Teens at Aulani?

sleepingmommy

Earning My Ears
I have a 14 year old son who will be with us on our trip. The other two are 10 & 7, so they really don't share the same interests. They will LOVE Aunty's Beach House. He's in a sort of "brooding" stage right now and I'm trying to learn more about the teen activities or teen areas (if they have them). There is NO way I could coax him into a spa treatment. Are the teen activities more mature or are the more kid-like? If the activities are like capture the flag, I think he will think he's "too cool" to engage. I don't know. Thoughts? Anyone else with teens feel my pain? Ha ha

My (then) 15 and 13YOs just wanted to do the slides and lazy river all day. They were perfectly content doing a whole lot of nothing LOL Although DD15 and I did some of the scavenger hunts.

I saw teens doing a scavenger hunt in the evening and they looked like they were having fun. I think they were on mixed teams. Not sure about other activities. My DD was 10 when we went and wanted to spend all her time in the pool and lazy river. She thought Aunty's was ok but only did one activity there.

DS15 and DD13 wanted nothing to do with Aunty's when we were there 4 years ago or any teen activities this year, so I'm not much help there. I agree with the other poster who said her kids were happy with the slides and lazy river. Ours were, too, plus they loved the large selection of movies in the community hall to rent. We'd hit the pool late morning, they'd watch a movie in the afternoon, and head back to the pool in the evening. We did take the kids along on the nature/art tour (they didn't love it, but oh well). We tried to get DD to do the ukulele lessons, but she refused. Guess we should be glad they don't mind spending time with us!

My daughter was 13 when we went in January. She too enjoyed the pools and just exploring on her own. However, she did a couple of the teen activities (I think the game night and the house party, maybe?). She had fun and has kept in touch with at least one of the girls she met at the activities.

My daughter was 13 when we went in January. She too enjoyed the pools and just exploring on her own. However, she did a couple of the teen activities (I think the game night and the house party, maybe?). She had fun and has kept in touch with at least one of the girls she met at the activities.
See, that's what I'm hoping! I hope he can find a couple friends to hang out with and just enjoy himself.

We just went in June with our 14 year old son. There were some teen activities that we thought he would like - drawing lessons, beach games, campfire stories - I know there was some others I just can't remember them. He was against doing them all and when talking with some of the Aunties staff they said normally they only get a handful of teens to join for activities. He spent his entire time in the pools and lazy river or trying to find Donald Duck.

We went in January to celebrated my (then) 14 year son's birthday. We had a weekend staycation with his friends. My son and his friends enjoyed the pools - lazy river and water slides. They played Ping-Pong table tennis by the lagoon. They enjoyed the Standing Up Paddle boards. Make sure you go early (they went at 8:00AM) to rent the boards.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!