Teen decided not to go!!!!!

Westcorkdisfan

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I know it is hard to believe (or not if you have a 16 year old in your house) but my darling daughter has decided not to join us on our trip and I have decided to let her. My husband wasn't going anyway so she won't be home alone and I can change her ticket to one to SF in May with minimal fee.

So for the question.... I booked through WDW direct for a package including room, tickets and free dining. I was wondering if they would refund her ticket €459. Our reservation is for 31st October. If they won't cancel her off and refund her ticket would we be able to use her ddp credits?

I luckily only bought 3 universal tickets but 1 is assigned to her. Is it a pain to change the name on the ticket? We are there the 29th (1 night at HRH if they can do it there).

I have sent e mails but I know it takes forever and just want to prepare for what I might be up against. I did buy MNSSHP for the 31st and know they won't refund that.

The joys of living with teens.....

Thanks for any info or experiences!!!

Don't wait for emails as you could get involved in a back and forth conversation that lasts too long. Call them directly as the person on the other end of the call can make the changes straight away. Disney should be OK but you must act quickly.

I guess you might be able to amend your booking for a £200 amendment fee. Or take the extra dining credits and have extra meals.

Hi, Thanks for the replies. If I don't get the refund I will definitely add a few signature restaurants!

Hi, universal changed name on the ticket which was great. Disney refunded the ticket minus €65 so that was a bonus! So only out for MNSSHP for halloween. Not a bad outcome. Is there a way to gift the ticket? Thanks!

It was a long time ago, about 15 years I think but my husband decided not to go to mnsshp and I gave his ticket away to someone standing in a queue outside to purchase tickets. Surprisingly it wasn't that easy, people seemed a little suspicious, maybe thinking there was a catch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!