Televising 50th celebration?

iheartdisney

DIS Veteran
I don't know if this is the right forum, but seems close enough for me! :earboy2:
Does anyone know what/ where/ when about televising (nationally) the big to-do on 5-5?
(*keeping my fingers crossed here*)
TIA!!

I wondered that too. I do know that GMA will broadcasting from there. As well as a handfull of other "news" networks.

I was hoping that there would be a TV special that night on ABC, since work and other obligations will keep me busy all day.

:goodvibes :goodvibes I wish I could take the morning off and just watch what is on tv re: the celebrations! woo hoo.........but alas, I will simply be at work. I have a little 2-3" tv and maybe I can sneak it next to my computer. heee :goodvibes

Maybe, if not on TV, there will be something "streaming" on the Internet.

---Paul in Southern NJ

According to my TiVo, when I do a search under the keyword "Disney", the following programs will be showing on Friday 5/5:

Good Morning America--The celbration of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World (!); a report on the grapple.

World's Best--"Disney Cruise Line" (an old show from 2003)

I'm afraid that's it under "Disney" but I'll be happy to share any new information if I get it!

They are filming something for Good morning america early Thurdsay morning ( I think we have to be there at 3:30 am). I would assume they will have something on the abc news, other than that i'm not sure. Also 5/5 is thursday not friday .

Donna

Also 5/5 is thursday not friday .

Okay, then I wrote the wrong day. The shows that come up under the search are still for the date of 5/5.

I also see that mouseplanet.com is supposed to be having "constant coverage" on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Hi All,
just thought you may be interested in knowing that "Sunrise" one of Sydney, Australia's morning news show, is broadcasting from DL all this week 2/5-6-5 :banana: .
We are watching as much as we can, getting really excited for our trip in Nov. :cheer2:
Gosh how I wish we could be there this week!!!

Judging from the amount of film crews that are already in the park, I'd say you'll be able to find plenty of coverage on May 5th. Of the crews I spoke to, they are there from Australia, Japan, Germany, and Canada. I also so plenty of ABC cameras around too for those of us in the 'states'.

From a list that I'm on:

On Thursday May 05, 2005 from 07:00 AM to 09:00 AM on ABC is

Good Morning America
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland! (TVKirby note - idiotic
online database that I found this one on said "The celebration of the 50th
anniversary of Walt Disney World" Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!)

---

On Thursday May 05, 2005 from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM - Check Local Listings is

Access Hollywood
``Kingdom of Heaven''; Disneyland's 50th anniversary; reality shows;
actress Brooke Shields; actors Andrea Bowen and Cody Kasch (``Desperate
Housewives''); actress Carmen Electra; worst auditions. See
http://www.accesshollywood.com/wheretowatch/index.html to find your local
station and the time the show is on. Time given here is for Atlanta GA WXIA
TV

---

On Thursday May 05, 2005 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on the Travel Channel is

Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes
Explore Disney's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, and
Disney-MGM Studios in this in-depth behind-the-scenes tour. Orlando,
Florida, once a sleepy town, has become the nation's #1 vacation spot and a
rite of passage for children the world over.

---

On Thursday May 05, 2005 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM on the Travel Channel is

Disney Cruise Line
An examination of the cruise line includes the ship's galley, engine
control room and provisioning areas, its Broadway-style theatre and the
palatial Walt Disney Suite

All of this information was compiled by Kirby Bartlett-Sloan at http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv

KTLA is broadcasting this morning (May 4th) at 7:00 am. I am looking at the castle right now.

Tink, didn't you win one of those 5/4/05 tickets?? I thought we would be getting an insider report from you!

missmulan said:
Tink, didn't you win one of those 5/4/05 tickets?? I thought we would be getting an insider report from you!

No Golden Ticket for me, and it wasn't for lack of trying. I entered at least 6 contests to win tickets. Here is my funny story. DH played in golf tournament last week. There was one celebrity with each group. He called me during the auction to let me know that he would be late coming home and to tell me how well they played. I immediately asked him if the celebrity could get me into Disneyland on May 4th. :rotfl2: He told me that he was not going to ask him and I told him to hand the phone over to him and I would do the asking. DH won something from the auction and told me had to go right away to pick up his item. No tickets for today, but I did end up with a nice pair of Oakley sunglasses. ;)

OMG, i entered many, many tix contest for today too. but, here i am, working at my part-time job on 5/4/05. oh well...maybe we'll get chosen for something even bigger!!!!!

Tink33 said:
No Golden Ticket for me, and it wasn't for lack of trying. I entered at least 6 contests to win tickets. Here is my funny story. DH played in golf tournament last week. There was one celebrity with each group. He called me during the auction to let me know that he would be late coming home and to tell me how well they played. I immediately asked him if the celebrity could get me into Disneyland on May 4th. :rotfl2: He told me that he was not going to ask him and I told him to hand the phone over to him and I would do the asking. DH won something from the auction and told me had to go right away to pick up his item. No tickets for today, but I did end up with a nice pair of Oakley sunglasses. ;)

Too funny. I entered as many contests as I could find too. Then when I was in the park on Sunday, I was asking as many people as I could to try and get me in. I was joking with CMs telling them I'd do their job that day. I even asked some of the camera crews if they needed extra help carrying the power cords or something. All this was done jokingly, but I swear if someone took me up on it, I probably would have done it. :blush:

On Weds at 7PM and 11PM EST, Showbiz Tonight on CNN Headline News will be "live at Disneyland helping Mickey celebrate a magic milestone."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter