TDR website & Package Help

fly girl

DIS Veteran
Oh boy, the Tokyo Disneyland Resort website is making me pull my hair out.

About 10-14 days ago I was researching room availability. I had no problem getting on and navigating the website. Granted, I never put in my CC info since I wasn't quite ready to commit, but I got all the way there. Even created an account.

Turn to last 2 days . . . I am ready to book it!! And yet, I cannot get very far on the website to save my life.:scared: After repeated page refreshing and finally seeing available rooms, I can't get past that page to reserve. The site keeps kicking me out with the message, "This site is temporarily busy or unavailable."

Any tips on how to get in? Certain time of day? I am on Safari, maybe a different browser? FYI, I tried my laptop, cell, and in Japanese on my laptop (with my cell doing google translator) and still got the dreaded "unavailable" page.

Also, I haven't looked too far into packages, just hotel rooms. Is a package the way to go? I am looking to visit parks for 2 days, but stay for 3 (first night, early evening arrival from a day of sight seeing in Tokyo.)

Thanks for any advice.
:flower:

Well, the website is finally agreeing with me. I am wondering if time of day and it being Japan's spring break has something to do with website issues. My guess is yes. Now that it is the middle of the night in Tokyo, the website is letting me in.

Anyway ...

Now I am at a conundrum with wanting a package. Is is a splurge? MOST DEFINITELY! But is it worth it? I am not sure. Here are the issues:

1. I wanted 3 night stay. Packages only 2 nights. I can add a night separately, any advantage to booking separate night on front or back end?
2. If I do decide to get package, if I don't enter park on first night of stay (Tuesday) am I able to use the 3 days park entry after my package checkout date? (ex. I book package hotel Tue/Wed, extra night booked Thur. USE park tickets on Wed, Thur, and Fri morning for a few hours before departure to Narita.)
3. Do I really need the BIG SPLURGE if crowd levels are predicted to be rather low? (the days for both parks are light blue) How accurate is the TDR crowd calendar?

I just don't know if it is worth the extra cost and having to check out and in again. However, if it allows us to enjoy our limited park time it would be worth it if wait times are going to be long.

1. Doesn't matter
2. No, but you can pay to add an extra day, if you want to. Package tickets expire on the last day of the package.
3. What are your exact dates?

We are wanting to go to the parks on April 24-25. Yes, next month. :) My ideal plan is arrive into TDR on Tuesday, the 23rd, in early evening after sightseeing in the city. Then hit parks on Wednesday and Thursday. We are leaving Friday to head back to the states, so there is no need to buy an extra day. I guess if we did book package, we would add the extra night in the beginning and package to start on the 24th. But if you look at crowd calendar, those days seem to be light so I keep debating if the package is worth the extra money. However, we have no idea when we will get back so we'd like to maximize our time at the parks.

(FYI, why so last minute? We work for an airline, so we are flying standby. Right now **fingers crossed** travel to Tokyo is looking okay.)

I am going in July and the package is worthwhile for me because the parks can be quite busy in July. We have 3 days to use the fastpasses so if a fastpass ride is down on one day, we can still be able to ride using the fastpass on another day. I got the package with the show so I don’t have to worry about lining up for lottery ticket or the show. Now I will have to figure out how to use the App once we get there in order to maximize our time. We are arriving late on a Sunday. Hope we can figure out the App on our arrival day.

We did a package this past November. We did two park days. It was totally worth it for the fast passes and the park to park priveleges. If you don’t do a package you’re locked into one park per day until your third day, then you can do park to park (I think... it may be the 4th day, I can’t remember). Since we were only two days it made sense to us to do the package. We park hop at WDW and wanted the freedom to do the same in Tokyo. It doesn’t save any money, but we were happy to pay for convience. We were staying at the Sheraton, so also didn’t get the Happy 15, but felt since we had the package fast passes we didn’t need it.

We did a package this past November. We did two park days. It was totally worth it for the fast passes and the park to park priveleges. If you don’t do a package you’re locked into one park per day until your third day, then you can do park to park (I think... it may be the 4th day, I can’t remember). Since we were only two days it made sense to us to do the package. We park hop at WDW and wanted the freedom to do the same in Tokyo. It doesn’t save any money, but we were happy to pay for convience. We were staying at the Sheraton, so also didn’t get the Happy 15, but felt since we had the package fast passes we didn’t need it.
You were right the first time about the park hopping. You can do it on the third day

For those dates, you probably don't need it. However, I always think a package is worth it if you're going at a busy time OR if it's your one & only trip to TDR. If it's financially feasible for you, I don't think you'd be disappointed, but if it would be a stretch, you will still be fine without it.

Not exactly. If you are staying at one of the four TDR hotels, you can buy a special ticket that allows park hopping from the first day, whether you have a package or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter