Technical problem making reservations online.

Dean

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
I'm having autofill issues when I go to make a reservation online. It only happens with one computer but it's the main one I need to work for this. On my other computers when I go to make a reservation it autofills information such as name, address and phone number but does so correctly. On this computer it autofills my email address is almost every field replicating it multiple times and when I got to enter the correct information and get down to putting in US for the country, it goes back and over writes any information I've corrected with the email address listed over and over again. Disney tech says it has to be on my side but it happens with multiple browsers even when I've cleared ALL cookies and caches and turned off all autofill options from safari. Further, the email it autofills is not the one that's the main one in my address card and not the one that when I do use autofill that is added. When I use my iPad it auto fills but correctly. My guess is Disney is tracking the MAC address and so they're recognizing the computer even without cookies. If anyone has any information or suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

I wish it were only that simple but it isn't.

I've noticed several other quirks but have not run into that one. I do make reservations at times over 4 different devices and most often use Microsoft Edge. I've never read of anyone else having that happen either. Hope you can get it figured out!

What add-ons, extensions, etc. are you running? That's most likely the cause in situations like this.

I had a similar issue with Southwest last year. I switched browsers and it worked fine.

What add-ons, extensions, etc. are you running? That's most likely the cause in situations like this.
Unfortunately I didn't get notifications but came back to this thread since we've (really I) have figured out what's happening. I had the problem on chrome and Safari with both my desktop and laptop, I did not with Chrome in Incognito mode which makes sense when I describe the cause. I had previously made sure that the autofill option was off on all browsers and for the website in question on my password manager (Lastpass). DVC and the Disney IT people weren't a lot of help but I kept working on it from my side when I could. The issue to me appears to be that Lastpass, even with autofill turned off, interfere's with DVC's own autofill methods. So if I unhook Laspass completely from each browser, it works correctly and if I turn it back on, even without autofill checked, it causes the issue noted. So it was the interaction, and not either side alone, that is the issue. This hasn't been going on for too long but I haven't done much for reservations in the last couple of years, I suspect it started when apple forced Lastpass to change to more of a separate app setup.

Unfortunately I didn't get notifications but came back to this thread since we've (really I) have figured out what's happening. I had the problem on chrome and Safari with both my desktop and laptop, I did not with Chrome in Incognito mode which makes sense when I describe the cause. I had previously made sure that the autofill option was off on all browsers and for the website in question on my password manager (Lastpass). DVC and the Disney IT people weren't a lot of help but I kept working on it from my side when I could. The issue to me appears to be that Lastpass, even with autofill turned off, interfere's with DVC's own autofill methods. So if I unhook Laspass completely from each browser, it works correctly and if I turn it back on, even without autofill checked, it causes the issue noted. So it was the interaction, and not either side alone, that is the issue. This hasn't been going on for too long but I haven't done much for reservations in the last couple of years, I suspect it started when apple forced Lastpass to change to more of a separate app setup.
You must have a Lastpass entry with autofill turned on somewhere for that to happen. If you go onto the DVC site (preferably where the problem happened) and click the Lastpass icon, it'll show all matching entries. Or if there are more than a couple, there is a "View all fillable items" you click and it'll expand to show them all. Also make sure you're on the latest extension version in case there's a bug -- my browser says it's v4.54. If you're using version 3 it's deprecated. More than likely, though, you just have an entry somewhere that you missed. (You can also add the domain under "Never URLs" under account settings.)

You must have a Lastpass entry with autofill turned on somewhere for that to happen. If you go onto the DVC site (preferably where the problem happened) and click the Lastpass icon, it'll show all matching entries. Or if there are more than a couple, there is a "View all fillable items" you click and it'll expand to show them all. Also make sure you're on the latest extension version in case there's a bug -- my browser says it's v4.54. If you're using version 3 it's deprecated. More than likely, though, you just have an entry somewhere that you missed. (You can also add the domain under "Never URLs" under account settings.)
Maybe but I can't find anything and everything that smells of Disney has Disable Autofill checked. And I am on the latest version.

Maybe but I can't find anything and everything that smells of Disney has Disable Autofill checked. And I am on the latest version.
Ah well, sorry, not much else I can tell you. It's supposed to show you the matches when you go to the page. Beyond that, incognito mode or a different browser without lastpass it is!

I use Lastpass and I have no problem. It's possible you have a wrong password saved in Lastpass. If you open your vault and search for the DVC website, do you have the right information saved?

Ah well, sorry, not much else I can tell you. It's supposed to show you the matches when you go to the page. Beyond that, incognito mode or a different browser without lastpass it is!
Thanks, I'll keep looking around but I can just turn off the extension in preferences for Safari.
I use Lastpass and I have no problem. It's possible you have a wrong password saved in Lastpass. If you open your vault and search for the DVC website, do you have the right information saved?
I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!