TDR Trip - January 2019

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
Hello! I plan to take my family of four to TDR on 1/7 and 1/8 2019. We’ve been a few times before, but never in January. I understand crowds should be “light” after the first five days of January (i.e., after the New Years celebrations). But how light? In the past we’ve always spent three days in the park and stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay. This time we’re thinking of just taking the train in from my wife’s parent’s place in Kawaguchi since I think/hope it won’t be too busy. Just planning on two days this time as there’s more to Japan than Disney! Thoughts?

We went in mid-Jan this year and crowds were very light during the week! Park hours will be shorter, so keep that in mind. I think it was 10a-7p when we visited during the week (Mon-Thurs). No ticket lotteries for any of the shows.

We went in mid-Jan this year and crowds were very light during the week! Park hours will be shorter, so keep that in mind. I think it was 10a-7p when we visited during the week (Mon-Thurs). No ticket lotteries for any of the shows.
Good to know! I’ve been a few times and have NEVER succeeded with the ticket lottery.

Good to know! I’ve been a few times and have NEVER succeeded with the ticket lottery.

We've never won a lottery either! On our next trip, we're just going to go the "first" shows of the day for which you don't need a lottery ticket. It's about time that we saw the shows again. I don't think we've seen them since our first trip in 2009, which was during the GFC and WELL before international tourists started flocking to Japan, so I don't even think they had the lottery system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter