Side room & just called it by the wrong name.
ok thank you
thought USA site might give you access to other room options.

Still waiting for our dates to appear to book for hotel only reservation.

However, looking at the 18th Sep it appears that 1 night in a Harbour View room is 72,900 yen ($911 AUD)
might not be worth it...since we are planning to spend as much time in the parks as possible for a 6 night stay.
Thinking we might do 1 or 2 nights in this room.
Will have to decide quickly...as they do appear to book out fast.

I spoke with a few who have done packages from outside Japan and they claimed from the regular Porto Room View you can still see the harbor only its from the side... not the straight panoramic that comes with the balcony, so yes technically anyone outside Japan can not see the Official Harbor View rooms in the Package (that people fight for at 5 months) That is the only way to get the straight-shot Panoramic.

I dunno if that makes sense. But I figured, we may luck out with a side view room too. So well see.

I spoke with a few who have done packages from outside Japan and they claimed from the regular Porto Room View you can still see the harbor only its from the side... not the straight panoramic that comes with the balcony, so yes technically anyone outside Japan can not see the Official Harbor View rooms in the Package (that people fight for at 5 months) That is the only way to get the straight-shot Panoramic.

I dunno if that makes sense. But I figured, we may luck out with a side view room too. So well see.
The regular Harbor View rooms don’t have balconies. Only the special rooms do.

You can see part of the harbor from some of the regular Porto Paradiso rooms, in the way that WDW claims a room is Water View if you can see five feet of a river. But you wouldn’t be able to see all of Fantasmic from those rooms, for example, off-center or not. They’re in another part of the hotel. Maybe you could see a few floats.

There is a separate room category called Porto Paradiso Partial View that provides a guaranteed but obstructed view of the harbor. This is the type of room that would give the “whole or partial harbor, but from the side or with something obscuring” view. Regular Porto Paradiso rooms are not blocked for this.

That said, the people you spoke to seem to have been happy with the view, and this is understandable because if you have a room on that side, you’re looking right into the park. What’s not to like? MiraCosta is a beautiful hotel. You’re going to have a great time whether you can see the whole harbor, some of the harbor, or none of it.

The regular Harbor View rooms don’t have balconies. Only the special rooms do.

You can see part of the harbor from some of the regular Porto Paradiso rooms, in the way that WDW claims a room is Water View if you can see five feet of a river. But you wouldn’t be able to see all of Fantasmic from those rooms, for example, off-center or not. They’re in another part of the hotel. Maybe you could see a few floats.

There is a separate room category called Porto Paradiso Partial View that provides a guaranteed but obstructed view of the harbor. This is the type of room that would give the “whole or partial harbor, but from the side or with something obscuring” view. Regular Porto Paradiso rooms are not blocked for this.

That said, the people you spoke to seem to have been happy with the view, and this is understandable because if you have a room on that side, you’re looking right into the park. What’s not to like? MiraCosta is a beautiful hotel. You’re going to have a great time whether you can see the whole harbor, some of the harbor, or none of it.

Oh I agree with you 150% This trip is going to be amazing. It will be what we make it. And thanks for all your help. I've been finding your knowledge here great. =D

We just returned from a three-week Asia trip which included a stay at TDR. We booked the three-day, 2-night package at Miracosta the minute it became avaialble online. (I had pre-registered on the reservation site prior). I had every intention of cancelling the package if I could get a room-only reservation at the five month mark. When I tried at five months, I was unable to get the two nights I needed (one was a Saturday), so I am so glad that I had the package. We booked a Venice Superior room. It was absolutley perfect! We had the most gorgeous view of the canals and gondolas from floor to ceiling windows. In hindsight - I do not regret the cost of tha package and would spend it again in a heartbeat. The Fps alone were worth it!
FWIW - be sure to pre-book dining also. From Miracosta there are great views of Fantasmic from Bella Vista Lounge (better than from Oceano). Also, we liked our meal better in Bella Vista than Magellans!

Could you explain how the tickets work with the packages? When you booked the Mira Costa, you were given a 3 day passport for your package, correct? So the last day would have been September 26th? But when you booked the DIsneyland Hotel package, didn't that come with 3 day passport which also included the 26th?

If so, how did you get around having a ticket from each package that would land on the check out day of the Miracosta and check in day of the Disneyland Resort or does one of these come with 2 day tickets?

Could you explain how the tickets work with the packages? When you booked the Mira Costa, you were given a 3 day passport for your package, correct? So the last day would have been September 26th? But when you booked the DIsneyland Hotel package, didn't that come with 3 day passport which also included the 26th?

If so, how did you get around having a ticket from each package that would land on the check out day of the Miracosta and check in day of the Disneyland Resort or does one of these come with 2 day tickets?

Yes you are given 3 day tickets from what I read and understand. So I will technically overlap and have one extra day when we leave. Which I guess we will 'eat the cost of'. But honestly that's a miniscule loss to me. What I paid for was the grantee that I had the rooms I wanted without fighting the local Japanese at 5 months out. Their website is not foreign friendly at all. And I'm a type A planner. Plus I wanted the benefits from each package. And this seemed like the easiest and most straightforward way of making that work. I thought the pricing was fair for staying in the 2 signature resorts and in very sought after rooms. Also my husband and I are sparing no expense this trip. So our budget is very much on the more expensive way to do Japan. We are not acting budget friendly at all.

Thank you for your explanation. Yes, you are right, I just priced things out and the cost of the that overlap day is insignificant in the big picture of this trip.

Do you have any tips when buying these packages?

Last edited:
Thank you for your explanation. Yes, you are right, I just priced things out and the cost of the that overlap day is insignificant in the big picture of this trip.

Do you have any tips when buying these packages?

I am thinking of making a Vlog post about my experiences with this... to help more people out. I read the stories from the forums and at first did not believe it would be as bad as it was.

My first advice is to go on the website now. Set-up your account with Tokyo Disney. And familiarize yourself with where things are. I did many 'mock' reservations.

Basically I would go onto the website at the reset time 10 AM Jap time (when there would be a ton of traffic) and go all the way through the process... until I got to the charge screen. (That way I was also watching how the package costs fluctuated based on season... which they do) I was trying to get a fair estimate as to how much we were going to have to pay. Because the thing about the packages is you have to pay upfront, unlike all the other parks where you pay 60- 45 days out from trip.

I also had my husband create his own account. And have him do the 'mock' reservations at the same time. What we found is even in the same house... one of us would always not get through at all (the site would say it was 'down')

Something very important to note... DO NOT EVER push the back button or the refresh button. That is basically site death. Just let it sit and think... eventually it should get to the next proper screen.

Also you can try and call your Credit Card company and let them know you are doing this in advance... but for me that didn't work. So be prepared to call you CC company during the process to *verify*

I had success with a Chase Amazon Prime Card.

Hopefully this is all helpful and makes sense.

Thanks so much for this information.

Do credit cards get denied or how does this credit card situation work? I don't quite understand when you call them to verify the charge? How do you keep the details of the reservation on verifty the charge at the same time? I would think everything would be lost once the card is declined?

Thanks so much for this information.

Do credit cards get denied or how does this credit card situation work? I don't quite understand when you call them to verify the charge? How do you keep the details of the reservation on verifty the charge at the same time? I would think everything would be lost once the card is declined?

What you are asking are two different situations. If you card declines (it will straight up tell you it is declined)

Japan apparently uses a different security measure then most other countries. It is very sensitive to foreign cards. Again I have not been to Japan yet to physically try cards there but from what I have been reading from a FB group that is very knowledgeable, lots of Japan travel planners there... most warn to plan on using cash as a foreigner. Most say there are only certain ATMs that work with foreign cards to withdraw (so you need to research which places) *Sorry this was all just a side-note*

The process of verifying your card is not necessarily a decline of the card. You get a special screen that pops up on the Tokyo Disney payment page that says (secure card must be verified... or a note similar can't remember the exact wording) Again do not hit anything on your computer. Let it sit like that and simply call the CC company. They can see that you will have an incoming charge from Tokyo Disney. I actually had to be sent to 3 different people within my CC company while I was on the phone. Apparently they do some backend processes. It probably took like 6-7 minutes on the phone to work out my first reservation. Once the CC company does the backend stuff... you go back to the computer and the message will go away and if it was accepted (you will see a normal payment processed screen).

Honestly... I can't even imagine doing this process multiple times for one night stays (which is why I ultimately chose to do the package, since I only had to do this twice)

It's very stressful. And both real times we did our reservations... my site didn't work and my husband had to put everything under his account (which is annoying since he's now being sent everything... and I have to chase him to log in and let me print important info)

We are getting close to 30 days out... and that's when we can make restaurant ressies in English and I think its 2 weeks out we can finally print our itinerary and guidebook

What you are asking are two different situations. If you card declines (it will straight up tell you it is declined)

Japan apparently uses a different security measure then most other countries. It is very sensitive to foreign cards. Again I have not been to Japan yet to physically try cards there but from what I have been reading from a FB group that is very knowledgeable, lots of Japan travel planners there... most warn to plan on using cash as a foreigner. Most say there are only certain ATMs that work with foreign cards to withdraw (so you need to research which places) *Sorry this was all just a side-note*

The process of verifying your card is not necessarily a decline of the card. You get a special screen that pops up on the Tokyo Disney payment page that says (secure card must be verified... or a note similar can't remember the exact wording) Again do not hit anything on your computer. Let it sit like that and simply call the CC company. They can see that you will have an incoming charge from Tokyo Disney. I actually had to be sent to 3 different people within my CC company while I was on the phone. Apparently they do some backend processes. It probably took like 6-7 minutes on the phone to work out my first reservation. Once the CC company does the backend stuff... you go back to the computer and the message will go away and if it was accepted (you will see a normal payment processed screen).

Honestly... I can't even imagine doing this process multiple times for one night stays (which is why I ultimately chose to do the package, since I only had to do this twice)

It's very stressful. And both real times we did our reservations... my site didn't work and my husband had to put everything under his account (which is annoying since he's now being sent everything... and I have to chase him to log in and let me print important info)

We are getting close to 30 days out... and that's when we can make restaurant ressies in English and I think its 2 weeks out we can finally print our itinerary and guidebook

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for taking the time to explain all of this!

Now I understand the verification page pop up. It all makes sense! Thanks again! I appreciate you!

I'm over a year out for our trip but I've already started planning and just figured out how to book the MiraCosta Harbor view room package. Did a dry run for a 1/27-1/28 date which came out to a grand total of around 29800, but I did manage to get all the way to inputting my credit card to make this reservation.

Of course it helps that I can read quite a bit of Japanese but the key thing in order to book these rooms/packages is to have an official address in Japan. I happen to have one through the Tenso mail forwarding service I use to shop in Japan (a dangerous power) and decided to test to see if it work for creating a Japanese online TDR account and can report back now that it DOES work and the only thing stopping me from booking this particular package was a credit card (and the fact that I'm not actually planning on going this Jan).
What is Tenso? A "use our address to receive things" service? If so, they're not going to handle the live tickets that come with packages. The hotel is also going to ask for your Japanese resident ID on arrival. Do not do this.

What is Tenso? A "use our address to receive things" service? If so, they're not going to handle the live tickets that come with packages. The hotel is also going to ask for your Japanese resident ID on arrival. Do not do this.

Oh interesting. They didn't have the kind of specification on the website so it didn't seem like a terrible idea at the time but thank you for the heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter