TDR Trip Booked! Questions about MiraCosta, Happy 15 and Park Days

underthesea412

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster on the Disboards. :wave:

I have to start by saying how much I appreciate all the help and advice on these boards, which have been amazing as I plan our November honeymoon to Japan. Of course, our 3-week trip has to include some time at TDR and we can't wait to experience our first international Disney park! (We're WDW APs).

I do have a couple questions that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer.

1) I currently have 3 one-night reservations for MiraCosta (first night Porto Paradiso side, second and third night are both the same room category but on the Venice side). Is it possible that we will be in the same room for the second and third nights? Or, should I expect to change rooms all 3 nights? (I am regularly checking back for availability!)

2) Is it pretty easy to get from MiraCosta to Tokyo Disneyland early in the morning to have plenty of time before Happy 15 entry? I'm sure it's so simple that I'll feel dumb for asking this once I'm there, but I'm a visual person and really struggling to understand which is the best stop to get off at for the park, especially with all the construction at the entrance.

3) If we have the Happy 15 perk, should we still rope drop Monsters Inc for FP and then get in line for Pooh's Hunny Hunt? Those are our 2 priorities in terms of attractions. Or, should we try to ride Monsters Inc, grab Pooh FPs, and then hop in line for one of the mountains? So many decisions! (We only have one day at Tokyo Disneyland, sadly, but it is a Tuesday that's projected to have relatively low crowd levels).

4) For DisneySea, we are planning to do one afternoon/night (the day we arrive, a Monday) and then one full day (Wednesday). Do you have any tips for this sort of split itinerary for DisneySea - 1 night and 1 full day? I'm thinking I'll use the first night to focus on nighttime entertainment so that the next day we are in DisneySea we can decide whether we want to watch the entertainment again or get in more rides.

Thank you, thank you! Seriously CAN'T wait!

2. Yes, just catch the monorail. You could walk, but it's fairly long and the last time we did it (probably in 2009) there weren't many signs (at least in English) with directions.

3. I'd recommend grabbing Fast Passes for Monsters Inc and then riding Pooh, subject to ride closures of course.

4. Your plan sounds good to me. It's unlikely that Fast Passes will still be available for Journey or TOT at that time. I'm not sure how much "nighttime" entertainment there will be other than Fantasmic on the harbour. You could try the lottery for Big Band Beat, but there may not be any shows available by the time you arrive. Same for Out of the Shadowland.

There are a number of areas which you might like to explore at night as they're visually stunning, especially the Mediterranean Harbour area. Also, try to do Aquatopia at night as it's more impressive in the dark.

Steamer Line, Gondolas and Electric Railway are also nice options for getting to know the park, although some of them may be closed by the time you get there.

Also, Tokyo Disneyland doesn't do "buttons", but you could ask a staff member for a "I'm celebrating" sticker. Maybe try in City Hall. They do them for birthdays, so they may have a general "celebrating" sticker for a honeymoon. Otherwise, I vaguely recall reading that they may sell the buttons that you get in the other parks for free.

Have fun and congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Thanks so much, @Agent 86 -- appreciate your quick response! I love your suggestion about the stickers. Maybe I'll bring our "Happily Ever After/We're Celebrating" pins from WDW with us.

I think we'll arrive at DisneySea around 4 or 5 PM. I know the sun sets early in November, but I think we'll be able to fit in a couple of the "transportation-focused" rides you mentioned along with Fantasmic.

Exploring the lands at night sounds like a great introduction to the parks, too! If anything, the extra afternoon/evening gives us more time for us to try all the amazing snacks I keep reading about without making ourselves sick, ha!

No worries. I think it's a good idea to take your existing buttons / pins with you.

We've never received any extra "magic" when wearing a birthday sticker, but the cast members all wish you happy birthday. Also, it should be noted that the cast members are at the very top of their game for ALL guests, so that's why I wouldn't class it as extra "magic". It doesn't mean that the cast members aren't the very best out of all of the Disney theme parks.

Eating snacks at night is a good idea because the lines should be pretty short, although some of the snack stands may be closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!