Teachers what do you think I don't want to over step

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I see a lot of group text apps and I was thinking the adults in the room can join one

I don't want tmi from them and I am already committed to four days a week but if one of the teachers is going to be out for the day I am not signed up for all they have to do is text out and that well be my cue to come in

I read the thread that texting is very unprofessional but it works for me on so many levels and for them as well

As as a teacher, I use the Remind App to communicate with students as not all of them will check their emails or Google classroom regularly (they should). Remind is a way to safely text anyone without releasing personal information on both sides. I sign up as a teacher and give my students a code to put into the app and anytime I have an important announcement or some type of reminder, I just send out a text through the app. I think this would work for your situation if you don't want to text directly with the teacher.

But really as a teacher, I text regularly with colleagues I work with in regards to school-related issues. It is just efficient and quicker that way. No one shares TMI stuff as we are all professionals.

When I taught my coworkers and I would text each other via standard text messaging available on all phones. The principal had a program where she could text the entire staff, but that was not personal, more informational such as a snow delay or closure. When communicating with parents myself and colleagues used the Remind app.

I would do it during breaks so the kids won't say to their parents the teacher does it why can't I?

I see a lot of group text apps and I was thinking the adults in the room can join one

I don't want tmi from them and I am already committed to four days a week but if one of the teachers is going to be out for the day I am not signed up for all they have to do is text out and that well be my cue to come in

I read the thread that texting is very unprofessional but it works for me on so many levels and for them as well

Wouldn't that be something the administration would handle and not the individual teachers? I assume there must be other volunteers that could also be called upon.

When I taught my coworkers and I would text each other via standard text messaging available on all phones. The principal had a program where she could text the entire staff, but that was not personal, more informational such as a snow delay or closure. When communicating with parents myself and colleagues used the Remind app.

My boss and I text and I am more then willing to leave enough alone I was just thinking this is only my first full year with this group so I am willing to bet they don't want to give there number out this why my boss is not sending out 2 to 3 text to let the group know one person well be out although I could be the only one that is effected in that case the thread is moot point and that did not occur to me till just now

My boss and I text and I am more then willing to leave enough alone I was just thinking this is only my first full year with this group so I am willing to bet they don't want to give there number out this why my boss is not sending out 2 to 3 text to let the group know one person well be out although I could be the only one that is effected in that case the thread is moot point and that did not occur to me till just now

They can send a single text message to reach everybody - no need for a special app. I'd leave it up to administrators to make staffing choices.

Our classroom team (teacher and two aides) communicate on a group text all the time. We text if one of us will be absent or late. We also toss around ideas sometimes when we're not at work. It's an easy way to stay in touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter