Teens and Castaway Cay

anjuan

DIS Veteran
My 15 year old daughter is planning on doing several teen activities while on Castaway Cay. Does anyone know if I must be with her to get back on the ship or if she's able to go back on without me?

I believe if she has her KTTW card with her, she shouldn't have any trouble. We have not had this situation in our family, but I think this should do it...maybe others have direct experience. When in doubt, call/chat with DCL. Cruise on...

There is a form to fill out for passages until the age of 18 to get OFF the ship without an adult. You can specify what ports. You can say only Castaway Cay.
You can fill this form out when you do your online check in or at Guest Services once you board.

OP is asking about getting back on the ship. The form above is for getting off, but not required to get back on. A tween/teen can get back on the ship by themselves for sure at Castaway Cay and possibly at other ports (that I don’t have experience with)

Last edited:
My daughter was not feeling well after a too hot and too fast 5k and went back to the ship on her own for a nap. She was 13, just had her KTTW card, no other form of ID and it was not a problem. I did specify during the check in process that my kids could disembark on their own in CC, but no other ports.

Thanks everyone! I'll fill out the form because she may be going off the ship without me as well since she's talking about doing the 5k

OP is asking about getting back ON the ship. The form above is for getting off, but not required to get back on. A tween/teen can get back on the ship by themselves for sure at Castaway Cay and possibly at other ports (that I don’t have experience with)

That’s why I said OFF in capital letters. So she would know a form was available

When we cruised in 2016 my DS17 was able to get back on at castaway cay without us. He did disembark with us. When we cruised this past summer to Alaska I asked if my DS 14 could get back on the ship without me (he really disliked the post port adventure shopping) and was told yes, I just had to be there for him to get off, but he could get on by himself with his KTTW card.

For our cruise this last summer I was prompted during online check in whether we wanted to allow our underage teens (13+ I think was the cut off) to check themselves in and out for all ports, just Castaway Cay, or not at all. I selected CC and that was that. No form required just KTTW and go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!