Techie help needed...TV/VCR/Cable

Mickey Nut 50

<font color=blue>Loves to find Hidden Mickeys<br><
How do i program my TV/VCR combination (built in VCR) which is on cable to tape a program?

I've tried it before by putting in the necessary info on the TV, and turning off the TV when it was on the right station. Cable box was on. Nothing happened.

JAG is our favorite program, and won't be shown until 2:00 AM next Wednesday morning because of Ohio State Basketball! GRRRRR!!!!!!! I really don't want to set the alarm for 2:00 am, and again at 3:00 am to shut it off.

Anyone have any ideas?

It's been a while since I've had to do this but when I did I think I put the channel I wanted to record on the cable box but when programming the VCR to record I used channel 3 when it asked for the channel - does that seem right? Oh, and I also shut off the TV and left on the cable box.

You need to have cable box on right channel, as mentioned above. TV has nothing to do with the VCR nor cable box. Can you run cable direct into TV, without the need of a box?

We have to go through the cable box as far as we can tell. Gary said there was an A/v port in the back of the family room tv (separate VCR there). Problem is, I don't know how to program that VCR. We'll try to play with it.

My VCR when I try to create a "timed recording" ques me to make sure there's a tape in and turn the power off. If I were you I'd try to set up a recording 10 min from now for a length of 5 min until all the bugs were worked out.

Cable box to channel 3 or 4 (whichever your tv is set to receive cable signal).
VCR to channel you want to tape.
Set start/stop times on VCR. Turn VCR off in order to record with timer. *this is where I always mess up.

If this doesn't work, consult your VCR's manual or call their customer service dept.

thanks, everyone for your suggestions. I think I've got it figured out. I did as Kirk suggested and did a test a short time ago. It worked. I just have to remember to leave the TV on the station I want to record.

Knowing me, I'll probably wake up at 2:00 am anyway just to make sure it's recording.

I appreciate your help, everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter