Team Mickey - Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Challenge

Good morning TEAM MICKEY! ::MickeyMo

This is our last day on the Team Mickey thread before we migrate to the BL thread.

A big, BL thank you to Susan for coaching this week! :thanks: You are a trouper coaching when you are sick! :thumbsup2

Kristina, glad you enjoyed your swim. It really is great exercise and easy on your joints and such! :goodvibes

Susan, hope that you are feeling better soon. :flower3:

I'm hoping this is the last hurrah for snow that sticks! We even had thundersnow! :eek:

Michele, nice to see you! :flower3: And a big :worship: on not missing any runs in 3 months.

Sorry about the dreaded runners tummy. I've had issues with it myself -- it is so not fun. :scared: It is a common malady and it takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what works for you. Over the past year I've discussed it with my GP, a gastro guy, and my gyn (who is a triathlete) and except for a prescription for tummy problems, that I needed anyway, no one had any great answers. What worked for me is that I do not have anything in my stomach when I do my long runs. During the run I take in as little water as I can, no powerade or very, very diluted and go very easy on the Clif Bloks -- gels seem to set me off. On long runs your digestive tract ends up being pretty much shut down so taking in something seems to set off a reaction to get rid of it. For me it happens later in the run -- like my body says I don't know how much longer we are going to be running across the savanna away from the lion so I'm getting rid of everything. If there is nothing to get rid of, it doesn't happen. YMMV. Hope you figure it out soon! :flower3:

Great job on the loss and tracking in MFP. Anytime I end a challenge weighing less than when I started I consider it a success! ::yes::

Tracey, that flu bug is bad news -- hope Izzie is feeling more like herself soon. :flower3:

Buffy, hope that everyone got off this morning okay! :flower3: Inevitably the hardest days to get out the door are the ones when you really need to get going. Ah, domestic bliss! :rotfl2:

Have a great day everyone and remember to send in those weigh ins tomorrow and move to the new thread. We will still be Mickeys, just on the thread with the Donalds. :smickey:

Good morning Mickeys!!
Yesterday my lower back was hurting something fierce - still kinda is. I am bad about taking meds for pains. A lot of them are processed through your liver and since my family has a history of liver problems, I try to avoid that.
So, rubbed some freeze something on it this morning and it feels a tad better.
Still did 40 minutes on the treadmill, 2.35 miles with some agressive interval training. But I am still not a runner and still hoping they don't sweep at the Everest Challenge!!

My first non-Disney 5K of the year is this Saturday (my bday of all days) and I am really hoping it doesn't rain!!!

Hey ::MickeyMo!

Here are 3 of the pages that I completed last night..

Novemberstats.jpg

Octoberstats.jpg

rewardscrapbookpage.jpg

The calendar has my daily workout minutes, calories eaten, and every Friday my weight.

This is also a quote I'm putting on my motivation page:

BREAKDOWNWOMAN.jpg

Plans for the day:

More scrapbooking, swimming, lunch, laundry, cleaning bedroom, dinner, relaxing, bed..

Good morning Mickeys!!
Yesterday my lower back was hurting something fierce - still kinda is. I am bad about taking meds for pains. A lot of them are processed through your liver and since my family has a history of liver problems, I try to avoid that.
Still did 40 minutes on the treadmill, 2.35 miles with some agressive interval training. But I am still not a runner and still hoping they don't sweep at the Everest Challenge!!

My first non-Disney 5K of the year is this Saturday (my bday of all days) and I am really hoping it doesn't rain!!!

Heat really helps me--if it's not a recent injury.

Good job on the scrapbook, maybe you could add pictures at the weight you were each segment...

Well, to add insult to injury my cat knocked down one of those old radio's that was on our headboard and I have some nasty cuts under my eye. I just cleaned them with alcohol this morning and put neosporin and bandaids on. I'm gonna go take a bath now and assess the damage. I might have my stepdad come over to take a look--he's a retired firefighter and my Moms retired nurse. Fortunately (ow!) I think my head took most the impact, the ibuprofens helping with that though. I called in again today--I'm still pretty sick, the roads are terrible and I look like Frankenstein. Hopefully I'll be ok to work by sunday which is the next day I'm scheduled.

Today is an exciting day!

For the first time in over 20 years, I am happy to report I am now officially in
ONE-DERLAND!

[/QUOTE]
Lisa, I am so happy for you!! Way to go, girl! WOO HOO!! That is awesome!! What an accomplishment!

For the friend...there are all kinds of tips and tricks for eating well and exercising more, but I think I would tell her to talk to herself as though she were talking to a friend. We are so supportive of our friends and yet so often quick to knock ourselves down when we have setbacks. Learning to tell myself that I am worth this effort, that I can pick up from a bad day and move on, and that I deserve to be the best me I can be has taken a long time - and I still stumble on it sometimes. But I realized that I tell my friends those things all the time when they need my support - how could I not offer myself the same courtesy?

Can't-miss at Disney...for attractions, if you like roller coasters, I'd have to go with Aerosmith, which I *love* (always ask to wait for the front row - it never takes very long, and it's awesome!). For the non-coaster types, I think I'd have to say Soarin' - it's just beautiful, and I find it really relaxing, in an odd way! Restaurants...I don't even know where to start, there are so many that I love! Of the signatures, Jiko and Narcoossee's are probably my favorites. I also love Flying Fish. Character meals - I love the princess breakfast in Norway; it's a family tradition for us. Karamell Kueche in Germany is an amazing stop for a treat, too! I could go on about food forever, but none of us needs that... :laughing:

Congratulations!
That is so awesome! You must be feeling fantastic today. Yeah! :cheer2:

I woke up to another beautiful day here in NoVa and decided to stop procrastinating. You may all remember that I said, right here, earlier this year, that I was going to try running when the weather got nice. Well, the weather must want me to do this - it's been 70+ all week! So today I suited up and took off with my C25K app. The first three workouts are the same - 5 minutes of brisk walking to warm up, then alternating 1 minute jogging and 1 1/2 minutes brisk walking for 20 minutes, then a 5-minute brisk walk cooldown.

I did the whole thing, and I actually felt really good! I clearly need to make some playlists, as shuffle gave me some great stuff and some of the kids' stuff (Ralph's World isn't exactly running music), but I jogged when I was supposed to, and the world didn't end! Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, so I'm going to see if it's clear enough to go early in the morning. Brave new world...

XO
Liz
Congrats on the running! That is amazing!! Keep it up!
i'm alive! i'm alive!

this will be short, i tried to scroll through but really couldn't focus....but i know you are all doing FABULOUS :teeth:

in short, pituitary gland surgery #2 was somewhat smoother than the first, the first week was difficult but not the same intensity. today is a good day :teeth:

the surgeon reported he did some more housecleaning and i have 40% of my gland left, so far my function is intact. though any thyroid disruption won't be known for couple months. i'm on replacement steroids, sigh...a necessary evil

i took my own pillow in my character signed pillowcase from DCL, in yellow my favorite color...b/c it makes me happy ....got several comments from staff on it...lol....one person asked me if i signed it myself...oh the disney naivete ;)
So glad you are on the mend! :)
Well I am just stuck. Seem to be at a plateau and just not going anywhere. I am thinking about taking my own advice and shaking things up by trying another style of weight loss plan-- specifically Weight Watchers. I have healthy choices down. I have shown that I can maintain with my current eating style but I think I need a little tighter guidelines on portions to get things jump started again. I really hate weighing, measuring, journaling and counting points but not as much as I hate being 50 pounds overweight!!

So the question is: Local meetings? Online? Go it alone? I have done WW 4-5 times in the past so I am familiar with everything. Unfortunately I gave all my old stuff away last year so I don't have any of the old program stuff to look at but honestly you can find most everything you need on the www :rolleyes1 I don't really need the meetings and group support-- I KNOW the principles, I think at this point I need a little more daily visual accountability and more structure of what and how much I am eating. I am still eating like I did when I lost 50 pounds but the problem is most likely that now that is too much food and I need to adjust my idea of how much I can/need to eat. They have free registration until the end of the week if I want to go locally and the center is right up the street (right next to my favorite Chinese restaurant! :rolleyes: ). But I am working for 2 more weeks and really don't have the time for meetings until this job is done.

The big issue I have had with WW and similar plans in the past is that we do a lot of home made meals of different types that are healthy and use good ingredients but it is a pain in the butt to try to calculate actual numbers for those because of the number of ingredients, which is why I like South Beach. I know it can be done but it can be time consuming and I get frustrated and give up. I do want to stick with my South Beach principles of low carb.

I guess I am thinking I will maybe see what I can do on my own for a week or two and then decide if I need to put the money into it for more support.

I would love to hear any thoughts or comments you might have?

Personally I love WW. I can go to meetings and do online with my plan, but I just track online. I love it. I can track it and be done with it. Its really easy once you get the hang of it. WW online plus this forum is my perfect combo!

Thanks for all the information CC!

LtS: I prefer meetings in person. I just don't think i would be accountable if I did it online. There is something about going in and another person seeing the weight. I also like the discussion at our meetings and I always coe out feeling more nergized and ready to recommit to another wee. I just don't get that jazzed from the online discussions.

Here is a pictre of the puppy and I the day we picked her up at the Leaderdogs campus:

429110_789454240572_36106886_36062298_222122540_n.jpg

What a beautiful puppy!

Hi Mickeys!

I haven't checked in in a few days; life has been crazy busy. That's not going to change, though, and I wanted to say hi! I've been keeping up with reading posts and with HH, but I've fallen off the QOTD wagon. :guilty:

I started my C25K app program, and I'm amazed at how well it's going so far! The gorgeous weather we're having definitely helps, as I'm loving getting out for this half-hour. I didn't realize that I was supposed to do this basically every other day, and I've been doing it every day for 5 days now! Doh! But I feel good, and tomorrow has to be an off day because of my commute, so I'll break tomorrow and pick it back up on Wednesday.

Basically, it starts with a 5-minute warm-up walk. The first three days were then a minute of jogging alternated with a minute and a half of walking followed by a 5-minute cooldown walk. Yesterday and today, the intervals changed to 1 1/2 minutes of jogging alternated with 2 minutes of walking. I made a playlist that has definitely gotten me going, and the nice voiceover lady tells me when to switch off.

Today I came back from that and did Jillian's 6-week 6-pack (my third day on that one). I can do pretty much everything except for the side-plank leg lifts - I think it's part strength and part balance, but those are completely beating me! Maybe by the time I'm three weeks in...

I'm now officially maintaining, so I went through my closet this weekend. I now have a huge pile for the consignment shop and Goodwill, and I'll have to make some strategic decisions about how to replace parts of my wardrobe - I can't afford to do it all! Luckily, my telecommuting schedule means that I can get away with casual most of the time (today is cropped jeans and a black tank top), and I do still have some things that fit that I can wear to work on my on-campus days. There were only three pieces I absolutely loved enough to take to the tailor. Hopefully this will keep my closet from getting out of control, too - I had so much stuff in there I wasn't wearing. It's a great problem to have and definitely my biggest NSV to date!

Nearing the three-month mark until we sail on the Dream with the podcast crew....this beautiful weather has me ready for a vacation now!

Hope everyone has a great day!

XO
Liz
Congrats on the closet and the running! Woo hoo!
Morning all!!
Totally went bananas on food yesterday, I guess it was because for the last week I've barely eaten anything. But I added it to my fitness pal diary, accepted it for what it was and today I'm back on plan.
I had a good protein breakfast and have already had 2 servings of water (gotta love water bottles). I need to run 2 errands then I want to hit the treadmill for at least an hour. I'm irritated with DS11 because he forgot both gym bags today (bowling and drama) so now I need to take that to school which is in the opposite direction of the other errand. ERGH!! Tonight is bowling right after school and DS's play at 6. I have no idea what we are doing for dinner. I need to see if DH is willing to cook while I'm at bowling.

I'm still toying with weight watchers but I'm just not sure if I should do meetings or do it online. I have got to get the food part under control. I want to be down at least 20 pounds before Disney in December and I've decided to switch to the Donald 1/2 instead of the princess. So I need to get my butt in gear!

OK enough rambling! I need to get off this thing.

Tracey I hope Izzie feels better today!!! DH has the same thing and it's just horrible.
Everyone I hope y'all have a great day!!

Your DS sounds just like mine. Some days...... lol. Congrats on keeping on keeping on!!

Hey, Mickeys, checking in, it's been a little while again...

Still tracking everything in MFP. I am down about 3 or 4 lbs total from the start of the challenge--I am finding that once I hit 40, it is just slow to come off. Though of course I wish it were more, I am ok with this loss so far because I have proven that I can schedule and keep workouts in my schedule--it's been almost 3 months--and I have not missed one of my three weekly runs. I've just been making it a "given" each Tues & Thurs after work, and everyone is on board:cool1:

I am discouraged about my May HM though. I've been "running" since the summer, and religiously for the last three months, and no real change in my speed (which is SLOW)--my speed is on the borderline of the being swept time. And I am having tummy troubles:scared1: on long runs over, say, 4 miles, which has me VERY nervous for the actual half. So I am on the fence about doing it:confused3 We'll see if I get 11 miles done this weekend.

My school just got back two unused snowdays over Memorial Day Weekend, extending it to a five day weekend!:worship: Am looking at airfares and bank account right now trying to convince dh to take a quick little trip to WDW, we'll see if it happens, wish me luck and him luck too, he would need to try to ask tough boss:scared: for those days off:wizard:

Keep on keeping on, everyone!

My advice is to just go for it! The race atmosphere will be enough to put you over the top. I was borderline pace like that too, and the race vibe was perfect for me--made it all seem easier. Training is way harder than running the actual race, in my opinion. You have worked hard and YOU CAN DO IT! I hope you get to go to WDW, too!

Good morning Mickeys!!

Congrats on your birthday race! Good luck! I know you will rock it!

Hey ::MickeyMo!

Here are 3 of the pages that I completed last night..

Novemberstats.jpg

Octoberstats.jpg

rewardscrapbookpage.jpg

The calendar has my daily workout minutes, calories eaten, and every Friday my weight.

This is also a quote I'm putting on my motivation page:

BREAKDOWNWOMAN.jpg

Plans for the day:

More scrapbooking, swimming, lunch, laundry, cleaning bedroom, dinner, relaxing, bed..

Nice! I love it! Very good job on those! You will be so glad you made this when you look back in a few months/years. :)

Well, we went on a family getaway to Wisconsin Dells. It was fun, but on day 2 my DD15 had horrible stomach pain and we took her to the hospital, it got so bad. She had to have an emergency appendectomy! :scared1: It cut her water park time short but we were able to salvage some fun. We grilled out and still had some great family time. Now I can add that to my list of things that I can handle while on vacation--we had never had something like that happen, so it was a little scary going to a small hospital where we didn't know anyone.

Workouts and runs have been going great. I'm excited to see where the next few weeks take me, weight and speed wise. I am re-doing measurements next Wednesday with my trainer. I have a 5K coming up on April 21, and a half on April 28. Wish me luck! I want to PR at both of them, even if only by a couple of minutes!

Hope all is well with everyone, that everyone gets over all their sicknesses, and we all continue to break those plateaus and lose weight this week!

hi teammies!! wanted to check in one more time before the merge ----

i'm 2 weeks post-op today. doing pretty well actually. the downside to that is that i'm not experiencing the degree of impact that is expected with a successful surgery, and so i'm worried that i may not land in remission for all this. but...time will tell and so i need to just clear my head and move forward......

i did buy a juicer before surgery so i have been enjoying fresh fruit/veggie juices this week... i'm surprised at how well i like the different blends and it makes me feel like i'm getting more veggies

i will try to remember to WI tomorrow so that i can pick up from here and join back in --

Howdy,

Tomorrow's weigh in should be interesting. I did my "peek" on Wednesday. :scared1: That wasn't good, so I did it again today. Better, but so not where I was before I went to Seattle. I am still in onederland. That's about the only good news! ;)

Schools were closed for a snow day. ugh Not that it mattered to DS2; his school choir was heading to San Francisco rain or shine or snow! It was funny to see kids lugging suitcases in the snow!

Hope everybody has a good weigh in tomorrow and makes the thread move!

Sorry about no quotd today but I was out of ideas and figured it'd just be lost since were merging threads tomorrow!

My parents came over to look at the cuts--and they said I'd done a great job cutting up little bandaids and everything was coming together good. So we cut up more little bandaids-(Casper--they're black, I look like I have a black eye lol)
and I have the next 2 days off so I can just keep the bandaids on. My Mom was surprised at how fast I was healing-- lol that must be all the stupid Garlic, Echinacea, vitaminC, hair and skin vitamins (doubled my dose today) goldenseal, and gallons of water in varying forms. Gonna go close myself in the bedroom with the humidifier for the rest of the night lol. I also made my husband get me some papaya enzyme and I have a fresh pineapple I cut up--both are supposed to help with bruising...
I'm still stuffed up/runny nose, but I'm staying off the cold meds so I can just literally blow this out of my system lol. We're taking the daughter to the coast tomorrow because that's one thing she asked for us to do with her while she's here. I'll just bundle up and stay in the car and read while they dink around on the beach. Will enjoy the seafood though at mo's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter